Fishers revolt! make fishing great again

The nerf is such backwards thinking. Players are effectively punished for finding a way to play the game they enjoy and that works for them, versus the game balancing by incentivizing other money making methods through improvement. Even if it is unbalanced and the work to improve other methods is “too much” or whatever, then leave it be. The players found what interests them and are being punished for it.

2 things
5 of the people on that list actively fish or are not remotely randoms

and have you even tried the rod after the nerf?

Yes I have tried it, it’s pretty bad but the new mermaid hair SEMI makes up for it

the hair is like 5% more xp what are you talking about

I wouldnt trade in half my fishing loot for 5% more xp any day of the week

Lure 5 ud rod, and new meek hair would be fine

the rod was lure 5, thats what we’re asking to have back

I stfg it was lure 6

no lol it was 5 they changed it to 4

Majority of voters dont even have the rod, the nerf is fine just suck it up and play anyway. you’re all clowns

1 Like

For the sake of scientific integrity, this is not actually correct in this case. The poll is very clearly biased in several ways and thus not as accurate as you might think.

3 Likes

kinda what happens when you spam 10 times an hour everywhere to vote on the poll to fix fishing!

i made a counter argument with no bias, as like you said i rarely fish. I dont play anymore but I played enough and have played enough maps to know what i’m saying and to know what is going on… my unbiased argument was flawless, you guys kept backtracking, hypocrisy was fuelled in your guys arguments. all good though cba arguing with someone thats ignorant just bcs they’re mad their fishing rate was nerfed by 2x…

2 Likes

stop being corny and just quit the server already ur family misses you

1 Like

fisher lives matter

1 Like

fisher lives matter

I’ll share my thoughts here as I don’t feel super strongly either way
Before the nerf, the rod was EXTREMELY powerful, and much more effective than any other fishing item. This does not necessarily mean that it was overpowered however, as it basically made fishing a very valid, but still not that close to the best, moneymaking method. If it had made fishing better than other methods it would be entirely acceptable, but fishing was already not a very good way of making money.

2 Likes

Do you want to go looting with me JasonIsBoss7

UD Rod was nerfed, yes. Ariel Hair was added. I assume other Fishing ULs will be added too, making fishing better than it was before UD Rod nerf. Stop complaining about every single nerf to fishing. It’s getting old…

2 Likes

How is the idea that there are fishing ULs coming out a justification for nerfing one of the only two primary fishing rods by 2x? The Ariel Hair is actually quite sub par in terms of xp gain Compared to Mermaid Hair. Nerfing an item to the ground is not justified by the potential of items that will bring it back up to par coming in the future. I seriously doubt that at this rate loot gain will ever be back to where it was. Not to mention most of the mermaid set kind of sucked? the only good piece was hair, everything else was worthless.

If you want to nerf UD rod to the ground with the justification that items will bring it back up to par, release those items before you nerf it. That should be obvious.

Regardless of if the rod was nerfed now versus after the ULs were added, you still would’ve complained. I appreciate the love that fishing is getting this map and your passion for fishing, but it’s becoming irritating. To be honest, you probably would’ve complained more if it was nerfed after the ULs were added.

Additionally, the rod wasn’t nerfed by half. Is it slower? Of course. But just play the game and stop complaining about every single update that you don’t find up to your standard. As others have mentioned, fishing outclasses literally everything else right now, which is why everyone fishes. Making something that’s already top-tier even stronger is just absurd.