Dumb

I find it ridiculous that players are being punished on prison for rules that don’t exist. The only list of rules I could find are these:
MunchyMC Rules

1. No Cheating
    No Cheating, Hacking, Abusing Glitches, or doing anything that would be considered giving you, or others, an unfair advantage over other players in any way, shape, or form, or encourages others to do so. Clarification on our bannable offenses can be found below.

2. No harming the server or Players
    No doing anything that puts the integrity of the server or player-base in jeopardy, or encourages other players to do so directly, or indirectly.

3. Be Considerate of Others
    Keep other players and staff in mind when typing or interacting with others on the server.

Bannable Offenses

1. Cheating
    You may not cheat, hack, abuse glitches or do anything else that would give you an unfair advantage over other players.

2. Spam-Botting
    You may not flood the chat with an extreme amount of spam using lots of different accounts.

3. Faking Reports
    You may not use a software or modification to create faked evidence of someone breaking any of our rules. This does not include false reports.

4. Attacks
    You may not attack or threaten the MunchyMC network or its Staff in any way (ddos/dox/swatting etc.).

5. Scamming
    You may not use the MunchyMC Chat, TeamSpeak or Forums to scam a player, compromise their account or steal their personal information.

6. Offensive Skin or Username
    Players with inappropriate names or skins will be temp-banned from the server until their name/skin is changed.

Mutable Offenses

1. Advertising servers or competing services

2. Spamming the chat

3. Excessive swearing or overly offensive language

4. Putting other players personal information in the chat

even though these are the only rules, players are still being punished for the most random things, such as slopping (tempbanned) and spam paying somebody (temp banned).

the argument that you must use ‘common sense’ to not get banned is very dumb. players can have different interpretations of ‘common sense’ which could literally lead to them being banned.

just make a list of rules for prison and how they are punishable so you stop players from being banned because they aren’t aware of made up rules.

player are also getting in trouble for using macros to autofarm their cells, and the use of macros isn’t even mentioned in the server rules

1 Like

I think munchy should make a prison specific rule list as it is different and more unique than any other game mode. For example I was temp banned today for using an auto keyboard presser. While in the past people have been allowed to make bots that auto organized and smelted various items. This goes to show go inconsistent the rules can be. Though I can see how any of these could be against the rules they are not explicitly stated to be so.

1 Like

+1
i proposed this idea in a Support Ticket, but it was closed with no explanation or response

1 Like

This could fall under the “Be considerate of others” rule, as this can be used to steal someone’s crate items/auction items, and it greatly irritates the player.

This also falls under the “Be considerate of others” rule, because it greatly annoys the player due to not being able to see the chat, and this can go under, obviously spamming the chat. Obviously that is under mutable offenses, so in order to be banned for this, you must’ve had to do other bad things before this.

This really isn’t stupid. If you wouldn’t want someone doing it to you, don’t do it to them- unless it’s something obvious like scamming or killing someone outside.

Edit; Of course I know that these are only examples, and I do agree with you on this because the rules aren’t very detailed. More sections could be added to the rules.

this is a terrible argument.
slopping doesnt have to be for the purpose of trying to steal someones crate. you are also the person who made the argument to KEEP slop in the server which seems very hypocritical, since the only use it has it to fill people’s inventory.

spam paying someone isnt being inconsiderate as well. it literally is GIVING people money, helping them rankup. and how does doing other bad things make spam paying someone bannable?

and for common sense, you are only putting it into context of player interactions. staff have used the excuse of ‘use common sense’ to ban people for afk farming, abusing an item that has an unintentional purpose or use, and other more specific examples

No I’m not. I hate slop. It’s annoying. Look back on that topic.

Yeah, it’s helping them rankup, one dollar at a time. If you need 145 million to rankup, $1 for 50 minutes isn’t going to help you any.

Most servers already ban you for afk farming, and abusing items with unintentional purposes. The bad part of the last example is if you’re just now figuring out that the item’s unintended use was unintended and you get banned anyway, but continuously using it is ban-worthy and in a way is cheating.

1 Like

second example $1 for 50 minutes will definitely help, and making the assumption that you need 145mil to rankup is still irrelevant, money is money, maybe someone spam pays you so much that you could afford to buy an item off of blackmarket.

you cant make the assumption that munchy follows the same rules as “most servers.” prison on munchy is very unique which is why it needs a unique list of rules. and people do get all the time for using an item that isnt supposed to be used in a certain way, and staff find a way to excuse themselves from being in the wrong by saying that they have warned other people for abusing this item. for example, using spears with apollo machine

Then don’t accuse me of something you don’t know.

Yeah I guess it would help, but obviously most people aren’t going to spam you $1 for 50 minutes. Sure, after a long time you could get an item off of BM, but still it’s so unlikely for that to happen there’s no point in keeping the spam for this reason.

Generally, all servers have the same basic rules. Don’t spam, hack, swear, or use bots. Munchy is indeed unique, but that doesn’t mean the same basic rules don’t apply. I do agree it needs a unique set of rules as well. But, it should be obvious that you cannot abuse an item and do other things. If you try to hide that you’re doing it, then you shouldn’t be doing it.

@VanillaVerse because I don’t know of any servers that let you autofarm.
@VanillaVerse That makes no sense. Of course Munchy has different items, it’s a different server. I’m not satisfied because you aren’t seeing my point clearly. Munchy obviously is unique, we can agree on that, and does need some unique rules. But just because Munchy is unique doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the same basic rules as other servers, like the ones I listed above.
**If something isn’t allowed on other servers, and you’re not sure it’s allowed on a specific server, then don’t do it. That’s like if you go to America and can’t kill someone, then go over to France and kill someone just because you didn’t know if you could or not.

Before 2-3 weeks ago, I played everyday for a month. I am prestige 4, so clearly I play a little bit at least.
As I said in the post before, issues like SLOPPING have come up before. Obviously the FARMING wasn’t a thing.
I do sound to try right because that’s a thing people do. Right now you’re trying to sound right by making me sound dumb. I of course don’t always have the better judgement, but I stand by what I think.

1 Like

how can you agree it needs a unique set of rules then say that you can ban for autofarming even though its not in the rules

ok and i dont know any servers that have a farming system with demeter armor other than munchy? are you satisfied now?

The players are warned first for the macro. They’re only temp banned for a day if they don’t stop after the warning. If they continue to macro farm after being temp banned then the temp ban will increase for each instance.

~Ned :clown_face:

3 Likes

actual good response, still prison needs a specific set of rules instead of staff just having a free for all. in most other circumstances, players dont get a warning though

Yeah I’ll make sure we have a new rule set for the start of the next map for these instances. This is just us making a step towards the community to show we are enforcing no macros. As long as players are aware of this now and don’t continue we will have no reason to tempban.

~Ned

4 Likes

I have been on some special servers, that have “use common sense” as an excuse to not write any rules.
They pretty much make anything up to warn random people and always lose a discussion and warn the winning party.
“Use common sense” is in my eyes the only rule for anarchy like relationship between staff and players in places, that have not been defined by other rules.
Only strongly defined rules can form a society, since “use common sense” is not written in any law book.

1 Like

spam paying someone is still considered spamming the chat, because you’re spamming the chat for someone else. So I don’t understand how you’re confused about that? Also what is “Slopping”?

Also “Macros” is a mod. Mods on mulitplayer servers are usually considered as “Hacks” especially when the’re giving the player an unfair advantage against vanilla players. Like auto-farming? You can’t do that in vanilla minecraft. To me it’s considered hacking because you’ve given yourself, or others have given themselves, and unfair advantage.

Some of the things you say that “aren’t mentioned under the rules”, in fact are. The people who make rule lists don’t have time to list every possible hack, or every possible way to spam. So they tell you “Don’t Cheat”, “dont spam chat”. Common sense, like other players say, tells you that “Don’t spam chat” means don’t spam chat for anyone, in any form of way. So spam paying someone is a form of spamming in chat (it literately has the term ‘spam’ in it’s name.) Same goes for hacking. Though it may be harder to tell, just don’t do anything that will give yourself an unfair advantage over vanilla minecraft players.

Some of these things you see as “random” aren’t very random. They’re just specifics under a vague/varied rule. The rule remains vauge so it can umbrella(cover) all the specific details. Thats how they’re able to make short lists that are easy to read.

I hope this helps!
-thhot

1 Like

Basically, since Slop isn’t a stackable item, people will grab a bunch of those and fill people’s inventory with it to annoy them or to get their drops.

Ty, I’ve had it happen to me a few times- though I didn’t know it had a name.

1 Like

Why is slopping not allowed if it’s just a different way of scamming

You do have a point there…

Macros are key shortcuts done by the computer (omen) or a third party software, that simulates the buttons being pressed.

Like 95% of the content modifications do not give any advantage, it’s like joining multiplayer with a higher version, but the content does not affect vanilla gameplay.
The other 5% are 3% unfair advantage anyone is allowed to download and use, but each server has their own rules, for example munchy does not allow to view hp of other players.
The other 2% of these 5% are hacks.

*an

But they can define how they work, for example a minimap can show many things, but server specific rules can decide to turn off entities and underground materials/caves. Players reporting players with evidence most likely will get themselves in this, too.

There is a way to spam a teleportation command, the main reason for many servers to have a “warm up” timer for any kind of teleportation, even when you are falling off your island and lose your whole inventory to the void for simply standing still for 2 seconds while falling, impossible.
There is also a way to spam an admin’s chat by typing commands the player has no permissions to or do not exist, but the player is supposed to not know this, so the admin either does not react or turns it off somehow.

There is canned food made out of pig named “SPAM”, is it also spam, because it got “spam” in the name?

True randomness at random.org.

Pretty much like german laws, but they don’t have written “use common sense” anywhere in the 3 law books.

-KittenKatja