Extended Test Session Feedback

Please leave your feedback on today’s test session HERE.
Before leaving feedback or attending this test session, please read this post

Feedback should only be on the PvP. The bugs found are appreciated, but the session was to test 1.19 combat.

Any unconstructive feedback or unnecessary conversation will be deleted and punished accordingly.

5 Likes

I reallly like this for alot of reasons one main one is the knock back feels so much better and also an updated client means rlly cool new packs another thing is that if the server is all on one version would be rlly cool cant wait to see if this becomes perm :D tysm mods and people for doing this

4 Likes

Oooo early! I was in for like 2 mins but kb improved and then I realized 1.19 on an actual 1.19 server is better so I did that. Anyways Gj and here’s a dancing spider

2 Likes

Howdy,

Kb still had some flaws with it
Soup just felt unauthentic with tons of ghost soups and trying to organize souping was a nightmare
1.19 swimming should not be a thing as hitting people doing it is just annoying and impossible
Strength is overpowered as hell

6 Likes

I agree with in but it got wayyyyyyy better mr crafty so with that u so believe they’ll continue to fix it.

2 Likes

Can you describe how the kb felt off? Specifics will help out a ton, thanks!

2 Likes

Well it felt like hitting people inside a certain radius or hitting them in an angle towards the ground meant them taking very little kb and hitting people in certain angles makes them have excessive knockback

2 Likes

Oh want that that bad I mean and strength is changed in 1.19.

1 Like

Went into this with very low expectations and came out very surprised!
PvP feels exactly as I’d want it, I’ve had no ghost soup issues (perhaps a testament to my speed of dropping bowls) and I can even successfully W-tap (as successfully as I could before, anyway)

Feels really smooth and the added vibrancy of 1.19 over 1.8 made the game feel fresher and I’d definitely come play this every once in a while if it released as a full gamemode. To those not even wanting to join because of the negative feedback and stigma so far: give it a go! It might be for you or it might not, but this test really turned me around on a lot of my issues with a 1.19 update.

4 Likes

sometimes when fighting (for me at least) some of the soups doesn’t register as i used it even though ive actually used it might be cause of my ping but idk, also sometimes when i press left click to soup it doesn’t register as well (again might be cause of my ping) and the soup doesn’t fall off my hotbar fast it just stays there until i press q for the 2nd or third time it leaves

5 Likes

I think this was better than the first test session but many things stayed the same.

The soup is very glitchy and it was about 2 clicks to pop the soup. It is just very off compared to 1.8.9 pvp. It sometimes ghosts and doesn’t pop as well.
I don’t think the kits were the real type of kit abilities because they were super op (Ninja for example)
The PVP combat knockback is wonky and just feels way off from the current 1.8.9.

What I am more afraid of is that with the test sessions, more and more people are disliking them every time. I have feeling players will not stick around if it goes to 1.19. I want all the best for kit but Im just not sure this is the right approch.

3 Likes

ghost soups - (everyone else already explained)
No sprint resting - the mechanic is completly gone. “sprint reseting” in old verions was a way to increse the amount of KB u do as the first hit after begining a sprint would deal more KB and pvp just feels wrong without it (this is w taping s taping and blockhiting)

If these are fixed in the next test you have won me over.
Pvp feel good otherwise (NOTE: I was on 1.8.9 on the test server).
and having new mechanics of 1.19 would be super fun IF more updates come to kit (new kits events ect.)

EDIT: I tryed 1.19 and it fixed the ghost souping isue plz give w tap back though!

7 Likes

So here’s what I noticed:

• KB felt off, like you took less than on 1.8.9 a lot of the time, but still better than the last test session
  • Occasionally bowls would reappear back in the hotbar when trying to drop them
  • Swimming was annoying because the hitbox is so small it made it annoying to fight in water

Overall I would say it’s definitely the best out of all the test sessions so far, but still has some noticeable issues from 1.8 kitpvp

5 Likes

This is due to a mechanic specific to 1.19 called knockback scaling.
In 1.19, the knockback your opponent takes varies wildly depending on their vertical position in the air, which makes it harder to combo other players. This is exacerbated even further when your opponent has higher ping, to the point where they’re impossible to combo. Despite kitpvp being coded to behave like 1.8, it’s still on a 1.19 base, which is why this happens.

Intel Edits, a prominent 1.8 and 1.19 pvp youtuber, made a video on the subject a while ago, and it goes into more technical detail about why this happens. The main explanation starts at 3:44, but it’s really worth watching the entire video.

If 1.19 kitpvp is to be as similar as possible to 1.8, this is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

5 Likes

A message from a kit developer in regards to the comments about knockback:

Knockback scaling is already removed, we’ve returned it back to 1.8 knockback and made the following adjustments.

kitpvp 1.8
knockbackHorizontal = 0.375D;
knockbackVertical = 0.375D;
knockbackVerticalLimit = 0.325D;
knockbackExtraHorizontal = 0.4D;
knockbackExtraVertical = 0.085D;

kitpvp 1.19
knockback-horizontal: 0.375
knockback-vertical: 0.35
knockback-vertical-limit: 0.342
knockback-extra-horizontal: 0.4
knockback-extra-vertical: 0.079

kohi
knockbackHorizontal = 0.35D;
knockbackVertical = 0.35D;
knockbackVerticalLimit = 0.4D;
knockbackExtraHorizontal = 0.425D;
knockbackExtraVertical = 0.085D;

4 Likes

Is my brain made of of swiss cheese because I have no idea what this means

In any case, thanks for the inquiry. If knockback scaling isn’t to blame, I wouldn’t know what’s causing the issues :person_shrugging:

Also

Why were those changes made?

4 Likes

kb scaling is 1.8 aswell you just dont notice cuz hit cooldown is way less so the person ur fighting will almost always be in the air and with the server maintaining the 1.8 hit speed its not really a issue

NVM just read they removed it in on 1.8 munch aswell OPSIE

2 Likes

kohi knockback is overrated

2 Likes

was the potpvp server that everyone compares new potpvp servers to now. kohi lasted from like 2013 to 2017 or something like that. big names like verzide and stimpy got their name there.

2 Likes

Alright. I’ll give you what you wanted.

KB: The kb in general feels fine. It doesn’t SEEM to differ in any way, except for the fact that when someone gets knocked backwards in 1.19, it feels sort of ai-ish if that makes any sense. It looks very unnatural if yk what I mean. I only was able to spot this in Sumo only, not in the actual casual warp.

The PVP and Soup: It feels very VERY similar, it does feel weird dropping bowls as the animation feels weird for a soup server. However, when you soup and then drop your bowl, the bowl looks like it’s still there, but it isnt actually there, its a visual bug, I only spotted this when I refilled an entire hotbar and the bowl disappeared and was replaced by a soup. But overall, the pvping aspect is fine, rods work fine, the fisherman kit works perfectly aswell, but summoner and bomberman might need a small tweak…

The Events: So… The events worked in the test session… not. sumo worked fine, we only played a couple events like supersumo, sumo, and You Have Picked Up The Ball! sdb did not work at all lmao, it was worth a shot tho, I’d love to see what new kits you guys have in store for the 1.19.

My Opinion:
Alright, this is gonna draw an argument but as a 1.7-1.8 main, I could see myself playing this every day, I had mixed opinions going into it, I was sorta on the “I like 1.8 more” side, but watching how the pvp style worked on this without blockhitting??? DAMN THAT FELT GREAT! and ninja got a massive nerf? YO THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER! essentially, I LOVED this test session! It was very enjoyable and was a good test session! Can’t wait for the next one in a couple hours!

Sorry for the late response I overslept.

6 Likes