BWDIM Episode 20: SkoPie_

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

They’re a recently minted Event Team member. They’ve got every global buyable rank. They’re… a piece of pie. That’s right, I’m talking about the one, the only, @SkoPie_! That’s right, today I will be analyzing their name, and the true meaning behind it.

Dissection

Skopie_ is how we divide the name, and now it’s time to play the game!

First part: Sk (also stylized sk). By itself, it may not mean much. But one of the many BWDIM tricks is to repeat something until it means… something! So, sksk isn’t a lot. But sksksk, as defined by dictionary.com, is “an interjection used to convey surprise, happiness, and other intense emotions.” For example, when some agro feather person (definitely not me) jumps onto your woolwars tower, knocks you off and kills you, a common reaction would be to type “sksksk” in chat. Or when you’re so amazed at how @Ironnose has full iron and a diamond sword and he two shots you in sg, a common reaction would also be to say “sksksk” in the chat.

Second part: op (also stylized OP). It either means overpowered or owner privileges, depending on who you ask. Basically someone who has power.

Third part: ie (also stylized IE). It’s some weird English thing that means for example. Don’t ask me how.

Fourth part: _ An underscore. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Analysis

So, when we put it together, we get… skskskOPIE:_. Well that worked out. The only slight adjustment that I’ll make is that we divide the name that was previously divided into two parts, so that each division, instead of being part of the name, is now part of two smaller divisions of the name, which was, as I already stated, divided in two. Make sense? Thought so. skskskOP IE:_.

Let’s go over the first part. Sko (may I call you sko? Too bad, it’s happening anyway) is, obviously, surprised that something happened, and so surprised that they says “sksksk”. But what, exactly, is so surprising? Well, it’s the fact that they now have OP. That’s right, the fact that they joined the Event Team makes them so surprised that they exclaim it through onomatopoeias. And, you know, Event Team is basically the same as being an admin, so it can be said that whoever is on the event team is OP.

Now the second part. When you join the event team, you are able to do many things that you hadn’t been able to do before, such as place blocks, and of course, host events. But the power does not end there. No, it does not. Sko has decided to make a list of things that they can do with their newly found powers, which curiously has only one item: _. Seems odd, right?

Well, let’s take a minute to think. Where is the underscore in their name? At the end. And because, obviously, being in the event team lets you change players’ IGNs, then the logical train of thought is that Sko will change player’s IGNs. But I’m not just talking about changing the IGNs in their Minecraft. Laby can do that. No, I’m talking about changing the actual IGN of everyone that ever joins Munchy to have an underscore at the end… permanently. Gosh, this is going to get annoying for future BWDIMs.

Bonus section: dictionary.com says that sksksk is only used by VSCO girls, so obviously SkoPie_ is a power-wielding name-changing VSCO girl event team member. And for those who say, “Spectro, event team members can’t change players’ names,” I say to you, leave. Now.

Episode twenty has been terminated. Permanently. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

11 Likes

yoooo episode 20 B)) thanks man :sunglasses:

Aight so basically my name is SkoPie bc many years ago when I was just a wee boy, me and my brother were going to make Xbox accounts for our brand new top of the line XBOX 360!!! I know, best console ever. Anyway, my tiny little child brain thought “hmmm… what do I like? uhh guns… so like a scope or smth and I also like pie or something… so uh SkoPie!” (I wasn’t very good at spelling… pronuncing either.) You would think it would be pronounced Scoh- Pie but it’s Scoh-Pee. Yeah idk what I was going for with that, but yea.

Bonus Reason:
Underscore bc some weirdo took skopie

6 Likes

I made it into a BWDIM WOOOOOOO! And if you’re amazed at that gear, well…

Shiny

3 Likes

all the meanings of ‘OP’ I can think of are

owner perms

owner privileges

over powered

operator

original poster

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

Welcome back to But What It Means! Ever wonder: what the heck is that name supposed to mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNS of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

4 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

When iNateCo :3

3 Likes

it is a very cool name indeed

3 Likes