First 2023 post | Resolution!

First post of 2023!!! :raised_hands: At least for me because I live in the future…

What are you guy’s resolutions or wishes or whatever you want to call them… for this year. I aim to be a wiser person that doesn’t fail to please people and make them feel great. Also wish to be a survival Jmod but that’s just me. :)

13 Likes

Not even New Years yet where I am but- my resolution is to do nothing

3 Likes

Big goals ik

3 Likes

A wise little suggestion that my mom gave me a few days ago that I’ll pass on to you:
Don’t let your resolution be something very generic and difficult - for example, “This year I’d like to be a better student and get better grades”. You’re simply going to punish yourself and feel horrible whenever you fail at something that’s out of your control.

To elaborate, getting good grades is not entirely up to you. You can obviously study hard and come prepared for your exams, but there are other factors that have to be considered at the same time that someone completes an exam (how well they are prepared, motivation, exhaustion, exam anxiety, etc). Therefore, you can’t exactly know what you’re aiming for, and that’s too difficult of a new years resolution.

Instead, let your resolution be something rather small that you can live up to and that is in your control. For example, if you decide you want to try and get better grades, let your resolution be “For the next year, I’ll start every week by writing an appropriate timetable that allows me to study efficiently for the entire week”. That’s something you can manage, doesn’t take that much of your time, and would significantly improve your chances of reaching your end goal.

Knowing this, I decided I’d like to learn how to cook better. Therefore, my new years resolution is that every week, I’ll choose one day to make dinner for the entire family, and include at least one new recipe every time.

Good luck lads.

11 Likes

I agree with you Mc! Resolutions, although over a year… should still be reasonable within your boundaries.

I have a couple of goals and resolutions for this year. Main goals meaning getting better at astrophotography and photography in general, I want to start a big project and get something printed on the wall. Besides this, I would like to; learn different skills each month, could be cooking, could be drawing, could be whatever. Get a driving license (after years), or perhaps improve my well-being.

I think these are reasonable targets and I am looking forward to making progress this year.
Happy new year!

4 Likes

my resolution is to make sure mc donalds never ever does the

4 Likes

I’m aiming to be a better driver and get my license :sunglasses:
4rwhgakjqgq91

4 Likes

I will make sure not to give you advice then… OR if you really want advice I guess I could give you some so you don’t hit Violet with your car, need to teach you how to aim :D

4 Likes

My resolution is to get a job and stop being a BUM that spends all day on Minecraft forums! :wink:

But seriously, I just left the US Army last month, and since it’s not the future that I’ve envisioned for myself, now I have my ambitions set on being able to work a job doing something I actually enjoy. Getting a job on a Minecraft project has been a goal I’ve been working towards for the last several months. It’s just been…more difficult than I anticipated. I am still trying my best. So…that is my wish for this year. :slight_smile:

Other than that, I wish to continue being a leader in the Minecraft community and helping others with whatever it may be using my experience.

Is your "resolution" to become a moderator/staff member?

That is a completely reasonable thing to want to do! :slight_smile: But have you ever thought about what it really means to be a Moderator?

I would like you to read this guide on the topic of “what it takes to be a moderator”; it has some good, in-depths points about the qualities moderators should have (which most server guides cover), but also explains the underlying implications of holding a position of authority above others in the community. It also talks about the real-world parallels that being a Moderator could provide. I thought it was extremely insightful; it’s certainly the best guide I’ve seen on the subject and so I’d like to share this all with you in the hopes it will help you achieve your goal.

MCC Island - Guide: What it Takes to be a Moderator | MCC Island - Minecraft Server

Remember: being a moderator isn’t about banning cheaters and answering questions; it’s about being a leader for your community. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t got one and don’t think I’ll make one I’ll just do what I do.

4 Likes

graduate high school and go to college :D

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind answer, will make sure to have a deep read through it and good luck for your resolutions! :innocent: You sure will thrive in your future projects! @CatTech

And very good good luck for everyone! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Paper beats rock in rock, paper, scissors.

3 Likes

ill gladly take on lessons from the best driver in sweden

4 Likes