Idea for a survival "Munched" rank

Why? The OP level I and possibly others are referring to are the PvE aspect. Hunger and eating are a very base part of Survival and Minecraft as a whole and removing it removes a core part of simple day-to-day playing. I understand its not the most exciting aspect but it keeps it ‘Minecraft’ in a way. The kind of gamemode I tthink these perks would suit would be an OP factions gamemode (which can be quite similar to Survival at times!)

I concur that no hunger isn’t OP in pvp! But it is too metagamey for the PvE area, I think.

Why do you play survival? Hunger and management of the self and your resources is a huge part of what makes it unique, from food stores to choosing what kind of food you want to mass produce (I’m a pumpkin pie fellow, what about you?)

No drowning dmg isnt especially powerful, true, but its nowhere near exciting enough for a rank and maybe slightly too powerfuk to add to + or ++ (though I wouldnt be completely against it)

hell yea :muscle::muscle::muscle: hircine is trash tho I always go w my werewolf friend

The issue isn’t that the name is too metagamey, more that the abilities are. Fly and other perks are extremely convenient and not super immersive, true, but at this point they’re a core part of the game and ripping them away would be fatal to the game. You can’t bring Survival backwards towards immersion but you can certainly stop pushing it.

No hunger is fine as a temporary perk. Like a day from Dilbert or as a quest reward. It doesn’t work for a rank, and certainly not the key perk of a rank. Regen 1 and drowning dmg are similarly lackluster.

I love Survival, and I do play it more than I play most other games I own, but I don’t play it for hours a day. I hand you and the other discussers that grievance. But as a casual player I can make a fair assessment of what I’d like to see in the game and what I think management and the BIT (the latter of which have discussed this idea) would and will think of this idea.

tl;dr i appreciate the thought, but in a gamemode full of ranks (3 separate categories!) adding a whole new shop category just for these simple perks isn’t worth it.

6 Likes