MunchyMC [2020] Winter Staff Application For JitterJatter

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I have been an active player on MunchyMC for close to a year.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I use OBS and have a YouTube Channel where I upload any videos of suspected hackers.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes. I presently have TeamSpeak 3 for Mac.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

My current IGN is Jitterjatter (I have only ever changed my name once, you can see this here)

14 (I know my real age has been mixed-up in the past but 14 is my true age)

Timezone:

CST (Central Daylight Time) Chicago IL

Languages Spoken:

I speak fluent English.

Server you would like to moderate:

I would enjoy moderating, MunchyMC’s Survival Server.

How active can you be per week?

(Activity differs on School days and other activities that I may partake in.)

Monday: 1-2 Hours

Tuesday: 1-2 Hours

Wednesday: 1-2 Hours

Thursday: 1-2 Hours

Friday: 3-4 Hours

Saturday: 3-5 Hours

Sunday: 3-5 Hours

(Weekends could be much longer, but this is the amount of time that I can always be active)

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

I first logged into munchy in early February of 2019 and I almost immediately fell in love with the server. Upon joining the survival server of MunchyMC I was welcomed by all players online at the time. I remember being in awe of how easily the community got together and how helpful the moderators and general players were. It was obvious that the people were deeply in love with the game. I remember the first few days that I had played and how whenever I needed help with an issue, someone would always be there to lend a hand. Ever since those first few days I knew that I had found a great home. After looking back on those first days I knew that I wanted to make new players feel the same way I did. That is why I stayed, because of the community.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story:

Currently I am Clean as soap.* :soap:.
In the past, I was temp-banned for auto clicking on KitPVP. I fully admit to using an auto clicker and I believe that I have learned my lesson and I can assure anyone who reads this that it won’t happen again. Also, on MunchyMC’s Discord Channel, I was banned for contacting too many moderators at once. There was a player that was breaking almost every rule and I panicked so I @'ed every moderator online at that moment. I was took the time where I was banned to think on how I could have handled the situation more calmly and I was later unbanned from the Discord and it has never happened again and it never will.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

Yes! I was formally Head-Manager on a small MineHut Server called RapidMines. It was a fantastic server with a great community and everyone appeared to have a blast. The server usually had 7-8 players online a day. Sadly, I decided to step down from my position as I was distressed from being online constantly with really no change to the server. Recently, the former owner has said that they shut down the server as they lost their player base. After stepping down, I took a turn away from Minecraft as a whole and started to focus more on school and activities outside of gaming and overall being online. It was in February of 2019 when I came across the hilarious YouTuber called BadBoyHalo. I saw from his videos that he created his own server and I decided to join MunchyMC and was immediately immersed in the community and really found a home. :houses:

Do you have any anticheat experience?

Yes! All knowledge that I have with anticheats is solely the commands and the alerts sent to staff. I’m aware that Ares is the custom scripted anticheat designed specifically for MunchyMC and that it detects almost every hack that’s in the field. Any knowledge of Ares is also limited to very few of the commands and alerts that staff will get from it if it suspects that a player is cheating. I would love to learn how Ares works and how to use it to its full advantage against hackers/cheaters on the network.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have made two hacker reports that are linked,

Video Proof:

Here

Here

Both of these reports were deemed insufficient. I have contacted both of the moderators that deemed these reports and learned that more evidence was needed. I took a chance to learn from those reports and determined that taking more time to gather more evidence is really needed before issuing punishments.

Here are the written reports:

Here

Here

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

On the server, I constantly try to lend a helping hand whenever needed. If a new player joins and they need help to get started, I try my hardest to teach them how to play the server and how the server works. Helping players really just puts a smile on my face, especially when you can tell that you’ve made their day. I am a strong believer in doing my part in the community so that it can thrive. If no one ever helped someone or even took the time to welcome them then, MunchyMC wouldn’t be where it is today. If we are speaking money wise, I don’t really donate to the server as I am only 14 and really can’t work a job but occasionally, I’ll buy a tag or a rank.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
As a member of the staff team at MunchyMC I believe that I can bring a variety of different abilities to the team. These abilities differ from being able to judge whether or not a player is hacking to working together with the team to solve issues amongst the server. Those abilities are not why I am applying to be a moderator, it’s the community. I believe that to be a successful moderator, I must listen to the community and take in information in an organized manner so that I can work together with the rest of the staff team to produce a resolution to issues that benefits the players and the server. Also, I am able to bring different perspectives when working amongst the staff team. These different perspectives allow me to give insight on different ways of dealing with problems to create the most beneficial answers to these problems.

How do you work when in a team?

I used to believe that independent work was best to overcome workloads and to complete tasks with efficiency. Over all of the experiences that I’ve had working in a team, I have come to realize that working in a team is when work gets done. Working in teams can allow ideas to gain constructive criticism and expand to their full potential. When I work in teams I find myself exploring different pathways to resolving different issues and openly listening to my teammates to really help put together the best ideas and solve different issues in the best manner.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

I haven’t dealt with many survival based hacks because the server that I was moderator on was a KitPvp server. Although, I have seen my fair share of hacks and in my opinion, the hardest hack to detect would most likely be Auto-Respawn. This hack allows the player to skip the respawn screen and immediately respawn. I feel that this hack is undetectable unless you knew where the player would respawn and be at that spawn point at the corresponding time that the player dies.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I have applied one time on the network and was denied for maturity issues. Since then, I have worked to better improve my responses to different comments and I have worked to grow a better sense of patience.

Thank You So Much For Taking The Time To Read My Application! Please Leave Any Feedback That You May Have Below! :smiley:

If I am Not Online To Respond To Your Feedback You Can Message Me On Discord

My Discord Name - Jitterjatter#8381

Edit List:

• Added onto a question
    *Grammer
    *Added Banner/Title
    *Grammer

i mean i didn’t read it but it looks nice
+1

1 Like

Tysm XD

+1

• Good application

Best of luck!

-AlluTheVallu

2 Likes

Thanks!
Good luck to you too!

1 Like

Clean as soap? What about the discord ban you got a couple months ago?

2 Likes

Hey Joshios!

I asked a mod and they said that, that question means any punishments at the moment!

love this!!! really emphasizes 'team work makes the dream work!"

+1 :)

1 Like

I don’t know who you asked but I’m 99% sure this means, “explain why you have your previous punishments”, if someone was currently banned or muted I doubt they would be accepted for staff.

Also I just wanted to mention it may be very difficult for staff to verify any of your reports for things like pvp based hacks where you need good evidence when you record them, due to the fact that your recordings play at 20~FPS, how do you think you will overcome this?

2 Likes

Those recordings were on my older pc! I have since then, gotten a new pc and it records videos at a much hight FPS!

Also, I talked to Ant and they said that the question implied before and at the moment! After learning this information, I have added my answer into my application!
Thank You!

Thank you maefrey

Maybe you should include your ban from the discord? I think it’s best to be fully honest in your application.

1 Like

Added!

+0.5 due to PH

1 Like

Thank so you much

bruh.
dont know if ur joking or not but i noticed this lol

1 Like

My age was speculated in the past

+1
A wonderful player, a wonderful friend, and a wonderful application

1 Like

Thank you so much Vega! Your a great friend too!

1 Like

Hi there @Jitterjatter. We feel that at the moment you don’t meet the maturity requirements for staff. We hope to see your improve on that and apply again in the future!