Kaitttt's Staff Application- Spring 2021

Prerequisite checklist:

:purple_heart: Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I joined Munchy on April 18, 2020 and have been active since!

:purple_heart: - Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use OBS frequently to record videos of hackers or bugs and report them to staff members.

:purple_heart: - Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I use the Munchy Teamspeak and Discord daily to communicate with fellow Munchy players :slight_smile:

Application

IGN: kaitttt (MunchyMC - Profile: kaitttt)

Timezone: EST (UTC/GMT -05:00)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:

Yes! I have a working microphone and use it daily to communicate with others on Teamspeak.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

I am interested in the JMod position!

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

Survival :))

:sunflower: How active can you be per week?
I am currently taking a break from University, but will be starting classes again this coming Summer. My current active times are as follows:

Monday-Friday: 1pm-12am

Saturday: 12pm-1am

Sunday: 3pm-12am

:sunflower: Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Almost all of the punishments I have are joke mutes/kicks, and I have 3 console mutes. 2 of the console mutes were from me jokingly spamming the same thing 3 times in Survival’s party chat, and 1 console mute was for saying someone’s name 3 times in a row in main chat. Other than the console mutes, I have no real punishments on Munchy.

:sunflower: Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I applied for this position in Winter of 2020. I have been focusing on building a good, dependable reputation throughout the Survival community and showing that I can handle situations well as they arise on the server. I feel as though I am a lot more prepared this season and I have learned so much since applying last season! Since my last application, I have now joined the Bug and Idea team, and being on this team has definitely helped me collaborate with others and help come up with new ideas to better Survival as a whole!

:sunflower: What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I have worked very hard this past season to create a more welcoming, approachable reputation and I feel as though I have become a pretty well-known player in the Survival community. I have helped many newcomers to Survival and have hosted events for players such as Flint and Steel Wars. Every once in a while when there’s an occasional argument in chat and I don’t see any staff on, I will help remind players to stay positive in chat and that /ignore is always available. Munchy Survival is such a positive community that in general, I spend most of my time talking with people and helping others out when needed throughout the server.

:sunflower: Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

When I first started playing Munchy, I immediately fell in love with how warm and welcoming the community is. The sense of family that Munchy creates is so unique compared to other servers, and I would love to be able to be a part of the staff team and really help emphasize just how amazing this community is. With the help of many friends motivating me to apply, I decided to give it a go again this season! The staff team is super dedicated and I’m lucky to be able to say I’m close with a lot of staff members throughout Munchy. This sense of community is definitely my biggest drive to apply for staff, as I love being able to help others throughout the community who are just starting out or have questions regarding Survival.

:sunflower: Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would give myself a solid 8.5, there’s definitely always new things I can learn to better myself in the community, but being close to many staff members has really helped me grasp the qualities of a moderator, and I feel as though I have a pretty good understanding with moderating throughout Survival. I love working in a team to collaborate with other staff members and help to keep Survival a welcoming, wholesome community! As stated before, being on the Bug and Idea team has also helped me progress a lot with my skills as well. :slight_smile:

:sunflower: Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would probably rate my knowledge of hacks and cheats at around an 8. Although I don’t specifically have experience with AntiCheats, I am learning more every day about different types of cheats used throughout the server. The most common cheat on Survival is definitely Xray, which can be hard to detect if done right, but is generally pretty noticeable. Here is a list of general hacks that are used periodically throughout Munchy’s Survival and my knowledge of each of them.

X-ray: X-ray is used by players in Survival mostly to find gold easier, since gold is the currency on MunchyMC. Players use a texture pack or mods to see through all blocks except ores, which makes it easy to find gold. This is usually noticeable when a player is either mining straight to a chunk of gold through a wall, or when a player is constantly running into or getting trapped by gravel, since X-rayers can’t tell the difference between gravel and stone and tend to accidentally fall from gravel frequently.

Fly: Fly is definitely the easiest hack to detect in Survival. Kit is a little bit different because some kits allow players to fly on the server. On survival, players with Double Plus can fly in the main world and underworld, and every other reset week in the extra worlds. I have only seen a couple of players on survival using fly hacks as non-ranked members, and they have been immediately recorded and reported to staff members.

MobAura: Mobaura(MA) is a hack that players use to kill surrounding mobs. If a mob comes within a certain block distance of a player, it is repeatedly attacked by whatever the player is holding. This is very similar to Killaura, but works with mobs instead of players, since PVP is turned off in Survival.

Other basic hacks include:

Speed: Allows a player to run faster than regular speeds or extra speed potions that would normally be used in different kits.

Bhop: Allows a player to jump further than normal, and is easily detected since it tends to be noticeable compared to regular jumping.

Jesus: Allows a player to run on water without frost walker boots.

Scaffold: Allows a player to automatically place blocks beneath their feet

Glide: Removes a player’s ability to take fall damage, as they slowly glide down to the surface.

AntiFire: Removes a player’s ability to catch on fire

Automine: Grants a player the ability to automatically mine blocks while holding a pickaxe.

MobESP: Creates a box around mobs so players can see mobs through walls/blocks.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Thank you for taking the time to review my application, and I hope to see you all throughout the Munchy community! :purple_heart:

EDIT: fixed spelling error :)

29 Likes

+1 Kait is kind, reliable and always tries to help. She is well known within the community and is dedicated to the survival community. Although not having much experience with moderation she seems to be a fast learner and eager to learn. When helping out other players she is respectful and understands how to deal with tough situations. She would be an amazing addition to the team :heart::heart:

1 Like

thank you avaaaa ily :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

I dont know you to well (although I would like to get to know you better) but from what I have seen you are very active, kind, and would be a great fit for jmod +1

1 Like

thank you zach!! we should definitely talk more :))

purple would look cool but red would look better! +1

1 Like

+1

WOOO LETS GO KAIT! gl :D

1 Like

@conkxz @Local THANK YOU GUYS :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

+1 good luck kait

1 Like

has cute pfp +1

1 Like

MASSIVE +1!!!

In my opinion, Kait is one of the best applicants this season, and definitely deserves a spot on the staff team! She is kind, mature, reliable, well known within the community, and would be an amazing fit for JMod. Good luck Kait, I hope to see you with a purple name <3

1 Like

@itslemonnn @skepiwi @kyannny ty all!!! :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@skepiwi my pfp was made by the wonderful ibby :))

don’t have much to say but, +5, perfect fit for this, SHE STAYS ON FOR DAYS… that means she’s the perfect fit for this. :)

1 Like

LOL ty altyyyy!! :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

I always knew since I joined that you had to get Jmod at some point :) It would suits you so well.
Really nice and cute, so kind and have such an influence to the survival community :yellow_heart:

+1 Good luck :sparkles: I love you

2 Likes

+1! As everyone has said, Kait is mature, friendly, active, and a great part of the Survival community! Would love to have you as part of the staff team :))

1 Like

thank you candle and kami!!! i love you both :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

+1, very mature, also extremely active even though you’re in college and have the worst sleep schedule I’ve seen in my life, you continue to come on the server interact with the community and youre very dedicated to the server. I wish you the best of luck, Kayt. :heart:

3 Likes

LOL shhh we dont talk ab the sleep schedule, ilyy jakieeee :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like