KitPvP Kit Balancing

Disclaimer: Any topics that do not have to do with this forum post will be removed. We appreciate your ideas but they are only ideas. Do not expect all of these to be implemented.

This is a pretty straightforward post. There are a lot of discussions within the community on how to balance kits. Please leave your ideas on which kits you think need to be buffed, nerfed, or are in a good place. Please also leave your recommendations on how you think the kits should be changed. It’s one thing to say, “nerf falcon!” it’s another thing to tell us how.

18 Likes

One thing that I always hated about Ninja is that it for some reason gets strength once it uses its abilities. While I am not fully aware of the ancient ninja code, I do not believe Fujibayashi Nagato unleashed his full power upon going invisible.

Jokes aside, with the invisibility already being difficult enough to combat, being able to be killed using a singular crit from a ninja player is certainly not fun.

I’d even say that it should be reversed so that a ninja should always have strength 1 and speed 2 applied, except for while the player is invisible.

In addition, I really hate Falcon.
A lot of people use the excuse that it’s some kit that’s only used for some events (such as the crown event where you had to get around pretty fast and flying was a good method), that’s really not the case. Falcon is horrible to fight against, first because it takes a good 20 seconds to shoot/punch them down, but also because the moment a falcon player is hit they run away until they regain their ability.

A way to possibly nerf falcon may be to give them limited flight time. Instead of flying permanently, a falcon player may gain the ability to fly for roughly 5-10 seconds before dropping down. It adds a little bit more fairness to the game.

Another way of nerfing falcon may be to have its ability disabled once the player enters combat (not just by being hit, but also while hitting someone).

16 Likes

Some changes I’d personally love to see;

• Ninja: Reduce or remove strength damage buff while invisible it’s really not needed and is rather annoying to get two shot as I’m sure everyone will complain about. (Strength I or Strength II is more than enough)
  • Switcher: A longer cooldown on its ability (5 seconds seems extremely short for a kit with a lot of escape and potential to set up quick easy kills).
  • Thor: Fix lightning spam when the axe is thrown onto the ground in a corner, it’s rather annoying.
  • Dwarf: A possible short-term delay before granting speed buff when crouching (Maybe? I’m not too sure on this one).
  • Fisherman: After fishing someone closer, prevent the rod from landing on players (sort of like Shrek already has for projectiles) while the cooldown is in effect to stop consistent rod spamming…
  • Scripter: Instead of having to right-click the book and select your ability you should be able to cycle through your abilities with the drop key and right-click to activate them.
  • Glider: Start the cooldown after landing and dismounting the pearl.

Just a short list of personal preferences/ideas I think would improve gameplay quite a lot and make Kit more enjoyable and balanced. Scripter I’m aware might not be the best change but I think it’s much better than having to pause in your inventory to change your abilities and gives the kit a slight bit more potential in combat.

6 Likes

Alright so, not much work needed for this but

Ref ninjas sharp to sharp 2 it can 2 tap most kits since they are leather, buff bomber (maybe 3 tmrw or buff tnt dmg), buff summoner (cooldown), BUFF THOR seriously the axe takes time ti come back so you can’t stun rlly, and finally maybe add more to distance to wizard

3 Likes

Since changes to ninja have already been suggested I’m going to only talk about Scripter and Groundhog (as well as Screecher) here.

Scripter’s health ability requires changing as it outsoups any other kit in the game including tank and pvp by a lot. To change it, I’d suggest changing the health buff to weakness 1 resistance 1 but since that might be a tiny bit underpowered I’d also suggest giving it an extra maximum heart going with the “health” theme. Also Scripter’s speed ability is total garbage and can get 1-2 hit by anything so changing it from 5 hearts to 7 hearts would also be a good idea.

Groundhog I feel needs some major buffs to become viable such as a major increase in damage output (upgrading its sword) a major increase in damage reduction (upgrading its armour) and its ability needs to somehow deal damage for it to be useful or change its ability entirely because currently it is the worst kit in the game by far and it isn’t close.

Screecher is kind of not the greatest at the moment, so if the ghast noise could somehow not be so deafening and giving it sharp one would help.

Note: these are my opinions on what should be changed if you have other opinions that’s perfectly ok

3 Likes

Disable Armor Durability

I don’t believe it is a fun experience for players who are skilled enough to survive to have to deal with armor breaking, which causes multiple problems; you take significantly more damage, you become a target because people know you’re an easy kill, and now you have to either /repair or /spawn, which just isn’t fun.

This is particularly a problem for leather-armor kits, where even though they have Unbreaking, armor still breaks in like 2 decent fights. I used to play the Jester kit mainly, and it is not fun or rewarding to have to continuously /repair or /spawn when I finish fights. It is not a fun experience being chased around the map once my armor breaks and people know I’m effectively a two-hit. This system ends up punishing players who are performing well, and I don’t think it’s a good concept for the game.

I don’t think this is a popular opinion but it’s significant to me, in terms of general balancing. Fights should be determined by skill and soup, not by which person’s armor breaks first. On that note Bears it might be worth taking all these ideas and polling them to make sure any changes you do end up making will have positive community favor.

5 Likes

personally, I would prefer if limited armor durability was kept. overall, I just think it adds a nice touch to the gameplay on kit. repairing armor also uses tokens which aren’t that hard to get. in fact, they’re so easy to get that many players are absolutely stacked on them. although repairing barely costs much, it provides a way for those tokens to be spent alongside /soup which costs a bit less

however, I do agree that some kits need to have their armor revisited for durability adjustment

12 Likes

I believe that jester should lose it’s haste, the kit is already semi broken with the ability to mess with your opponent so I don’t think that it should really have haste.

3 Likes

I disagree with the falcon change. For me falcon is a kit I just when im just bored and want to fly around watching people do stuff. Falcon isn’t made to pvp, its just made to troll around. Literally all you have to do is hit then 1 time when the circle around you and ANY kit in the game would beat them. I want to be able to just explore the map and stuff, giving it a cooldown just makes it boring. Your argument is basically that it’s annoying but you can say that about ANY kit in the game.
just some from the top of my head

echo- attack them, use ability, run
ANY bow kit- spam and run
dragon - spam ability and run
jester - attack, use any ability, run
shrek- getting low? throw them

Pretty much every kit can be made hard to fight. the only difference is that you can’t catch up to a falcon but you can’t catch up to a wizard ninja slingshot or vampire either. i think falcon is fine the way it is

3 Likes

I agree with this! I only use falcon on kit and it’s just to have fun. Other kits wouldn’t let me explore the map this easily because it’s just get destroyed leaving spawn. :innocent:

5 Likes

Can’t you use the spectator mode for that then…?

4 Likes

Maybe if you’re using falcon and you get hit you get slowness 2 or something until your cool down is over and you can fly again.

8 Likes

This^

It shouldn’t be that easy to escape a pvp using falcon, at least give temp slowness so both players can fight if the falcon gets hit while flying, that’d make it less of an annoying kit and more of a “tactic” one (so you need to be actual careful while using it…)

5 Likes

Maybe a cooldown for the elemtalist arrow abilities somehow. Im surprised no one has said much about this kit.

A more popular opinion is to nerf Ninja. imo all that needs to change is the extra strength u get when u use the ability.

9 Likes

its not the same.

plus u need to buy a rank

3 Likes

Ninja - when the base kit and every single other kit besides dash is no speed, there should never be a speed 2 kit. way too easy to run and the invis crit is almost always a 1 tap unless its an alt using autosoup. no offense but with the cheater problem this should def not be a kit rn. casual right now is just a bunch of hackerbots using tracers on eachother in ninja its lame. imo id completely redo it and its ability.

Abomination - way too strong doesnt matter how good you are you still get combod by anyone

Hornet - deserves a buff i miss old hornet.

7 Likes

I feel like this is the perfect post for me. AS people may or may not know over the course of 2 years I’ve mained 4 distinct kits, Archer, Swapper, Titan, and Fish. The fish nerf was deserved, but the other 3 kits I would like to rant about it and hope yall understand to balance correctly in the future. Firstly Swapper, Swapper was the one kit that could swap you with someone else making it the perfect bait kit, however when it gained a 5 second cooldown dealing with more than 2 people became impossible. So the lesson there is to think how that nerf would cause people to think about a nerf. Now Archer, Archer was a kit that let you distance yourself from an enemy with the unch enchantment, however, when it was changed it became less of an archer and became a sniper which sniped titans who were in the orange-red zone causing a 1 hit kill. And now titan. Titan is the worst kit in existence now, or at least for doing what titan was used for. Which was to kill killstreaks, which can only be done if you kill 5-7 people with the last hit. Seems simple but people overestimate the power of titan because everyone runs from a green-yellow titan which is worse than the PVP kit for dmg and a worse escape option than hornet causing it to be like both but none at the same exact time. And by the way, Titan Weaknesses exists, a post by me a titan main to tell people how bad titan is, and also Petition to slightly buff titan kit in case I didn’t engage yall enough to buff titan. So at the end of this monologue, I ask no plead for just 2 simple things, 1 think of how a buff/nerf would change a kit in the future, and secondly please remove the max hp regen to titan, it’s literally the one thing a titan can lose to not because of skill but because the people who are on just run away for 10 hours causing you to lose 10 minutes to just dedication to killing ppl for strength. So please buff titan and think about how the kits change when nerfs occur. Bc the nerfs to some kits have been catastrophic to some of them.

3 Likes

BAD KITS
Summoner - a ablilty that is as annoying to yourself as ur enemy. If you didnt take knockback from the creeper it would acctualy be super fun or mabie have diffrent mobs you can summon
groundhog - abilty has no use in combat why is it a thing
OP KITS
portal - way too easy to set up a portal that will just insta kill. should make players imune to fall damage after entering a portal (Migglers ON TOP)
fisherman - if someone knows how to use fisherman most kits get camped for 30min in water untill u die Tbh idk how u would fix it
Ninja - too many abliltys invis + speed 2 + do 9 hearts this could be split into 2 or 3 diffrent kits make ninja speed 1 and invis and a diffrent kit with slowness that does hella dammage but also takes a lot

3 Likes

Thats basically titan in water

2 Likes