BuffCorgi_'s Helper Application (Winter 2023)

IGN: BuffCorgi_

Timezone: NZDT (or NZST in the winter months)

How active can you be per week?

Currently, I am on holidays, so I can be on for around 2 to 3 hours daily. Since I do not currently have a set schedule, I can login almost anytime between 9am-8pm. However, starting from around late January/early February next year, I will be at university/college and my schedule will change. As I am still awaiting offers, I cannot comment on my activity hours in the future at this time.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

I currently have one 5 minute mute to my name, from spamming chat in purgatory to a banned player. I also got temp-banned when my former clan leader accidentally set my clan tag to an illegal tag, resulting in the clan being removed due to it being seen as ā€œstaff impersonationā€. I have since revised the MunchyMC rules, and I will endeavour to ensure this will not happen again. Aside from that, I recently got joke muted during friendly interactions with server mods and that is all I can recall.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

This is the first time I am applying for the helper role.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

Personally, I think my standing in the community is generally positive. I strive to be an approachable, friendly face to all players, whether they are just starting out, or late in the game. Itā€™s important to me that whether someone is just starting their journey or has been around for a while, they feel a sense of inclusivity and warmth. I continuously strive to contribute to the overall positive atmosphere of our community, fostering an environment where everyone feels welcome and supported.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

MunchyMC has played a transformative role in shaping me into a better person. The (survival) community has shaped me in so many ways, making me a better person. The positive interactions, challenges, and collaborations within this community have contributed significantly to my personal growth, and I feel MunchyMC has allowed me to develop many important skills such as responsibility. Now, I am inspired to take a step further and apply for the helper role to ā€˜give backā€™ to a community that has continuously ā€˜givenā€™ to me. I am eager to contribute my time and efforts to support fellow players, to ensure every player has a positive experience, and I am also eager to help maintain the welcoming atmosphere that has made MunchyMC such a special place for me and many others. Being part of the helper team would not only be an honor but also a fulfilling way to reciprocate the positive impact the community has had on my own life.

Do you have any experience with moderating communities such as minecraft servers or other leadership roles? If so, please briefly detail it.

I do not have too much experience with regards to moderating communities. However, I do run a private server and I have some experience of identifying some common ā€œhacksā€ or ā€œcheats,ā€ primarily Xray. I am however still learning, and I will always ask for help when I have questions. MunchyMC wise, I am the leader of the AURA clan, which has also helped me learn about the importance of being a constructive leader, whilst also actively taking time to seek feedback and improve as a person. I also have had some leadership experience/roles IRL but I would prefer to keep these private.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my application
and best of luck to all applicants!

EDITS: #1 Fixed some spelling/grammar issues.
#2 Ign change from elite333 to BuffCorgi_

18 Likes

Well detailed application and corgi is a great person to talk to and I believe has the ability to run survival better

+1

4 Likes

+1 Iā€™ve played with corgi a lot and believe he could be a good helper

5 Likes

+1 for Corgi for the Helper role.

I canā€™t count the number of times Iā€™ve seen Corgi help new players, showing them how things work on the server, ensuring they feel welcome and safe here. He also creates a positive environment for established players with his warm, fun and enthusiastic personality. I feel he knows Surv really well and can be trusted to enhance the server in multiple ways as a Helper.

5 Likes

Corgi is awesome and mature! Heā€™s for sure a dedicated player who deserves the role :D gooooodluck +1

4 Likes

+1 them are chill

3 Likes

Thank you @DREX0R , @Mcghosty1300 , @Nadis_Nadis, @Viviannn and @SUPERDUCK3534 for your words !!! :heart: I appreciate your comments a lot!!

Also, best of luck for MOTY Drex!!

5 Likes

+1 Cool dude and well written application.

4 Likes

Oh thanks man :)

3 Likes

+1
In all my time of knowing Corgi, he has been a friendly and helpful member of the survival community. Best of luck for the application!

5 Likes

+1
I think that corgi is a great person to know and heā€™s pretty mature for this role!
All the best corgi <3

5 Likes

+1, iv known corgi since he was still a new we little bitty baby player, fresh to munchy mc (sorry crog cant miss the chance to be a little poo) and heā€™s been a positive and helpful member of the community, as well as someone who worked to actively GROW the community with things like the forest retreat. i would say with confidence, especially how iv seen him grow over the time iv known him, heā€™s a good choice.

5 Likes

+1, well-written application and detailed. I see them quite often in-game and are very kind.

Best of luck with your application!

4 Likes

ur a new we little bitty baby player when it comes to spelling ā€œIā€™veā€(sorry spider cant miss the chance to be a little poo)!!!

Jokes aside, thank you for your kind words, oh man, I miss Forest Retreat sooo much :sob: ilyyyyy :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @FullOfHuskies @Brooke_sun @Shauryaa and @oskrrs for your kind words as well! It means a lot to me :heart:

4 Likes

Massive +1

Nothing much to say apart from give this guy staff already!!

4 Likes

Elite has been a good friend of mine for a long time now.

Heā€™s always been full of energy and kindness. Words canā€™t say how much I appreciate his friendship and I canā€™t count the number of times heā€™s been helpful.

Iā€™d love to see him as helper. Best of luck!

4 Likes

+1
(everyone else already said the things i would)

5 Likes

Thank youuu @Scop211 @Monesteir and @Kiikyo :heart: you guys are all amazing and i look forward to playing with you guys more in the future!

Also, @Brooke_sun and @Monesteir good luck for MOTY survival! You both deserve it!

7 Likes

+0.25

Corgi has been an old friend of mine, we basically met on season 2. Heā€™s extremely nice, kind and playful. Been contributing a lot through his builds and fun activities with the AURA clan!

What pushed me to decrease my score though is the lack of consistency (I can speak to myself about that, Iā€™ve also been very inconsistent unfortunately which led me to be a bit less active over the last month). You have been quitting and joining a few times and I believe you should try sticking out in the server for an actual period of time to show dedication! :sparkles:

11 Likes