ART COMPETITION - Myths and Legends

:mermaid: Hello Munchies! :merman:

From Greek legends to medieval tales, our world is filled with stories of an older time. We would like to see some Myths and Legends that are meaningful to you! Is there a mythic creature you adore? A story from your culture or upbringing? Or maybe something you just enjoy reading about! We challenge the artists of Munchymc to showcase these folk tales, be it magical creatures, or something else entirely!

This competition is for art in all its forms, from artists on all different servers - digital, traditional, animation, sculpture, comics, video, music, poetry, short stories, or something else! As long as you manage to stick to the theme, we will judge it.

:dragon:Theme: Myths and Legends :dragon:

The art does NOT have to be munchymc related (but can be if you want)! We just want to see your creativity!

Prizes:

The prizes for this competition are some snazzy buycraft vouchers supplied by the mythical and mysterious server master himself, BadBoyHalo!
These can be spent on shop.munchymc.com on anything of your choosing.
The first place winner will also receive the exclusive ARTIST tag in game, reserved only for the winners of our art contests! image

FIRST PLACE: $40 in buycraft (+ Exclusive Artist tag!)

SECOND PLACE: $25 in buycraft

THIRD PLACE: $10 in buycraft

Judging Criteria:

Ibby and Drag will not just be judging based on technical skill, but also these equally important categories:

• True to theme
  • Creativity

Rules:

• NO PLAGIARIZING (including tracing / incorporating samples of work from other people in your entry)
  • You may not team together, the art you submit should be entirely your own.
  • Your art should follow the MunchyMC rules (nothing inappropriate or rule breaking)
  • One entry per person
  • Art should be freshly made for this contest. Please do not re-use old art.

Not following the rules will result in disqualification and the eternal burning rage of DragonsMaker. You may also be prohibited from participating in future art competitions.

Staff members are most definitely allowed to submit entries

How to Enter:

Submit your entry as a reply to this post. Please include:

Your IGN:
Your discord tag (if you have one):
Your favorite Myth:
Your submission

Please submit your art in an appropriate, easily accessible format such as a .jpeg, .png or .mp4 file. Please make sure it is of good quality (well lit, good resolution, the image and/or audio is clear, etc.) so we can see just how gorgeous your creation is!

If it is in video form, please upload it as a YouTube video and post the link

:calendar: The competition will close on November 30th at 11:55PM BST (5:55PM CDT) and the winners will be announced a few days later :calendar:

Good luck Gamers!

If you have any questions, feel free to message Ibby or Drag on discord!

Bonus Poll

Has the book series Percy Jackson majorly influenced your knowledge about Greek Mythology:
  • Yes…… Rick Riordan is a mythic prophet who correctly guessed 100% of all greek legends. Anything that he did not say is false.
  • Who is Porcy Jakeson?
  • I don’t remember anything, I have not read his books since middle school and thus have forgotten to read.
  • Greek Mythology? What is that, a fruit?

0 voters

25 Likes

hey guys did you know im mcdonalds

I’m gonna be honest bro I was a huge History nerd back when I read the book so I already knew everything written there lmao

8 Likes

cool

4 Likes

AAAAAA GOOD LUCK EVERYONEEEEE

Can’t wait to see the phenomenal pieces of work :DD

6 Likes

good luck peopleeeee :D

4 Likes
DRAGONS

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

4 Likes
9 Likes

You got me at the first word, “Myth”. I must say, I am excited. Good luck everyone! :grin:

4 Likes

MACDONALD WHY

6 Likes

I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO VOTE BRO IT’S NOT MY FAULT???

5 Likes

McDonald’s it is a fruit don’t worry.

4 Likes

i read porcy jackson then legit read the source material

3 Likes

For the music category, do we have to compose our music?

3 Likes

as far as i know you can just submit the latest ed sheeran tune

7 Likes

I’m so excited! Good luck everyone, you’ll do great! <3

2 Likes

Hiya, yes all submissions have to be original work

3 Likes

Withdrawing my submission for something a lot better in the works, stay tuned 0-0

2 Likes

welp that sucks for me

2 Likes

IGN: MilotheIggy
Discord: MilotheIggy#3779
Your favorite Myth: Binding of Fenrir

Little bit of an expectation of this piece:
This is Fenrir the wolf from Norse mythology. He is one of Loki’s 3 children with a giantess. There is a prophecy that one of the 3 with cause distress to the gods so Odin punishes the other 2 children and Fenrir is kept as a pet to the gods.
Fenrir begins to grow very large, so the gods think it may be best to restrain him and they decide to tie him up on a remote island. However, Fenrir is so large and powerful that he breaks through any rope or chain used to bind him. The gods get the dwarves to make an enchanted rope and convince the wolf to come to the island. They say that they just want to try to tie him because he is so strong and that they will untie him afterwards. Fenrir is suspicious because the rope is so thin that it would be extremely easy for him to break through it. He agrees to be tied if one of the gods puts their hand in his mouth, which he will bite off if he is not untied.
Tyr, the god of justice, agrees. The wolf is bound and can’t break free, so Tyr’s hand was bitten off. Fenrir began to howl in rage and a sword was placed in his mouth. As he cried out madly, the river called Expectation formed from his drool. White heather flowers grew around the island to further prevent the wolf from escape. It is said that when Fenrir breaks free, it will begin Ragnarök, the end of the gods.

16 Likes

IGN: DevilishCrafty
Discord: Crafty#0161
Fav Myth: the myth that @danior will ever stop being cursed
MY SUBMISSION: Ladies and gentlemen, legend has it that Screenslaver has completely taken over the world of The Incredibles, and all heroes are completely covered in darkness. Take Mr. Incredible for example, he’s been completely trapped in darkness, and it’s shown in his disfigured body. I believe if you ever see this man in real life… you aren’t going to survive to tell the tale.

14 Likes