KitPvP Changes - The Dreaded Ninja Nerf [11/4/2018]

The Season 2 Tournament is LIVE Over $250 in Prizes!

NEXT UPDATE OUT →

KitPvP Changelog - [11/4/2018]

We’ve made some changes to KitPvP recently and have a few more coming out it the next couple days. Click the link at the top of this post to see info on KitPvP Season II and other changes we’ve made recently.

Kit Adjustments

• Ninja Buff/Debuff: EDIT: This was adjusted in the latest Update
    – Ninja’s resistance was changed from Res 2 to Res 1. This will cause it to take slightly more damage per hit. This, combined with other changes will help prevent Ninja from being as tanky as it has been and you’ll have to be more stealthy.
    – It’s ability cooldown to go invisible (which was 30 seconds) has been lowered to 15 seconds and will be lowered to 10 seconds in the next update.
    – Ninjas now get Strength 3 when invisible, making their first hit when they hit someone stronger. This combined with their shorter invisible cooldown will make them much better at sneak attacks and escaping conflict.

• Vampire Is Back EDIT: This was adjusted in the latest Update
    – The Vampire Kit has been brought back. It has its same ability as before where killing someone adds additional hearts to your health for each kill.
    – However, it also has 2 additional abilities. In the hotbar you will now find the “Bat signal” hitting a player with it will put that player on a bat that they cannot control. The only way to get off the bat is if they shift or if the bat is killed by someone. This is a great ability to use if you want to try and escape someone.
    – Their third ability will happen when you right-click the bat signal. This will let you summon a bat that you can ride around the map. All Bats will despawn after the cooldown runs out.

Adjustments

• Clans can now change their name once every 3 days instead of 7.
  • Halloween event removed
  • Season 2 released
  • Players can keep their killstreak if they log back in within 15 minutes as long as they were in spawn when they logged out.

Bugs Fixed

• Players don’t lose free kit tokens when leaving KitPvP
  • Killstreak saving was laggy.
  • Particle bug
  • Clan purchase bug
  • Dragon fire was staying behind on the map.

More changes coming tommorrow!

NEW MAP!

Thank you to the build team (especially the istaf crew) for producing an awesome new map for us! It’s amazing and you should watch the video for it here:

New Legend Rank!!

Don’t forget to check out the New Legend rank in the store! It lets you host events like HG, Sumo, War and more!

Feel free to suggest additional changes in the comments below :slight_smile:

10 Likes

best update hands down

1 Like

The ninja kit was crazy, thank god it got nerfed!

the ninja nerf is stupid as it’s completely ruined ninja kit because you get 2-3 shot by everything and also made ninja vs. ninja fights entirely based on whoever can get a double hit first / whoever has invisibility.

also the crossbow nerf is pointless. the problem with crossbow wasn’t the punch. It’s the fact that it shoots super powerful explosions with a huge radius, which it still does and is still just as annoying as ever

1 Like

brilliant, ninja kit was never really OP but i like the re-work done to it, kind makes you feel like an actual ninja w/ the strength buff, a much better decision to re-work it rather than just nerfing it to the ground

good points, going to adjust both of them.

11 Likes

imo, speed 2 shouldn’t even be an option on a server that has nothing but kits with no speed. i really don’t understand it.

i think the fix to this issue would be to give the default kit speed 1 instead of strength 1, because as of now, the strength isn’t working out so well since other kits also have strength along with abilities, essentially making default useless. adding speed 1 would make default kit worth playing, because it would be one of the only kits with speed 1- and this would balance out due to default having no ability.

1 Like

@1BowStringer :scream_cat::scream_cat: I’m gonna pass out this update is breathtaking :scream_cat::scream_cat:

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think that the punch was the issue with crossbow, but more so the strong explosion that would knock you back when hit. Along with that, the explosion makes it to where you can almost always hit the player & you can easily spam them and they can’t get anywhere near you.

Ninja is… eh…

@1BowStringer the day has come… VAMPIRE IS BACK

1 Like

Ninja kit is so bad now you die way too quickly … It was fine how it was.

1 Like

Ohhhh dear… Where do I begin?

Thank you for bringing vampire back, its nice and all, but I’ll talk more about it in a second, I would rather start with good news first, then the bad news.

The map is really really great. Shout out to the building team for making a very unique and crazy map! I just found the huge water ravine and it was very awesome.

I am also glad that ninja will no longer be 70% of the meta anymore. I mean after all, this kit is SUPPOSED to be sneaky, not some kit that just abused speed II as it was the only kit with it. I hope it stays this way considering its a very logical approach to the kit, and also makes it so that not anyone can just go combo with speed II anymore.

Now the bad news…

I am still kinda unhappy that some of the bugs that I have noted still haven’t been fixed yet, such as hornet losing their ability when they accidentally right click the ground with their antennae, or how players can abuse the event teleport but instantly leaving a PvP area, instead of waiting the normal 5 seconds for spawn. I do hope that the staff does take some of this into consideration.

Now the other kit changes: Crossbow didn’t really need the punch I removal, and in fact I don’t think it needs a change at all. I still don’t think people understand that explosion damage isn’t added to the power IV damage. The only time you take explosion damage is when the arrow hits the ground and not the player. Also the explosion affects any nearby players not hit by the arrow. If you are hit by the arrow, you take power IV damage, and thats it. Yes it’s powerful, its supposed to be powerful, otherwise crossbow loses viability against archer.

Yeah they can spam it, but what happens when they run out of arrows? No more damage, except through a weak sword. You can also block to reduce damage, it really does work to kill crossbows, especially if you play slingshot, fisherman, etc.

The Bomberman buff won’t put bomberman ahead by any means, it is simply outclassed by dash in most cases (if you want the details, I can share, but I do think it is fairly obvious). Give Bomberman a little bit more protection or extra damage, and it might see some play.

And now vampire… ahahaha. I bought into the hype for about… 5 minutes, then realized how weak it was. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an improvement from what we had before, but this is still… way too weak. I will make a separate post on kitpvp topic later, because it warrants that much typing.

Overall, the update isn’t very pleasing, though it did have some good things. I wish more was done, especially considering we are approaching the best holiday ever… TANKSGIVIN!

2 Likes

HELL YEAH FINALLY
also they better have added the entulea easter egg i’ve been bugging them about

:o Thanks so much for this <3

We’ve released part 2 of this update. Some of the bugs and issues you mentioned in your last post are fixed.

8 Likes

Ayyy, this was a nice update, GG.

Im gonna cry It’s finally happened ninja has been nerfed Im so happy

2 Likes