Itslemonnn's Staff Application (January 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I have been a part of the MunchyMC community for a year and a half. I did take a 3 month break over the summer, however I have been back to full daily activity for well over a month now.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use OBS & Nvidia ShadowPlay to record in-game.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: Yes

Application

IGN: itslemonnn

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): JMod

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): Woolwars

How active can you be per week?

I can be consistently active 3-5 hours a day, mainly in the late afternoon & evenings. My activity during the day may vary due to school, work & other irl commitments.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes, I was console muted once for spam while messing around on Survival Games. This was a long time ago, and I have not had any punishments since (other than joke punishments from staff members).

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I have applied for this role twice before, both in 2020. I was given helper shortly after my first application, but later resigned as I would not be consistently active over the summer of 2021. Since my return to Munchy, I have worked to maintain a good reputation within the community by keeping a positive, non-toxic attitude at all times, as well as answering any questions players may ask in chat. I have also made an effort to get to know the WoolWars community a little better as of recently, both through in-game chat & through the community Discord.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

It is my belief that I have a good reputation on MunchyMC. I am fairly well known within the WW & SG communities. I am very active, joining the server every day for several hours. I try to be a friendly face, being kind and welcoming to others as well as answering questions when I can.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

My interest in this role is mainly fueled by my love for Munchy. I’ve made lots of memories and friends through this server, and I’d love to have the opportunity to give back. I’ve always felt so welcome and accepted here and I want to help others feel the same. I dislike seeing toxic players or cheaters disrupt the server, and often as a community member I feel like I can’t do much about them other than reporting. With a position on the staff team, I could help limit the amount of cheaters and rule breakers on the server myself, without the need to wait for a staff member to handle it.

I’ve been back to consistent daily activity on Munchy for several months now (I had a short break over the summer) and I feel that this application season is a great time for me to possibly return to the staff team. Some of my friends have encouraged me to apply so I decided to give it a go :)

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would rate myself an 8 out of 10. During my time as a helper, I would help moderate chat & answer questions when necessary. I also had the opportunity to observe more experienced staff members and learn how to handle tricky situations. While most of my moderation experience comes from my time as a Helper, I also help manage a Discord server with approximately 800 members. Both of these opportunities have exposed me to different challenges, and have helped me gain confidence in my moderating abilities.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

Overall, I think I would rate myself a 6 out of 10. I can identify more blatant and well-known hacks pretty easily. I am also confident in my ability to differentiate between WoolWars kits and cheats, as I am quite knowledgeable with the kits available on the server. However, when it comes to more obscure hacks, I have a bit more trouble spotting them. I have a basic knowledge and understanding of these hacks, however I can’t always see them, especially if the cheater is using low settings. I still have lots to learn about hacks on Minecraft, but I am eager to learn and feel that I could vastly expand my knowledge and skills with moderating experience.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

The playlist linked below has a few videos of hackers I’ve recorded & reported on Munchy. As of recently, I have been mainly utilizing the /report command in-game or directly contacting a Munchy staff member to make reports.

Playlist : Munchy Hackers - YouTube

I appreciate the opportunity to apply for staff and want to wish all other applicants good luck! <3

Edit: Tweaked & reworded a few things

30 Likes

+ y e s

5 Likes

HUGE +1
There really is no explanation needed here.
Lemon has previous experience, she is super sweet, kind, respectful and very mature.
She is by far one of the best candidates for this role!

Best of luck Lemon!

3 Likes

omg lemon :heart:

I could list all the reasons why she’s a great candidate, but let’s be real here. You already know :)

4 Likes

+10000

Orange is a close friend of mine and an AMAZING candidate. Not only has she already proved herself as a helper but she is extremely knowledgeable and mature. If anyone deserves staff, it’s her.

2 Likes

Huge +1

Such a sweet, kind and caring person to be around. Extremely active and helpful to all and such an awesome person overall. I wish you the best lemon! :lemon:

2 Likes

Thank you all for the support! It means a lot <3

4 Likes

I happen to know lemon since 2020 and I must say, she’s NEVER been toxic (except about certain things). I’ve seen lemon be staff already, sadly can’t judge since I didn’t actually see them that much. But I noticed that lots of people appreciated her work.

So based on Personal Experience,

• She’s super active
  • She’s very helpful
  • REALLY mature
  • and always listens to you if you need to get
    anything off ur heart!

Overall I really like your Application, it has lots of detail and also all necessary requirements!

Rating: +1

I wish you the best of Luck Lemon! Ily

Henroii :heart:

2 Likes

Do I even need to post my rating here?
Lemon is one of the kindest people on munchy, and a genuinely amazing person. Involved in the community, very well known, previous staff member, how do you not +1 this application?
gl lemon you absolute qt

2 Likes

+1

Very active, experienced and mature.
And a lemon :lemon:

2 Likes

HUGE +1

I remember how helpful and professional u were as a woolwars helper
You even helped me around a lot in my 1st few months of being helper
Lemon you are very nice, mature, and very helpful member of the community and I would love to see u back to the staff team!

I am sure u can be a great woolwars jmod!
Best of luck :lemon: :heart:

4 Likes

+1

• Very kind
  • Mature
  • Good application

Good luck! :D

3 Likes

Huge +1

• Lemon is really active and known woolwars player

• Has previous staffing experience from being a Helper

• Mature