Change to Extra Worlds resets

Announcement

Extra worlds reset will be taking place later today, but with a brand new twist. From this point on, /fly will be turned OFF in the extra worlds for the first week after reset!

We will be trialling this new system and may be tweaking it as time goes on to make sure it works well for everyone.
I made a unnecessarily fancy table to show how this is going to work:

Note: This only applies to the extra worlds (end/nether/mining). Fly will stay enabled all the time in the main world.

9 Likes

woop woop!

1 Like

great job with this fix, but also, now u need to fix the wither event. how is anyone gunna get the wither now?

is /carpet still enabled .o.

that’s a fancy table. thank you for the fancy table.

6 Likes

tables are cool

damn I needa get an elytra and rockets now

Yep, /carpet will still be enabled at all times

2 Likes

1 Like

I think this is really interesting and cool!! I’m excited to see how it goes!

Id be lying if i said this wasn’t annoying. Although some people say that the game is pay to win, as seen in the rant about survival, a lot of the comments disagreed with that statement. It is one thing to say that the ranks take too much power over the server, and another to say that the unranked players aren’t actually trying to “win.” Normally people dont purchase ranks on the server when they really dont play. Recently, Ajsnake and Beatles both grinded to 50k just to get ranks. This shows that players who are dedicated to the game, are willing to grind to get the ranks. Even me for example, i was on baltop rankless and so was Caleb, while also grinding for ranks. This goes to the point stated above that it is possible to “win” without ranks. One of the most special perks of having ++ is the fact that you CAN fly, and now with this rank being $100, i think it deserves to keep that. Us players who grinded for our ranks are being constantly let down by the continuation of balancing out the system between ranks and non ranks. It almost feels like we’re being punished for having the ranks. Im aware that this comment most likely wont change minds, but i feel like we’re only focusing on one side here.

5 Likes

oof, i need an elytra then lol
:smiley:

I know it looks like this is a recent thing in response to the complaints that have been cropping up recently, but it was the plan from around July '19.
If you were around when we originally launched Survival 2.0 back in November, you’ll have seen that /fly was disabled in the extra worlds for the first week of the new map. All of the reset plans, meetings, notes, documents, etc (even the original Guide to Survival 2.0) had it written that fly was to be disabled for the first week after each extra worlds reset, and enabled for the second. Unfortunately we ran into a serious flaw with this plan (only Bad or a developer could turn the fly on and off, and they weren’t reliably free) so we had to abandon it until we could have it made much more feasible to manage. And finally, after so long, this is now possible!

This is not meant to be a nerf of the fly perk. We haven’t touched the ability or the rank itself, all we have done is taken the necessary step to reduce the monopoly of certain valuable items that doubleplus players currently have. Even then, ranked players will still be able to fly out and loot the places everyone wasn’t able to get to in the first week, and still have the second week to fight the wither.

Our aim, as always, is to continue to make the server as enjoyable as possible for as many people as possible. There are lots of different opinions, styles of play, viewpoints and budgets that we have to take into consideration as we go, and not every decision is going to be immediately popular. Every decision, however, is made with a ridiculous amount of careful thought and with the long-term health and sustainability of the server in mind.

5 Likes

I mean I did lose a max set of armor and a flower pick today because I forgot /shrug

seems cool! Im happy that they are trying to balance it out a little bit, but it seems like ++s kinda just like to lead the wither away :confused:

That’s the whole strategy…

Non-++ can do it easily as well

Hit it first, then elytra away. I think people often underestimate the power of an elytra, it’s WAY faster than /fly, and not that uncontrollable either. You just need to learn how to use it, and it’s basically as good as /fly.

2 Likes

Because it is fast, it can fly out of the wither’s ~20 block follow range. Fly is still superior.

you what

3 Likes

yes ;-;

Yeah, this does work, but it takes + and ++ quite some time to actually get to the portal and go through and get to the area. Again, elytra, but those seconds do matter most of the time.