/W - /MSG ALIAS
/TELL - /MSG ALIAS
/STATS - VIEW YOUR OR ANOTHER PLAYER’S STATS
/SUICIDE - SELF EXPLANATORY
/REFILL - REFILLS INVENTORY WITH SOUP
/SOUP - REFILLS ONE HOTBAR WITH SOUP
/S - ALIAS OF /SOUP
/SHARP - INCREASES SHARP ENCHANT (BUFF)
/STRENGTH - INCREASES STRENGTH POTION LEVEL (BUFF)
/SPEED - INCREASES SPEED POTION LEVEL (BUFF)
/POISON - GIVES A THROWABLE POISON POT
/DIAMOND - DIAMOND ARMOR (BUFF)
/LEATHER - LEATHER ARMOR (DEBUFF)
/GOLD - GOLD ARMOR (DEBUFF)
/BOW - GIVES BOW AND ARROW (DEBUFF)
/HUNGER - ENABLES HUNGER (DEBUFF)
BUFFS DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF CREDITS RECEIVED PER KILL
DEBUFFS INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF CREDITS RECEIVED PER KILL

INSPIRATION

The Declaration of MCPVP haha LOL!

KITPVP IMPROVEMENTS:
-have better giveaways? (what happened to giving a player a week of elite? getting 1K credits for doing LMS is just a trash prize)
-get youtubers / better streamers (there aren’t enough streamers, but there are people who have Media rank. if you want people to get to know the server, hire someone who would have great enthusiasm and is willing to promote the server.)
-make classic the actual warp to kit and have v2 warp in hot bar
-have jared’s map for classic (this includes the dispensers)
-classic should be exactly how mcpvp had it, including some of the automatic events.
-add classic stats to the profile page. (stats dont increase in the current competitive world)
-an anti-cheat that actually blocks hacks instead of just giving alerts

Dear BadBoyHalo and MunchyMC Staff,

Let’s be honest, the reason why MunchyMC had become a somewhat successful server isn’t just because of the staff, it’s because of the players. The people who play on your server are the ones who shape up the community. A server would not become popular and grow in size if it were not for those that GO ON the server. Also, giving a heads up if you decide to make changes to the server, it can be a big help to the community because it can give us some time to prepare for when they come. Right now the server only appeals to little kids who want to use their moms credit card to buy kits. KitPvP is in a terrible state because of the amount of one shot kits. Titan can stomp and one shot players with its absurd strength. Even though they can also be one shotted, whats stopping them from coming up behind you and killing you while you’re on a 100 killstreak? This is not HG, and one shot kits should not be on the server. I shouldn’t have to worry about some eight year old noob dropping out of the sky and stomping me. Certain skill kits, like dash have been nerfed. These were kits that allowed you to kill other people without ping being a hugely determining factor. The more speed you have, the less ping becomes a problem. Adding speed to kit pvp and removing its strength could help fix the problem. Right now it is hard to chase people down with the kit pvp kit, because a majority of the annoying/archer kits have speed.

Long story short, Munchy does not appeal to any of the players looking for a competitive experience. I assume Munchy thought they were doing a good thing by adding back a sub-par competitive warp. This did nothing other than show us how little you care for classic players, considering its stats weren’t saved and it had nothing in common with classic. The new spawn system is wack, and I believe we should go back to the old system allowing you to run back through spawn. The 1v1 system is a huge flop, considering the knockback that is in the arena. There are potpvp kits with vanilla knockback, and you wonder why next to no one plays those kits? Knockback should at least be tweaked/changed to provide a better experience.

Munchy is dying and you can’t say it isnt. Prison released a week ago and it already has less players than kitpvp at the time of writing this.

• Remove Casual
  • Bring Back Classic

0 voters

7 Likes

There are people who like the regular KitPvP, like me and the other people that regularly play it. Munchy does care for their playerbase, and they try the best they can to make things original, because I’m sure they don’t want a copy of 50 other servers. In my opinion, I’m sure there are tons of other pvp servers with everything you described.

1 Like

yes there are tons of other pvp servers with everything i described because its not hard to make. however they dont have players.

2 Likes

The thing is, people bought kits. I dont know if this would refund or transfer into tokens, or something else, but there could be some obstacles transforming. I really miss McPvP, and the old map is definitely the best kitpvp map that was ever made. I would really like to play on munchy and have it recreate the old mcpvp.

2 Likes

Ok… I see the point that your making however most people like the current kitPVP and it has a variety of kits which in reality are pretty cool. Also as @saladbutter said people that have already brought kits well what would happen to them. Also elite. If someone has brought elite then what things could they use in it being now you can get all free kits but if the classic kitPVP is put into then what items would that have. I do think that having the old map on this server would be great but I’m saying this because it’s something that I find best with the current kitPVP map but I think that with the choice of different kits players who may not be as good at kitPVP would be able to fight with several other kits which would therefore lead them to mabye getting a kill or a few. With just one kit say for a less experienced player or a player who is not that good at kit PVP, they would probably find it hard to kill someone as the other person would just keep killing them. So that’s why I believe that munchy mc kit PVP is unique. Lastly I wanted to give an example of a kit which is the falcon. Now the falcon kit alows you to fly and when I first used to play about 2 years ago people wanted to fly. You would see admins and moderators flying but not players, and so when the falcon came out people enjoyed it. I would say the falcon is for players that may not be the best. Of course I’m not saying good players don’t use it because they do but the falcon helps to see the map in a way and it helps picking off people. Now this is entirely my decision and so many people may have a different view on this. Anyway it’s a good idea and I’m sure a lot of people would like that classic kit PVP back. Thanks

banana

2 Likes

on old kitpvp you get credits equal to the amount of damage you did, based on how much you were worth. if you killed that person who kept on killing you, they would be worth a lot because theyre a really good player. when you get a lot of worth you would be able to do /sharp and get up to sharp 5 if you wanted to, if you took off your armor.

4 Likes

Just had a nostalgic trip watching the first video.

1 Like

If /bow is there I’m there winking cat emoji

But yes Jaden this is a neat post, it seems you really mean it :smile_cat: I would like to see this back but not at the deletion of casual or anything really.

1 Like

Yes, classic kitpvp was great and it will always have a special place in the hearts of all MCPvP originals. However, this statement also applies to HG and thus does not automatically imply that bringing it back would be beneficial.

You act as if you were speaking for the entire community - and I am sure that some of us will share your opinion on this topic - but the truth is that you only represent a minority of Munchy’s players: MCPvP’s shutdown was 3 years ago, the classic kitpvp mode was effectively removed almost 4 years ago and there simply aren’t enough original players left to keep classic kitpvp alive.

Originally, kitpvp served as a practice server for HG and thus didn’t really need to make a lot of money. As Munchy’s biggest server, kitpvp’s demonetization today would bring some issues. As any other business, Munchy cannot exist without some form of revenue and classic kitpvp - in its current form - cannot generate that.

Therefore, your attempt to balance the kits is a much better approach to the issue than simply replacing kitpvp v2 with classic kitpvp. Eventually, everyone will need to accept that classic kitpvp is gone and instead try to combine the good aspects of both versions.
The event team, for example, is quite similar to the manual events that staff used to host back in the days.
A map similar to the classic maps could also be a solution as it incentivizes PvP rather than strategies that rely on the environment.

I am generally not opposed to the idea of a big update since kitpvp v2 has been feeling quite stale recently - not surprising after almost 3 years with no major changes. New maps, mechanics, commands, kits etc. would certainly be fun. At the same time, removing and reworking other kits would most likely also be a possibility.
Find people that agree with the general direction of where you want to take kitpvp and work together with the staff team if you want to actually make a change. Maybe you will even find other effective ways of monetarization that could eventually replace kits.

2 Likes

Clockyy - I believe that there could be a rotation for Competitive/ Classic McPvP with Casual. That could work while bringing revenue in to the table to keep the server up. You can have Different Tags. NEW Particle effects, crate system for “Credits” Not tokens. My states are still up on the leaderboard today at #2 and I don’t want to lose that. This idea could work if you rearrange some things. @cheater @Jadoo

1 Like

Truth be told I never was part of Mcpvp, but I can see that a lot of people like it, and it literally has made me feel like I was there for this time. I would like to see this back not only because many people want it but because it’s more fair: people always complain about the kits being unfair and are always saying “you won because your kit” or “this kit sucks that’s why i lost” but this would change the ideas. Just my opinion of course, but I am going to support this idea because comp was hella fun.

1 Like

“U won cause u have sharp 1 and I don’t”

3 Likes

yeah but that’s completely different than getting one shot stomped. if munchy did classic right, you would be able to tell what enchantments someone had by their nametag color like on mcpvp. I like the rotation idea however I know it will never be implemented, just like this idea as a whole

1 Like

bring it back please :pray:

Merged by CatTech

5 Likes

I miss mcpvp so so much, but many of those things can’t be brought back. The new community, which as cheater said is mostly not us McPvP veterans, are not interested in many of the old, skill based games. Let’s be real, hg failed, classic KitPvP doesn’t make money, raid failed with the death of MineHQ and failed on here, etc. Munchy needs to stick with what it knows and Casual KitPvP is the closest we’ll get to skill based soup in the current community. That being said, it would be nice to have a soup only warp such as the earlyhg warm up area in the old munchy hg. That gives a lot of soup practice, including recrafting. :slight_smile:

#NeverForgetMcPvP

I 100% agree with Ignorinq I loved mcpvp but sometimes you have to look at the healthiest option for the server.
That would be sticking with the current kitpvp. But can we actually get a real warp with the old mcpvp map or something? Even the old munchymc map was great.

2 Likes

This was made 7 months ago shhh

post was merged so I can post here if I want too. :triumph:

haha omg this is still goin on

1 Like