JamieDactyl's Staff Application, May 2021

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

I have been an active player since July 9th, 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I can record any resolution from 1080p up to 2560x1440 (3K) resolution if required.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I own both of these! I am more than competent with Discord and know the essentials of Teamspeak.

Application

IGN: JamieDactyl

Timezone: BST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes, I can.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): JMod.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): Woolwars.

How active can you be per week?

Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 16:00-21:00

Wednesdays and Fridays: 15:20-21:00

Weekends: 11:00-21:00 (With breaks, of course.)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

I have never had any major punishments on Munchy, and no punishments at all for at least 6 months now.

I have had two 5 minute mutes, one for spamming someone’s name in chat when I first joined the server and one because a friend tricked me into saying something 5 times in chat.

I take full responsibility for both of these incidents, and can assure you that they will never happen again.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

I applied for this role 2 seasons (around 6 months) ago. My application was denied for maturity reasons as I had a pointless argument with a player on purgatory and acted very immaturely.

Since then, I have been working to correct my mistake and becoming as mature and sensible as possible in these situations. I feel very happy with how far I have come, and have managed to avoid all conflict since that incident.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I would say I have a very good reputation within the community. I am well known on the server and have made many good friends in my time playing. I strive to be helpful and kind at every opportunity. I truly enjoy helping people in need, no matter how much of my time it may take up.

I was even nominated for Munchy of the Year 2020 because of these qualities!

I am extremely active on the forums, with over 5d read time and 280 days visited. I’d say I have built up quite a reputation there, and I get recognised by many players I have never seen ingame because of that!

I am also a member of the bug and idea team! I would say I’m a very active member and I love to give quality of life suggestions and share my opinions on other people’s ideas!

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I have been playing Munchy for 9 months now, and just love the server and its community.

I hate seeing toxicity and sadness on the server, and want to help with this as much as I possibly can. Becoming a staff member would allow people to know that if they ever need any help or support with anything, I’m the guy to come to.

I have a goal on the server of making it as enjoyable and friendly as possible for every single player. Being staff would just give me so many more opportunities to do so.

I have also been told by many different players that I would make a good staff member, and have been motivated to apply this season by them! I truly think I’d be a good candidate, and believe that I am ready to take the next step on Munchy!

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would give myself an 8/10. I have quite a good understanding of what moderating is like! I am aware that it is more than just handing out mutes and bans, and feel very prepared for the challenges it may bring!

While I have never had any experience moderating a Minecraft server, I was once staff in a Hypixel guild called ‘Mystic Fyre’. I was the second highest role on the server called the ‘Mystic Council’. This does not sound impressive at all, but at the time it was the 76th biggest guild on the server, and the owner took it all very seriously, and would never have given me staff if he hadn’t known that I am responsible and mature. I think there were 120 guild members at the time.

The Mystic Council had to deal with a lot of aggression and toxicity within the clan, and I feel that I dealt with it all very well. I broke up quite a few major conflicts without really getting involved and was very fair with the punishments which I handed out. I also had to monitor each and every player in the guild to see how much guild exp they were earning each week and decide whether to kick them or not. It required quite a bit of time and effort!

I ended up being kicked for inactivity after I found Munchy, as I ended up spending all of my time on this server, which is another reason I love the community here so much.

Joining Munchy was like a breath of fresh air, and I went from the toxic environment of my former guild to the amazing community which Munchy has.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would give myself an 8/10 in this area. I am very knowledgeable about all of the most common PvP hacks, and fairly knowledgeable about some of the rest. Here is a list of the most basic ones off the top of my head:

Killaura: Allows hacker to automatically target nearby enemies. This can be detected via jerky or sudden head movements.

Fly: Allows hacker to fly around the map. Very easy to detect as you just watch out for someone flying.

Anti Knockback: Allows hacker to take no knockback when hit. This can easily be confused with lag.

Reach: Increases PvP reach of hacker, allowing them to hit players from many blocks away. Hard to detect, but anticheat normally picks it up unless settings are low.

Bunnyhop: Allows hacker to jump around victim at high speeds. Normally combined with anti knockback to make the hacker nearly impossible to hit. Easy to detect.

Autoclicker: Allows hacker to click very quickly during PvP, giving them a huge advantage.

Speed: Allows hacker to walk or move very quickly. Easy to detect.

ChestESP: Makes boxes around chests so you can see them very easily.

PlayerESP: Does the same but with players.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
My reports folder

Good luck to all the other applicants! I’m really looking forward to reading and reviewing everyone else’s applications!

Edit 1: Edited to say BST rather than GMT.
Edit 2: Fixed minor typo (‘un’ to ‘on’.)

30 Likes

Jamie is a great person with a nice heart. Along with that he is a big problem solver. I think one of the challenges he’ll face is avoiding arguments, as sometimes he can get a bit worked up, but I’m confident in his ability to improve himself and act as a mature JuniorMod.
+1 and good luck!

1 Like

You have a well-written application and your reputation proceeds you.
+1

1 Like

-1 targets me in woolwars or something

Summary

+3 JAMIE IS SUPER COOL!! Believe me, he’s VERY mature… not even for just a 13 yr old but as a person generally. He’s very kind, helpful, and really deserves the position!!

Goodluck Jamie :dragon:
(3 dragons on the staff team?!)

4 Likes

+1
yeah

1 Like

+1

Jamie is a nice and helpful person that likes to try out new things and help people out.
He absolutely deserves staff position :D

1 Like

+1 friendly, funny

1 Like

+1, Jamie has a very good reputation within the community as a sensible and mature person, who always tries to avoid conflict with other players. I believe he is more than capable of this staff position; gl James :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1
Friendly, mature, active. Deserves to be a staff! Good luck Jamie

1 Like

Jamie is very nice person and a very active member in the community also there is good amount of details in the application

+1 from me GL Jamie (Toothless) <3

1 Like

this is just one of many proofs that Jamie is a very nice person who is very supportive friendly and kind +1

Edit: Turning it to a +0 because of this:

10 Likes

big +1, jamie is super mature and helpful! good luck jamie :D

2 Likes

You can’t get a better applicant than James.

Hardworking, friendly, empathetic, professional, mature, can read a room, funny and most of all very cute, James is the most dedicated and passionate Woolwars player I know.

He has wanted a staff position for a while and I’m extremely proud of how far he’s come.

Huge +1. Easily one of the best applicants this season.

4 Likes

Mr JamieDactyl…
A nice lovely Scottish kid! He’s always helpful and active. He’s always there with solutions!
+1

3 Likes

@ZombieBot1 @Klewts @HELIXED @KIPUKA @MyBee @Bearaddo @iOzz @JUST511 @Mddey @McDonalds (McDaddy ;)) @EvillRat @SixKiwis @joekoe
AAAAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! Read all of this will a huge smile on my face.

11 Likes

+1, friendly, passionate, cool. Would be great on the staff team.

2 Likes

gamiebactil

3 Likes

Jamie is really kind and friendly :) would make a great staff member!

2 Likes

Extremely helpful and kind. Has been working for this for a long time and would be a great staff member!
+1

2 Likes

+5, super nice, generous, and amazing <3

2 Likes