Floren's staff application - May 2021

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?::**
Yes.

Application

IGN:
Floren

Timezone:
UTC+3

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:**

Yes I can, however I would not preferably use it due to my strong accent. And as far as I know there is no interview needed for helper role.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

I am interested in Helper. At the moment I do not believe I would be ready to fulfill the demands that Jmod position entails.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

Kitpvp

How active can you be per week?

Monday: >4 Hours
Tuesday: >3 Hours
Wednesday: >5 Hours
Thursday: >3 Hours
Friday: >4 Hours
Saturday: >5 Hours
Sunday: >5 Hours

note: These times are just rough estimates and may vary due to personal reasons. I usually have my minecraft chat on my second monitor whilst doing something else. The times I have listed above are describing only times when I am actually playing the game. I am usually able to read the chat more than 6 hours daily.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Unfortunately, I possess a history of being punished. I have been banned multiple times, two of them being for a genuine reason. But time has passed and I have matured a lot since then, and I totally regret my actions. I see this as an opportunity to compensate all the damage I have made to this community in my past. Rest of the punishments have been jokes by staff and my mute record is spotless. Yet again I am aware that I’ve performed some extremely immature actions however, I have learnt my lesson and I take full responsibility for my actions.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

This is the first season we are able to apply for a Helper, therefore this is my first time applying for this position. However I have applied for Jmod and event before, both of them unsuccessfully. My staff application in mid 2019 got denied due to the fact that I took a part in banwave #3 simultaneously whilst applying for staff, which is something I’m ashamed of. My event application on the other hand got denied because of my inactivity. I feel like I have done good job being active thus far. I am definitely more active than last time applying.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I like to believe that I have fairly excellent reputation amongst the MunchyMC community. I am always treating others with respectful manner and I trust that people know me as a friendly and non-belligerent person, since I always try to be as kind and polite as possible under any circumstances. I like to joke around but I certainly am not toxic, being toxic is something I am trying to avoid as much as possible. I try my best not to promote toxicity and other immature behavior. I know that some people would call me immature or childish in certain scenarios, but I see it more of a personality trait. Of course I am always willing to work on my overall character to be a generally better person.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

Being staff is about trust and caring, and those are exactly the kind of values I stand up for. I honestly believe I have all the qualities to become staff member, so I thought why not to apply and give something back to this community. I often see inappropriate messages / spam in the chat and attempt to stop them, nevertheless most of the times they do not listen. In those kind of situations it would be more than amazing to have power to do something about it. Overall I think that my presence in the staff team would be highly beneficial to the kitpvp community.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would give myself a 9 out of 10. I have fair amount of experience in moderating communities. I have been in a staff position in numerous discord servers, largest one having around 1500 online members in the peak hours. I have also been owner of a discord server with more than 500 members, where I was responsible for managing the staff in its entirety and improving the servers overall appearance. I gave the server away, because I didn’t have enough time to moderate the server due to irl stuff. I have had to deal with doxxing and excessive toxicity on my time on those servers almost daily. Other than that I have been a trial moderator on a Finnish csgo server. I also have little experience of moderating in Minecraft; I have had many server projects with my friends, where I have learnt about anti-cheat plugins and other essentials of Minecraft server hosting and moderating. I have been helper on one small Minecraft server as well, but I didn’t learn much from it, since it did not last long and the staff team was very unprofessional.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would give myself a 9 out of 10. I have gained an extensive knowledge of hacks in my 6+ years in Minecraft. I have been in touch with many hacked clients, from ghost clients to blatant ones like Wurst. I am very familiar with dozens of different cheats, and unlike many other applicant I am not going to make a list of cheats used in Minecraft. In my opinion, it doesn’t prove anything about your knowledge of hacks, you could search all of the cheats up without any upfront information.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Unfortunately I currently possess no reports I would be able to link here.

I would like to thank everyone for reading my application. Any kind of feedback would be appreciated! :purple_heart:

14 Likes

Excellent! I think this is a good demonstration on how someone should make a staff application! I skimmed through the application, but here are some standout points.

A good decision on your behalf, however it may not be best in the long run when people will critize the post, but it makes the app more straight to the point, and I like it.

Never seen you on, but I don’t main kit.

Perfectly fine.

Depending on who you ask, this may or may not be a bad thing.

I do this too, but if you are planning in the long run, you may not want to joke around about that type of stuff too much!

Perfectly fine! You can apply at your own rate and you don’t have to rush it!

Edit 1

This may or may not be good depending on who you ask, but some people discredit apps because of this minor detail.

Edit 2 (not 3 lol)

I don’t think this may be a issue however stated prior,

makes this a contradiction proves that statement incorrect.

Edit 3, cleaning up wording!

Edit 4, A little bit of wording in my life!

Experience with doxxing, and excessive toxicity— good for a community like Kit!

I see this as a perfectly filled out app that is full of tons of detail and goes in depth.

+1

:heart:

2 Likes

+1

You have a well written application and your reputation proceeds you. You have some good knowledge with moderating a community and a good knowledge of detecting hacks.

EDIT: You are semi-active on the server. We are from the same timezone and I think you can work on your activity.

1 Like

+1 Over the past few months i have noticed that Floren has become more involved within the community. He is super nice and always tries to help out with whatever he can. Due to his punishment past i do see that he has grown from his past mistakes and understands now what he did in the past was wrong. Floren would be an excellent Helper, Good Luck :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @Ayella, @Jqeus and @Beelzebeel! I appreciate the support. :purple_heart:

1 Like

+1

Active kind and mature!

FWOWEN +1 from conk!!

Thanks a lot @Storzzz and @conkxz!

+0.75 I think your a good fit and I have noitced over a couple of weeks you improving your activity. I have also seen you engaging with others in Forums and spotting out some possible plagarization. Best of luck!

+1, looks kind & mature from what I’ve seen, spotted some plagiarism in another post, good luck Floren!

Thank you @Bearaddo and @EvillRat! :purple_heart:

1 Like

+885093.
Floren NEEDS to become helper >:(

1 Like

+1

Detailed application, nice, mature, and helpful in game. Also decently active. I agree with Floren that they are not yet ready for JMod, but I believe they are suited for the Helper role. The time will come though, to were they will be experienced enough for JMod. Good luck.

1 Like

+1 cute

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the support. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

+1

Lately, I have noticed Floren becoming more active and involved within the community. If I ever need any support, Floren is always there to help! Extremely kind and a great friend.

Good Luck Floren!

1 Like

+0.75

Seen this man online before and he seems chill. You appear to be chilled out and a nice guy. I think you’d be a good fit for the helper role.

Good Luck! :heart:

Thank you @Sript and @lmDark! :purple_heart:

1 Like

+1

Thank you Kiwi! :purple_heart:

1 Like