Goodbye Munchy!

Greetings!

Today I’ve finally desided to resign from my builder position and leave this wonderful community behind.

- Why? -

As many of you know I’ve been creating maps for the server long before becoming a builder on the team. Sadly my experience hasn’t been that great and caused me to lose interest with minecraft all togheter.

The main reason for losing interest is that I feel my work goes unappreciated on this server.

I’ll elaborate a bit:

Woolwars Map Submissions, for a long time I thought that it just wasn’t ever gonna happen. I’ve asked countless times to different people, when are the mapsubmissions getting reviewed? Unfortunately I never got a straight awnser from anyone. Now recently maps are starting to get reviewed but only for denied ones. I asked if this meant new maps are getting added and get ghosted by staff. It’s just not going anywhere.

Event Maps, I’ve made four event maps over the course of building on the munchy build server. One of them if not the best was my trial build, an oitc map. Naturally I was happy seeing that older and newer maps where getting added from the catalog. So I set out to get my maps added only for the same thing to happen as with the woolwars maps. What really did it for me on this one was seeing @TheBlueComet maps getting added instantly to the cycle and my own maps again going unnoticed. Now it seems they have stopped adding map and this was the last drop.

Some other minor things also contributed mainly to be put under the category Mikeal and commication but I can let that one slide since he is a busy man.

- Thanks! - 

I’m not gonna make a list of everyone but there are some people that have really made my time amazing on here.

@Mikeal I really did like our conversations during my trial period, you seemed more in touch and I had a great time goofing about with you.

@noriskss Someone whos also gone underappreciated by staff is Henry. This dude is amazing. I’ve never met someone more enthusiastic and fun. You can get serious with him aswell and honestly puts in more time then most current staff members. He’s got munchys best interest at heart and one must be a moron to see this mans application and deny it twice over. Ill remember you buddy!

@zicraftian @MegaCuby they taught me what kitpvp is truely about, running around like a chicken without a head and just having a wonderful time. I have some great memories of you two and am grateful to have them.

- Unseen builds -
Trial build - Oitc

KitPvP map - Fantasy

KitPvP map - Oriental

Event map - Parkour Oriental

Event map - Parkour Medieval

- Goodbye! -

Despite my reasons to resign I still had alot of fun on this server and am glad I took this chance to become part of this community. I wish the best for every single one of you in the future!

So long

– TheDutchKnot

37 Likes

I hope you’d come back and say hi sometimes! Thank you for all your awesome contributions through the server as a builder, you will be missed :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Aw I’ll miss you Knot! Sad to see you go. I wish you the best with your future <3

2 Likes

Really is a shame, but regardless I did enjoy our time on the server together, as well as building the santa’s solitude map :pleading_face:

2 Likes

ill miss you, i loved your builds and you helped me learn about building with gobrush which i mostly use when im build some random stuff in another server :heart:

2 Likes

Upsetting to see you go, thank you for all your contributions. Best of luck with your future endeavors knot, you’ll be missed :( :heart:

5 Likes

It’s really sad to see someone like you leaving.
I’ll really miss you knot I hope I see you soon <3

2 Likes

Dutchknot :( I’ll miss u so much, thanks for all your contributions
Good luck with everything :heart:

2 Likes

Sad to hear!
Good luck with everything!

2 Likes

I have heard many stories of staff bias on this server, and this seems like one of them. This server, specifically kit, could use a staff overhaul in this regard. But on the other hand, mikeal doesn’t seem like the type to be biased.

3 Likes

Good luck Dutch man.

I wish you the best
:turtle:

3 Likes

pop goes the weasel

3 Likes

Really sad to see you go, Knot :( I’ve always loved your builds and thank you for all your contributions.
Wish you the best of luck with everything, I’ll miss you :purple_heart:

4 Likes

A truly sad read, I hope you find something in life that you enjoy more! Goodbye knot <3

3 Likes

This is probably the worst message I’ve gotten in 2022 so far. (ofc after getting denied for the 3rd time).

knot,

I really have no Idea how to answer currently. I feel sad, honoured but I also feel like I can not accept your decision. (personally)

Overall I will say, I’ve watched you become a builder and I can’t actually remember you being any other rank! I’ve went through the KitPvP map you made and I can assure you, that if they wont add it in Season 6, I will seriously consider thinking about what gamemode and what kind of Server I’m playing!

Just me saying “goodbye” or “may life treat you well” ain’t enough for me!

Lets just get straight to the point! I would LOVE to talk to you at some point and I want to keep up the contact with you… Discord or whatever (I might even consider Skype if u wanna go oldschool XD)

Whatever hard time comes in life, I will always be here to recieve a message from you! If I were to actually try, I could actually start being a builder just like you, but I’ve always looked up to you and saw you as an INSANE builder, everytime you sent a picture of your builds and we discussed what to add and whatnot, I felt jealous and also kind of left behind…

I used to be a Survival main back on my XBOX 360 and I had LOTS of fun building things like houses or stuff. (But since we didn’t have any Internet I was stuck with I think 1,4 or 1,5 version of Minecraft (which is OLD) so I had rather no Items to build with…

But this isn’t about me, It’s about you!
My beloved thedutchknot! I’d like to say Husband instead of “thedutchknot” or “knot”…
The time u invited me to join your Kit map, and you actually “married” me LOL I loved it cause it was SUCH a fun time… since you got builder our contact got less sadly, but since I know u were there I didn’t mind it at all.

As of this point, I can feel the lonelyness and also a part missing in my heart. All the time I felt down, you cheered me up, all the time I was mad cause of something, you understood and helped me…

But most important! It’s the friendship we had. The absoulute MASTER of Building, or the MASTER of rodding people and being permed on Kit XD

People always attacked you and u asked for some help and we mostly got them to log off :joy: It was lots of fun!

Either way dutch, I want to say:

YOU BETTER MESSAGE ME

I would also like to add that I really, REALLY love you! I’ve never met such a kind hearted person on Munchy, noone who would consider me, to talk to someone from Munchy (for the first time even)

Knot!

I love you :heart:

I truly hope this text means something to you, because it means A SHIT TON to me!

I hope everything will be alright from now on! And may you also find better friends than me :heart: (even tho I’m personally not the best)

I wish you THE BEST in life babe

Kind regards,

Henry :heart:

8 Likes

To clarify a couple things, your OITC map is the next one that’s supposed to be released but the one who configures the maps to be put on Kit has been too busy for the past few weeks. We have also tried to release one (or both) of your parkour maps but for whatever reason couldn’t get it working yet. The order in which the maps are released depends on how many of each we have on Kit, the availability of new maps, and when I find out about them.
As for your WoolWars maps, if someone forgets to reply you can just bump the message, or they just aren’t supposed to reveal any information about the subject at the moment. If we didn’t value your building skills you wouldn’t have been accepted as builder in the first place, we’d never let your talent go to waste and these misunderstandings could’ve been avoided if you tried a bit harder to communicate and voiced your concerns beforehand.

But alas, if you want to leave that’s up to you and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors

12 Likes

NOOOOOOO :(
(Body unclear)

2 Likes

Farewell good garlic knot, you seemed to always be chill and certainly have amazing building skills. Face whatever the future holds for you with the same amazing person you are. Best of wishes :yellow_heart: -Serene

2 Likes

@thedutchknot and @CatTech
I don’t mean this with malicious intent, but don’t you think that you’re feeling sorry for yourselves a little too much? I realize that putting in work only for it to be of no use is demotivating, but don’t you think seeking appreciation is a bit of your own fault? If you do something solely because you want attention, then you’re doing it wrong. You should do something because it either makes you happy or you believe it’s the right thing to do, and no other reason. Nonetheless I wish you farewell.

5 Likes

Some of this i agree with, like doing things because you enjoy them. However, getting your work noticed is like, the entire point of being a builder. In terms of a staff position i can see where you are coming from, not from a building perspective

2 Likes