Goodbye Munchy!

Hey fellow Builder, I’m sorry to see you leaving! I hope, after you get some good rest with Minecraft, you can find new joy in playing again :)

To get back to some of your points:

While I do indeed think that communication and organization of the build team has some issues, I also think that the server is doing a good job in appreciating your work.
I have seen servers that don’t even credit the builders. The Munchy Team encourages you to showcase your build in the Munchy Team Discord once the build is finished (sure, you will need to msg Mike, Alex or maybe an S. Builder for that) and they always makes sure to give builders full credits.

Yes, it can take long for your work to go online (it took my trial map 9 Months to get online!), so you definitely need to be patient or lucky enough to get a project that is really urgent.
The Devs (or who ever configures the maps) need time to get the maps working and they also have to fix other things on the server at the same time that might be more important. It sometimes is annoying to wait that long, but in the end it’s even greater when you see your map finally online :)

For communications, I do think there is a lot that could be improved, but I also think that every single builder in the team has the chance to try to be an active part of the team and improve things, which is just not happening. Communication with admins, managers and co. is important, but if every builder would try to give a bit more input into the builder community on Munchy, things could change really quickly for the better.

Anyways, best wishes to you in the future~

9 Likes

I’m sad now :(

2 Likes

Sorry to see you go dutchknot. :frowning:

Your builds were incredible, and I’m sorry to hear about your experience as a builder on the server. Best wishes in your future, and thank you for all of your amazing contributions to Munchy. <3

4 Likes

Sad to see you go, I think you’re a really awesome builder. Farewell ):

2 Likes

Sad to see you go thedutchknot! The people who are deciding which map gets accepted are extremely biased. They only accept builds from people that they like. You are a good builder and we will never forget you and what you have done. Anyway, good luck In life and the future thedutchknot! We’ll miss you.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work DutchKnot. You are a fantastic builder and have been a great asset to the team and will surely be missed. You know my thoughts, but ultimately I respect your decision and reasoning. Good luck with your future endeavours and I wish you all the best!

15 Likes