Calling all Artists! Artwork Competition

Banner art by Raiseen

~*~ Calling all Artists! ~*~

A Community Competition to have artwork featured on the MunchyMC Buycraft store!

Hi Munchies!

I’m excited to bring you something a little different as a competition! Get your creative hats on as we are offering you the chance to design the icons for the two survival ranks on the buycraft.
Currently these two ranks have no pretty pictures to show off to the world, and I thought what better way to have some amazing and unique art than to give you guys a chance to flex your skills!

Please read the following sections carefully.

| Competition Rules and Guidelines |

Rules:

• Each individual entry should consist of a pair of TWO images, one for the Plus rank and one for the Double Plus rank
  • Submitted artwork must be entirely original - please do not reuse or incorporate content from other artists
  • Submitted artwork should be relevant to the ranks and gamemode
  • No inappropriate or troll submissions
  • Two seperate entries allowed per person (if you are an art god/goddess and somehow manage to win both first AND second place, the second place prize will be given to the runner up)

Artwork for each entry MUST be submitted in the following format

• two seperate, high quality .png images
  • as high resolution as you are able to provide
  • no smaller than 560x560, and keeping a square ratio

DIGITAL artwork is preferable, and should be submitted with a transparent background. I’ve attached a tool to do that here, and if you’re using procreate you can just export it without a background

HAND DRAWN artwork can be submitted provided that you are able to upload and submit a sufficiently high quality image of your work that follows the formatting guidelines above. Unfortunately, if the quality of the image isn’t good enough, we won’t be able to accept your entry.

Information about the ranks can be found here, and further information such as rank colours, etc, can be found by visiting the survival server in game.

If your submission does not follow these rules and guidelines, your entry will be disqualified

| How to Enter |

The competition deadline is MONDAY 31st AUGUST at 10pm BST / 5pm EDT

Submit your artwork, following the guidelines and rules above, as a reply to this post.

Please also include:

Your IGN
Artwork medium - Digital / Hand Drawn / Other

Once the competition closes, the submissions will be judged by a panel of judges and the winner will have their artwork added to the store (as well as receiving an additional prize!)

| Prizes! |

FIRST PLACE - Artwork added to the MunchyMC Buycraft + Lifetime Double Plus rank + 10 Spring Crate Keys

SECOND PLACE - Lifetime Plus rank + 10 Spring Crate Keys

RUNNER UP (3rd) - 5 Spring Crate Keys

Ranks can be gifted

Good luck to all participants!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on discord (Ibby#0204).

20 Likes

Hype hype hype!! Very excited to see how this turns out!

6 Likes

i wanna try but im not good enough :frowning:

3 Likes

Darn, I havent gotten my drawing tablet yet!
GL to everyone else though!

4 Likes

JESUS LIFETIME??

Epic cool good luck to all, time to get @RetroMuffin some lifetime ++ amirite

2 Likes

I actually already had some designs lying around. Might as well submit them.

IGN: DragonsMaker
Medium: Digital

Diamond for +, netherite for ++. Fitting for the recent 1.16 update.

39 Likes

@Sowl time to shine baby

7 Likes

tempting to possibly do it or not O-o
never have rlly drawn much on digital so oof

gl to those going in the contest!

1 Like

I love the idea, and as a keen artist I shall begin my project soon :wink:

1 Like

Gl! You weirdo.

2 Likes

IGN: Sowl
Medium: Digital

I used my artistic skills to draw Steve for + and Alex for ++, and had to make sure both of them are strapped.

+

++

46 Likes

if this doesnt win then idk what will

12 Likes

ign: semper_sollicita
old nether for +, new nether for ++

15 Likes

Welcome to the community semper ,-,

1 Like

Sowl, this art makes me cry tears of amazement and joy. Thank you for brightening my day and showing my eyes true beauty.

4 Likes

Absolute pinnacle of mastery and skill in art, none can rival it.

6 Likes

If this doesn’t win I’m going to be upset

4 Likes

if this doesnt come 2nd then idk what will

4 Likes

Alex, thank you for exposing my eyes to true beauty. This has made my day, and I sincerely thank you for that. I hope with all the cells in my body that this receives the second place reward.

1 Like