Calling ALL KitPvP Players: 1.19 Test Session

/server ktest to join!

1.19 Combat Testing

Calling all KitPvP players!

:crossed_swords:

This Sunday, January 29th we will be holding our second test session for our 1.19 combat system. Our goal is to create a 1.19 system that is almost identical to 1.7 / 1.8 combat systems. We need YOUR feedback on our improvements!

This test session will take place on Sunday, January 29th from 11:00AM EST - 1:00PM EST. Testing will be open to everyone, and we encourage you to bring both yourself and some friends! The more feedback we receive, the better. Testing will take place on a separate test server, which will be announced at the top of this post the day of testing.

Your Feedback Matters

:crossed_swords:

At the end of the test session, a forums post will be opened for constructive feedback. We encourage everyone to leave their thoughts, bugs, or anything in this post that can help us improve the 1.19 system. Any and all unnecessary / unconstructive feedback will be removed and you will be punished accordingly.

Before leaving feedback or attending this test session, there will be a post detailing the differences between a 1.19 update & a 1.7 / 1.8. update. The post will be linked here when it is published.

You May be wondering… Here’s some answers!

:question:

❓ Will KitPvP be going to 1.19?

These testing sessions will influence that decision undoubtedly, however the answer to this is unknown. We’re not taking this decision lightly in absolutely any regard and want to make sure we are fully educated on the situation before moving forward. Once again, please make sure to give us all the feedback you can so we can make the best decision for you all!

❓ Have anything changed from the last session?

Yes! There have been some improvements since the last session to help 1.19 combat feel smoother and even closer to 1.7 / 1.8 combat.

❓ What if I can't make the testing?

If you can’t make the testing, do not worry! Unfortunately we cannot guarantee there will be another session like this, but your feedback is more than welcome in our discord DMs. We would like to keep the input forums post limited to those who were a part of this testing session, so your ideas will still be heard just in a separate platform.

❓ Where can I leave my Input?

During the test session, we would love to hear your input in chat! Towards the end of the session, we will open up a post here on the forums where we will ask you to provide us with constructive feedback on the combat system. Any and all unnecessary / unconstructive feedback will be removed and you will be punished accordingly.

Any unconstructive replies or feedback on this post will be removed & punished accordingly.

25 Likes

A testing session im not leaving a country for?
Les go woo! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Fellow kit player here o/

6 Likes

personally… i think the title of this thread should be called “Calling ALL RolePlayers: 1.19 Test Session”

6 Likes

We’ll time to recreate the 1.19 meta again.

2 Likes

Btw want some feedback from last time I found? I main 1.19 so I found slot or stuff.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this :)

2 Likes

I play KitPvP :conksunglasses:

4 Likes

Press the “esc” then press Disconnect then press the X on the top right of your screen and GG 100/10 server

2 Likes

Is it not possible to keep the test server online for 24 hours?
It seems difficult, in my opinion, to get a community’s feedback on something without giving them all a chance to play it.

I, for example, will not be able to attend the session between the times it was scheduled for, yet I sure as hell want to have equal saying for it as every other community member. I just don’t see the point of allowing access to testing for such little time that not all KitPvP members are available for.

thank u

7 Likes

Unfortunately I do not believe this is possible for the current state of the test server. I’m sure this may be an option closer to an update or decision being made, but I cannot guarantee this.

Regarding time zones & scheduling, this goes around our management team’s time zones as well as mine. Our last test session was scheduled to be from 3:30 - 5 PM EST on a Saturday, so we’ve moved the time up by a few hours as well as changed the day. We also take a look at the most popular time zones & activity hours when considering when to schedule a test session.

We cannot please everyone in this situation, and I understand your frustrations. We try our best to be time zone friendly, but please understand there are multiple factors going into scheduling this.

I brought up an ‘open server’ idea prior to our first test session, and will bring it up in conversation again once we are closer to making a decision or approaching an update.

6 Likes

Testing is now OPEN!
Do /server ktest to join the testing session.

4 Likes

Testing is complete. Please leave your feedback here!

7 Likes