BWDIM Episode 8: Mddey

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Before we get started, I’d like to remind you all that submissions for a BWDIM episode for my name are still open! Read more about it here. Pro tip, if you don’t know what part of a name means, just Google it. It works for me. Anyway, onto the episode!

You’ve seen him on WoolWars. He’s just been promoted to JMod, which is pretty cool. His birthday was a few weeks ago, so for the second episode in a row, we will be examining the birthday person’s name. And that name happens to be @Mddey!

So, because the name is quite short, we will be splitting it into only two parts: Md and dey. Because the summary will be quite short, the analysis will be taking the cake this time. Without further ado, onto the meaning of all this!
First part: Md (also stylized M. D.). This is the abbreviation for “Medicinae Doctor”, which is latin for Doctor of Medicine. In the U.S., this means a person who has gone to medical school for four years and is on track to become a doctor.
Second part: dey (also stylized Dey). This word originates from a Turkish word meaning “uncle”. It was, from 1671 to 1830, used to designate the rulers of the Regency of Algiers, which was a region under the Ottoman Empire. Today, though, the Regency of Algiers is simply referred to as Algeria.
So, when we put it together, we get M. D. Dey. So, we can deduce that Mddey has a medical degree. Pretty simple. But what of the “Dey”?
Well, because the Deys were put to rest after the French conquest of the Regency of Algiers, Mddey cannot actually be a dey. Statistically speaking, this is impossible. But, that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t descend from a Dey. The last Dey was Kshuk Mohamed. Algeria (where the Deys lived) and Saudi Arabia (where Mddey lives) aren’t that far away. I mean sure, there’s a bit of a distance between them, but give it 160 years, and I’m sure that Mr. Mohamed’s family line could gradually move away from Algeria. And if you’re emigrating from Algeria, man, there’s really only one place to go: Saudi Arabia.
So, we have deduced that Mddey descends from Kshuk Mohamed, and that he has a medical degree, but what do those two things mean together? Well, you see, Saudi Arabia is facing a so-called “brain drain”. Basically, all the smart people who are educated in the country are finding jobs that are not in the country. The smart people are leaving, and the less-smart people stay. That is, in fact, why Mddey is still there (jkjkjkjkjk I’m sure you’re very intelligent it’s a JOKE alright don’t ban me). But, Mddey is starting to realize his intelligence. He comes from a royal line of Deys, he’s got a medical degree, and he wants to start skeetin’. But, if he’s emigrating from Saudi Arabia, then where would he go?
You would think it would be logical: returning to your country of origin, where your family comes from: Algeria. False! Algeria is also facing a brain drain. So, where to go? Well, if you can’t go home, then revenge is always a good place to start.
Let’s think about it: the Deys where removed from office by the French in 1860. This includes Mddey’s distant relative, Mr. Mohamed. So, why not get revenge on the French? I mean, you have a medical degree. You can infiltrate the country’s medical system and do some real damage. Don’t worry, Mddey, you will put to rest your forefathers’ anger at the French - and at France in general. You ARE doing the right thing. Don’t let the legal system tell you anything else.

I did get my historical information from Wikipedia, this is just for informal purposes, so it might not be 100% historically accurate

Episode 8 seems to have abruptly stopped working. Oh wait, no, it’s just over. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, comment with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. My priority list is getting shorter by the episode. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

Sources
26 Likes

i’m scared of how detailed this post is

8 Likes

Ngl, Newsletter Editor McDonalds is kinda hot

4 Likes

The ammount of details
I love this XD

6 Likes

didn’t read it yet but this is already great

3 Likes

still very confused how you even start making this.

5 Likes

@Aiadeva Run.

8 Likes

Hi @Aiadeva >:)

4 Likes

Midday Mddey

1 Like

:eyes:

7 Likes

can we all take a field trip into spectro’s mind some day? I really gotta know what goes on inside there

3 Likes

I finally read an entire bwdim :)

3 Likes

Very interesting, I really like this!!

Now I dare you to find the origin of my name >:)

(I’m kinda new here btw, how are you? :grinning:)

3 Likes

Good, how are you?

1 Like

I’m doing well, thanks :)

1 Like

BWDIM Episode 9: Hot and Beautiful Bearaddo when sis???

2 Likes

Ok but how do you pronounce it? I’ve been pronouncing it as “Moody” but everyone else does “Midday” it seems.

Edit: I have learned that it’s “Meddy”

1 Like

I pronounce it like “Ma-Dey”

2 Likes

Amazing.

1 Like