Aphrodisiacal's Survival JMod Staff Application - May 2021

Prerequisite Checklist

Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I joined just after Season 2 reset.

Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I use OBS and the Replay mod on Badlion Client.

Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: I have them downloaded and consider myself competent in both.

Application

IGN: aphrodisiacal

Timezone: British Summer Time

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): JMod

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): Survival

How active can you be per week? I am usually on everyday.
Monday - Friday (10:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
Saturday - Sunday (12:00 PM - 11PM)
(I have no life and just finished my schooling for the year.)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: I do not have any punishments on MunchyMC.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: I have not applied for MunchyMC staff before.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I believe myself to be well-liked amongst most players. I consider my repuatation to be firm but fair, everybody gets one chance with me and once they use it, it’s gone. I am very fun and chatty, always happy to have a laugh or help someone with a project but if they begin to be disrespectful or break rules I will not tolerate it.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? I believe that I can make a difference in the community and I want to ensure all players have an enjoyable experience. I have made many great friends through MunchyMC and those friends motivated me to apply for staff. This was mostly because of my prior experience creating a popular minecraft server named Olympus Networks. Unforunatly, the server ran out of funding very quickly and we had to shut the server down. However, the experience was not all bad as I gained valuable moderator experience. I learned acceptable reasons to punish players in a fair way and learned how to detect hackers. I also improved my coding abilities (I use java, CSS, python and HTML5).

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? 10, due to my prior experience moderating a community (explained above). I also have much experience being a discord chat moderator for large servers (250+ users).

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? 8, I learned valuable skills from my time as a Minecraft server moderator but there is much more that I am eager to learn and I believe that MunchyMC can assist me in that. I consider my current knowledge to be fairly good.
Hacks I can identify:
Kill-aura, Blink, B-Hopping, Fly, Jesus, NoSlowDown, Scaffolding, Phase, X-Ray, Tracers, Spam, FullBright (though it is allowed here).

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: None yet.

Thank you for taking my application into consideration.

7 Likes

Hi! Just a few formatting things:
I would suggest that you either put bullet points on all of it, or just put them on none of it. If you want to separate the pre-requisites from the rest, then I would suggest that you put one of these bad boys in:

(It’s just three underscores in a row).
Also, consider bolding the questions to separate them from the answers. There are several ways to do this: you can put in two asterisks on each side of your question, press control-B on Windows (or command-B on Mac), or you can use the little toolbar at the top of the post.

Otherwise, I would suggest you add a bit more detail on your ratings:

Why do you rate yourself a 10? Do you have prior experience? If so, then list it. Same with the next question: why do you think you are an 8 on identifying hacks? A good idea here would be to list some of the hacks that you know of, and how to identify them.
Finally, a few hacker reports is always good for an application. Hop on Purgatory and just watch some people for a while to get some easy ones! If you’ve only reported in the Discord, then just say that. If you’ve only used the /report command, then just say that too.
Otherwise, though, great app and I wish you the best of luck!
-Spectro

1 Like

Like I said in discord

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you got this girl :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

0.9+ U should add more info on some questions, but gl

1 Like

+1
very helpful

1 Like

+1

People often underestimate how often you contributed to helping others, and how you have a strong reputation demonstrating levels of maturity and responsibility. You have showed such a high amount of dedication to Season 2, and with a more adaptable schedule, you can definitely do a lot more here in season 3. You have so much potential, and I feel it’d be a waste to deny such a reputable and recognizable figure in the Survival Community. You have so much to offer, and I cant wait to see you using given abilities to help improve the community to be safer, and more enjoyable for all returning and new players in Survival Season 3. Keep up the good work! We believe in you <3

2 Likes

Hi there aph! Thanks for applying. You were a little less active recently so I’m not quite comfortable with offering you a position as jmod, but would like to give you a chance as a survival helper if you would be interested!
Message me on discord (Ibby#0204) to dicuss!

16 Likes

CONGRATSSS!!!

2 Likes

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATZZZZZZZZZ

2 Likes

YYOOOOO CONGRATS APH

5 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley:

2 Likes

GRAAAAAAAAAATS APH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :tada:

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

2 Likes

CONGRATS!!!

2 Likes

ahhhh CONGRATS!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on Helper!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats Aph!!!