MattGuitars's Staff application for May 2020 recruitment

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

I would say myself I am quite active, but I sometimes forget about the server and play a different game… In total, I would say that when I do play, I am on for a while and enjoy myself. The total would probably count as a total month of active playing. EDIT: I would, of course, stay loyal to the server if I got staff and would obviously not forget about it.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I will use OBS and record in 1080p60fps.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes. I have it downloaded right now, though I do not use it much. I am familiar with the way it works.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: MattGuitars

Timezone: GMT+2

Languages Spoken: Mainly English and Slovene, and an amateur amount of German.

Server you would like to moderate:

I would prefer WoolWars, since I am the best at it in comparison to the others.

How active can you be per week?

Most likely 4-5 hours per day, though it might vary. I would, of course, tell a higher staff member if I would be less active any day/week. EDIT: Right now, during the quarantine, I am obviously more active, since I pretty much just stay at home.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

EDIT: Okay I said before I don’t know when I joined, now I do, and that was 24th of October, 2017. EDIT2: (I don’t know what I was doing when I was writing this section, probably asleep, I didn’t answer like half of it, sorry!) The thing that really made me stay was the interesting way that WoolWars works. It is quite amazing, and it certainly made me stay for that reason mainly.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story:

Nope. I have not been punished.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

EDIT: Completely edited.

1st server: MusicalRp
This was my first server. I learned so much from this one. I used most of the basic plugins, and didn’t really learn much on the side of creating custom Skripts or configuring configs. I used premade plugins for literally everything and used some dumb systems to sell items. The server sadly closed down about 3 months after its initial release, due to Minehut (the host) suffering a data breach, which sadly deleted my server. But that didn’t stop me on my journey to become better. The next server I created had more players slots, better plugins, and so much less lag, due to the credits I received as an apology from the Minehut staff members. It was called MuscialSurvival.

2nd server: MusicalSurvival
Or something like that. Keep in mind, that you couldn’t export your own plugins into the Minehut dashboard, so the fact you needed Credits to buy the plugins from the server would now finally be a possibility to improve my server, due to the breach. I did improve a lot, and even though I didn’t actually ever publish it, I was so happy and I learned so much from the final result. I got a somehow working server with a good economy system, but sadly the server is now deleted due to me starting some new test servers later. In fact, now I still have all of my projects active, and I sometimes still start them up and test some plugins / learn more Skript.

3rd server: PureGens
PureGens is the server where I learned most of the things I know, even to today. I started as a Helper/Trial rank, but due to the server needing staff members ranked up really quickly, so I got Mod in no time. Sadly, the server suffered from many griefs, and I tried my hardest to stop them with a combination of the console, backups and CoreProtect. Minehut is a hub based network host, so there is also a leaderboard. It is also made in a way that its easily griefable, so those are quite common and need 24/7 support to fight them. After the multiple alts griefing, we had to whitelist the server and start working on a new “season” of the server, to fix the damage. I helped a lot, and so did many people, but soon, the server was forgotten of and it wasn’t since about October of last year when I came in contact with them and got an Admin rank. This meant a lot to me, and I am still Admin on the server. But now, there is some trouble with the ownership, so, I suppose it is shutting down, and besides I really would not want to be in the stress of an Admin again, I prefer being kind and fulfilling wishes of the community in different ways. This is one of the main reasons why I am applying.

4th server: all the billions of failed servers and the dumb ones I was staff on.
Yeah, no need to talk about those. So your brain doesn’t get hurt.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience?

On the server, not really. I rarely see cheaters, or even when I do, the cheats are probably made to cover up the blatant parts, though I see Ares banning people a lot during my playtime. I think Anti-Cheats are amazing, though if not coded right, can be a big issue. I don’t think Ares does, but I do have experience with a pre-made Anti-Cheat we put on a server once. Not a good idea.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have sadly only made one. And I know it was made today, but seriously, the network is amazingly clean of hackers (at least from my experience) and only some inappropriate skins are seen.
Here is my only report I ever needed to post:

EDIT: Another one I made today. the result wasn’t clear during the time I was editing this, so yeah. It was an impersonation report.

EDIT2: I reported this man for saying an inappropriate word. I know that might be a dumb addon, but I really haven’t made many reports in my day.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

I think I have contributed to keeping the server less toxic and more friendly, especially via chat. I think that I haven’t made enemies with anyone and try to stay positive as much as possible. The server always needs to focus on being friendly with the player base, and staff members are not the only ones that must contribute, which is what some people believe. Staff members are there to lead us, we need to shape the community. EDIT: I think I am quite good to talk to, and I help a lot of new players, especially now, when I really took the time to learn more about the server and its mechanics.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

If I were to get the rank, which I am really hoping for, you guys would get an honest staff member that would give care and effort into making the server a better place, especially the community. I know that I am basing my application mainly on the community, but I really enjoy helping out the players to become nicer to each other. I also can find cheats in many examples. My experience on many servers would contribute to the final result of the staff team by eliminating as many cheaters/rule breakers/inappropriate skinners into the Purgatory. I would do my hardest of work, as I am currently not working on almost any server (except some test servers on Minehut which i rarely join nowadays).

How do you work when in a team?

I can take the lead if needed, but I prefer chipping in as a good listener and I will obey any kind of needed activities if the leader thinks so. I would, of course, help out shaping the ideas etc., though I really prefer not being the leader. EDIT: I listen and suggest, that’s what I do :smiley:

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

That would be a mix of different cheats. Nowadays, the client allows you to 1. hide the client by enabling .panic , a ghost setting to hide the client, as well as modify all the parameters of almost any cheat to make it unblatant, for an example reach set on 3.1-3.2 blocks (as the normal reach is 3 blocks). Killaura, not so much, maybe an autoclicker set on 10-15 cps, as well as a soundclicker, so they can trick a staff member not informed by the cheat and make them believe they are actually clicking the said Clicks per Second. AntiKA set on a really small factor is not that hard to see, though it is possible to false ban easily, due to there actually being different strategies by the pop pvp community and the german bridge players, like vepex (even though he was actually cheating, proven by Tenebrous). EDIT: Anti Killaura/velocity could be easily hidden due to a kit that allows you to crouch and become immune to Knockback. Now the AntiKA can be probably modified to auto crouch while being attacked, to imitate the kit’s perk. You can still listen for the anvil sound effect, though it can easily be forgotten about.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I believe I was turned down mainly due to lack of detail. This time, I included more things, as well as got myself more skill in moderation. Here is the link to my old application.

1 Like

+0.5
Good App but there are some spelling mistakes I recommend you to fix.
I never see you on woolwars but that could just be me.
Gl MattGuitars

Hey there!!!

Thanks so much for the reply! I am glad to see i am not doing for a +0 yet, which is already an accomplishment!
I am not sure why you never see me on the server, maybe different timezones? Or maybe it is just me not being that loud or trying to get attention or something… Idk… Thanks so much for the reply and yeah! Have a good day :smiley:

EDIT: I actually thought you were gonna say you never see me on the TeamSpeak/Forums, which I will be getting more active on now, since I am really hoping for this staff position.

+0.5
-friendly
-not toxic
Try to make your application more detailed. Also I haven’t seen you on the server much, so try working on that too.

Greetings and Good Luck with your application!
-PitKit-

1 Like

:DDDD The priest!!!

1 Like

Hey

Good and detailed app a 1
+1 from me

Have a good one

1 Like

+0.5

I know MattGuitars due to being a subscriber of mine very active and friendly however as some people say maybe add a little more detail

1 Like

+1. One of the best apps I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Thanks @SkippoAPS and @Vurm for the really kind replies. I enjoyed reading your replies :D

2 Likes

+1
Detailed application, as well as a great personality in my opinion, as I have seen him on the Woolwars server.

1 Like

+1

I think is a great and very detailed application! Good Luck!

1 Like

Howdy there @MattGuitars. At the moment, we feel that you don’t meet the requirements for staff. We hope to see you apply again in the future!