Beanep's Staff Application

beanep’s Staff Application

December 2020

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

• Yes. I joined MunchyMC in December of 2019 and played Wool Wars on multiple occasions, but started playing the gamemode on a daily basis around June 2020. Since then, I’ve been a very active player for the last 6 months.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I am able to record using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and upload videos with 720p quality and 60fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes. Although I am more familiar and active on Discord, I have gotten used to TeamSpeak3.

Application

IGN: beanep

Timezone: Horário Padrão de Brasília (GMT-3).

Languages spoken:

Portuguese [Fluent, first language] and English [Fluent].

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:

Wool Wars.

How active can you be per week?

-Being a Highschool senior in 2021, I will have the standard student schedule (busy in school days during the morning and studying around the afternoon), but here is how active i can be per week:

• Mondays to Thursdays: from 2PM EST to 7PM EST (at least 5 hours).

• Fridays to Sundays: from 1PM EST to at least 8PM EST (at least 7 hours).

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

• In my 6 months of activity on this server, I’ve only had one punishment: a 5 minute mute, since I was in a party with only one other member (my friend), I started spamming a message as a joke, which got me automatically muted for 5 minutes by the server’s mute system. After the incident I’ve been very careful with flooding and spamming the chat. Other than that, I haven’t had any other chat incidents and I’ve never been banned.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

• No, I have not applied for this role despite having a handful of people motivating me to do so in the last application season. I felt the need to get more in touch with the community, make a name for myself in the gamemode and assist in anything anyone needs that is in my power to help.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

• I’d say my reputation is very positive: I am known within the Wool Wars community for being very active both on the server and on the discord, being co-owner of the APPA clan (one of the most active clans on Wool Wars), having a few forum posts with very positive feedback (one of which was pinned in the Wool Wars topic), having made one of the maps that are currently in rotation with 4 other friends (Avatar Map) and submitted another map on the forums (Bathroom Map), among other contributions like helping individual players with situations that vary from a simple gamemode question, to tutorials on the gamemode, to payment issues, to hacker reports, and so on.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

• As an active member of the community, there are quite a few ways to contribute: making maps, giving suggestions, helping players, answering questions, getting involved in the community, reporting hackers and cheaters, etc. all of which I have been doing for the past months. But, as a staff member, there is so much more that I can contribute to and add to this gamemode and this server: I would no longer depend 100% on other members of the community to deal with situations I know for a fact i am capable and competent enough to deal with myself, like muting people who are being intolerant/toxic in the chat, banning cheaters and hackers who are ruining people’s experience in games, among other things. My #1 motivation to apply is the community: I want to add more to this beautiful community of wonderful people, ever since I started being active in the gamemode I fell head over heels for the members and how welcoming and nice everyone is. I want to not only be a part of that, but give something back to the community as a staff member.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

• I would rate myself an 8/10. Although I have no experience in moderating a community with the large proportions that Wool Wars and MunchyMC have, I have been learning through other people the behind-the-scenes of moderating communities and have been very interested in learning the process. I tend to handle situations, especially stressful situations, very calmly, being as reasonable as possible and always trying to understand other people’s sides. I’ve been the organizer and head of multiple projects involving the APPA clan, as well as organizing events like clan wars and a 16 people wool wars tournament. I’ve been complimented on my organization regarding all my projects: I constantly take notes, make spreadsheets and always keep a record of all relevant statistics. Being interested in working in the psychology field, I’ve learned how to deal with conflict both in theory and, multiple times, in practice.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

• I would rate myself 7/10 in this category. I am familiar with how the most used (on WoolWars) and most common forms of exploit look like and how they work: Bhop, Scaffolding, Fly, Teleport, Speed, KillAura, Reach, NoFall, Player ESP, Forcefield, AutoSteal, AutoClicking (which is tricky to detect but the anti cheat does help in this case, judging each player’s CPS) and Anti-KB (which is also a bit tricky to detect especially in Wool Wars). I will admit I am not very familiar with the more obscure, harder to detect forms of cheating but I am definitely willing to learn about them.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
You can view a playlist with all my recorded reports here.
All reports have music in them but I was told there’s no problem in that.

37 Likes

+1
Bea always has been very involved with the Woolwars community, she’s very friendly, mature, and overall a super helpful and amazing person. She’s a very active player, and active on the Discord too. I’d definitely like to see her as staff to improve the server even more as she does now. :)

8 Likes

+1
Hi beanep! You have a very good detailed application and you definitely deserve to be staff! You have a high level of activity and you are very known within the woolwars community as I have heard and seen.
Good luck bea!! :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

-1 removed the music from the hacker reports

Real rating

First of all, this application is very easy to look at and read. Very very well organized.
This is a great quality to have for a staff member!
Bea is also

• Very mature
  • Easy to talk to
  • Pretty helpful
  • 99.87% cool

I think you have a very very good chance of being accepted.
Goodluck!

6 Likes

AMAZING application
Beanep is really nice, awesome, cool, really cool, really really cool, and active on woolwars. She’s very helpful and devoted to the community.The application itself is really detailed and well written, and I would love to see her as staff.
+1111111!

6 Likes

+0.5

Now we are really good friends so PLEASE let this not effect our friendship. I think you are mature very nice and have a great app but I do think sometimes your emotions can drive your actions a bit and the way you don’t like dealing with conflict to a certain extent. Regardless you deserve AT LEAST helper!

Goodluck Bea!

7 Likes

+1

She would make an amazing staff. beanep is very active and appropriated in the community (especially APPA). She organized a lot of things, that shows her dedication to this server.

5 Likes

MASSIVE +1!!!

Bea is the kindest, most emotionally mature player you can find on woolwars. Shes one of the most well known players on the gamemode, and is a member of the most prominent clan, too. She displays a level of maturity and knowledge that is very rare in minecraft gamers, and I think (along with many others!) that she’s the perfect fit for the role of a staff position :)

5 Likes

+100000
Yes. Here’s why:
Bea is one of the most helpful people I know. Besides being mature, dedicated, and supportive of everyone, she is one of the most easy people to talk to; she’s a great listener. Easily one of the best qualities in a person, Bea possesses. Despite this being her first time applying, she is very knowledgeable about the game, and has everything it takes!
Good luck bea <3

6 Likes

+1

I would say that I feel that Beanep will be a great addition to the staff team, I always see her online and she Is always a friendly person in-game. I Wish you the best of luck!

8 Likes

Extremely knowledgeable about the gamemode
Super friendly
Extremely active

What else could you ask for in a staff candidate?

Big +1

GoodLuck beanep!!!

5 Likes

I dont think I need to say anything.

+1

5 Likes

+1 active

4 Likes

+1(wanted to add a lot of zeros but that would be spam)

I have seen you a lot online. And your application was so detailed. I am amazed!

GOOD LUCK!

4 Likes

@boriswoop @ZeePog @HELIXSREVENGE @eZammy @ZachDoesntExist @joekoe @NumberVI You guys have no idea how much these words made me happy! Thank you so much for all the support! :heart:

5 Likes

The same goes for @Emublockmaster @SkippoAPS @Ripshot @W4FI @ImKindaSilly and @Tehqy! Thank you so much for the +1s!!! :heart:

5 Likes

+100000000 Bea is an amazing person, very hardworking and dedicated, amazing to work with, very mature, responsible and helpful, very friendly and good under pressure. She is also very active and extremely sweet and works very good with the community. She knows when to call the right shots and in my opinion she is perfect for this role. Best of luck Bea, I am very proud of you! :heart:

4 Likes

+1, Bean is always on whenever I come to WoolWars, she is extremely friendly, and is mature. Good luck Bean!! :)

5 Likes

I will be giving you a rating for the following reason(s)

• brazil

+1

4 Likes

Still hasn’t given me beans. -1.

(An obvious +1 FOR SILLY BEANY)

5 Likes