Mala's Helper Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been playing on Munchy for over a year.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I recently learned on how to use OBS, which is fairly simple.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I am somewhat competent with TeamSpeak, but I prefer Discord since I’m more active on it.

Application

IGN:
My current IGN is MalaVT, but will be changing it back to Mala__x in less than a month.

Timezone:
EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Helper

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Prison

How active can you be per week?
M-F : 4pm-12am (I work in the mornings)
Weekends : 12pm-12am, depends on what I’m doing

(Like an average of 50-60 hours per week, sometimes even more)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I don’t think I do, maybe a couple mutes for spam? Other than that, I always make sure I am on my best behavior.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
Nope! First time applying! :D

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I’d say I have a pretty good reputation in the Munchy community. People seem to like me, as I always try to be as positive and helpful as I can be. Besides the normal toxicity almost everyone experiences in the server, I have no issues or arguments with anyone, even with those that I know may dislike me. I would say most players on the server like me and are happy to see me when I join.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

• I love playing Prison, it really caught my attention when I first started playing. As far as I’m concerned, the server’s operation is really fascinating. I have never seen a server with such a unique looting system, farming, etc.

• I find Prison to be a lot of fun and I’m always down to help out newer players. Many new players don’t know how to get going with Prison when they first join, and I like providing assistance and witnessing their journey to becoming Prison experts! I take pleasure in being counted on and being present.

• I also noticed that Prison has a lot of EU Mods/Helpers, which are usually all asleep when I am on. There have been many times when a staff member was needed, but due to the different time zones, no one was on to help, which can be a pretty big issue.

• There have also been many players that have said I would be a good helper, which definitely motivated me to apply.

In other words, It would be a privilege to help staff manage the server.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
To be fair, I would give myself an 8. I am currently a moderator on a server on Discord, but it isn’t related to Minecraft. Once I am aware of what needs to be done and where the limits lie, I am fairly certain I can implement them. I am usually capable of having a peaceful and rational attitude towards most circumstances.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would give myself a 7. I am familiar with a few, including Auto Clicker, Reach, Fly, and Kill Aura. Those are pretty obvious hacks that I have seen, but I am eager to learn more and how to recognize them.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I unfortunately do not have any recorded reports as I only recently started using OBS. I have made many reports to staff by doing /report or by messaging them in game or on Discord.

19 Likes

Definitely +1, an absolute joy to be on the server with her, one of the nicest people on Munchy :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

+1 Very kind active and always willing to help

5 Likes

One of the more kind prison players I’ve encountered +5 great person

4 Likes

+1
I feel like I’m repeating myself on all the applications lol
Friendly, Mature and well liked within the community, definitely knows how to stay calm even in stressful situations. Well written application, very detailed
Good luck!

6 Likes

wow rude :(

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! @DREX0R @ItsSnowyAmelia @TheFireGamer210 @DonutJack :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Very friendly, very liked around the server, helpful and an amazing friend!
big +1

4 Likes

+1 I’m in your walls

4 Likes

+1 mala is always really swag and chill. she has experienced the same circumstances as I, so she has a good grip on how to know if a situation is about to get out of hand. she’s very sweet and understanding. we’ve become good friends in the past 2-3 months and i believe that she would be good for the position

4 Likes

Very fun, clever player, quite respectful
She is VERY sassy, so don’t get on her bad side!
+1 from Joshy

1 Like

Thank you Alexis, I appreciate it! <3

1 Like

SASSY??! -_-

More like… you know…

2 Likes

Although I don’t talk to Mala very often, I know they are a great person. Always super friendly and helpful! They definitely deserve to be a helper without a doubt!

2 Likes

Thank you Rib :)

3 Likes

Good luck Mala! You sure would rock as a staff member. :relieved:

3 Likes

Thanks Candle!! :D

1 Like

Huge +1!

I’ve never seen you anything else than nice and mature in chat. You’d be great for the Helper position!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Miyaki!! <3
I appreciate it!!

1 Like

Mala is pretty cool

3 Likes