2M Blocks mined / Thoughts / Quitting?

First of all, I want to clarify that English is not my first language. It may happen that I mess up some word order or grammar, so just be patient with me. Also, I’m not used to making forum posts in general but I want to talk about certain things and think that’s the best way to do it.

Many of you probably don’t know me so I make a short introduction. (Skip it if you don’t give a ****)

Introduction
My name is Timon aka “KawaiiGrill” or “Vacuo”. I’m 19-year-old gamer from Austria who mainly plays video games in his spare time. My gaming background is fairly simple. My main addiction started back in 2012 when I discovered a game called Minecraft. Long story short I played the game until I was completely burned out. After that, I moved on to League of Legends (LOL) which I spend my next 4000 hours worth of gaming in (for the curious ones my peak was D3). After I was burned out multiple times in LOL I got back into different games again. And after a long trip to random games, I ended up here playing Minecraft again. Also, an important sidenote is that I tend to grind really hard when I join new games or communities.

I started out on this server around the winter holidays (can’t remember the exact date).
I was a random washed up player with no previous experience on the MunchyMC-Network (as my Overview profile suggests I joined “August 24th, 2016” which was a casual visit to an older map of Prison, was super casual though can’t remember anything 5-10 hours playtime).
Long story short I accelerated quickly and became also known for being a “Leech” mainly because I thought that was the way to go if you want to get good items fast.
After I had a decent amount of items my grinding adventure began. I pretty much spend all my existing spare time during that time period. I mainly focused on never wasting CD (cooldown) of items and maximize my profit.
I usually mined about 100K blocks a day which resulted in a lot of dead “Sonic Pickaxes” (usually 1 full DUR a day, I will address this later).
On the “January 23th, 2018” I met my goal of mining 2 million blocks and surpassing everyone on the “most mined leaderboards”.

Now I wanna give some insight into my thoughts on this server and what lowered the fun playing:

• Item durability & Repair Passes: I think durability loss is a good thing but shouldn’t be so fast. When you actually want to grind and limited by the durability on a daily base it’s not fun. The fact that repair passes exist is good but I think they are to rare to be a viable option in most of the cases. Example: Perfect Sonic = approx 1.2M, LRP (Legendary Repair Pass) costs about 200-250k and results in a “Tier 1” repair most of the time (about 100 hitpoints) which isn’t satisfying at all if you actually want to get back to grinding. My idea here is to either increase the chance of passes you can find outside or buff the different tiers to fit the price (i know that people playing make the price but this is determined by how much they do for the cost)

• Achievements & Progress: Is lackluster in my opinion. There are some approaches to this but I think there should be a harder commitment to it because this is also a reason why people get motivated to do certain tasks like mining, PvP and much more. The “Thrift” is a good approach to this but I think there could be done so much more like items that upgrade with your progress (basically like the McPvP Baberian with the sword) or certain items you can obtain by hitting certain thresholds (1M blocks mined = couple of legendary crates or something else viable) which are not limited to high unachievable goals the average players can’t hit. (10K, 25K, 100K, 250K, 500K, 750K,… for example).
    Of course, this shouldn’t be limited to only mining but a lot of things like looting outside and PVP.
    This may also include “Prestiging” which can also have more benefits than a “Legendary Crate”
    Edit: Daily quest can also be a possibility (e.g mine certain blocks, gather quest items,…)

• Outside: This is hard to determine for a rather new player like me. First of all, I don’t think that the chest cooldown should be a thing. This, of course, is a thing related to the owners and I respect that. My experience with it is that you are forced to purchase some sort of rank to get a somewhere smooth experience in looting outside. Donors like myself included can just clear a big chest room in a fraction of the time compared to a non donor which is busy for a while. The main concern here is that you can get tracked more easily by other players or maybe waste a lot of the “Repel” duration which is also viable when you’re outside. I also hate the fact that new inexperienced players are slaughtered at the entrances when they go inside or try to leave after their first outside trip.

• Limited Possibilities: This includes all the disabled items and blocks you can’t place for some reason. I may not be able to determine why that’s the case but I think it limits players in a lot of ways and removes the creativity or style you want to express with your cell (e.g.: Water Theme → can’t use water & have to find alternatives). Also, I think it’s annoying that you can’t make certain contraptions in your cell because items like pistons, water, brewing stands and enderchests are disabled. Certain players still have enderchests and would sell those for a fortune (2M+). In my opinion, if you want to remove certain items from the players for whatever reason there is you should do it for the WHOLE player base because it should be fair for everyone.

• Alting: The rule enforcement in this department is kinda mushy. In the entrance, it says that “YOU MAY NOT USE ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNTS TO GET CRATES/MONEY”. For some reasons most of the people don’t respect that rule myself included. (I created myself the account “CaptainLev1” which i used about 3-5 days for using a Resetti pick) I asked some of the staff members including “EuFloaty” & TheRedVelvetCake" and both told me that using alternative accounts for purposes like “banking money” and “doing Resetti layers” is fine. Sometime later I asked an Admin if that is allowed and he told me it’s strictly forbidden which resulted in myself stopping to alt. In my opinion, this should be viewed more strictly in general and should be treated at the same level as cheating because you get an unfair advantage by using it similar to using “Killaura” for example.

• Server Moderation: This, of course, is my impression of the presence of staff members. In my opinion, there is a clear lack of staff members or motivated staff. I know that people have a “Real Life” too but when there is no staff member online for more than 6 hours I think it’s lackluster. When I look at chat I can clearly see the lack when people spam things, swear and use racist words all the time. It may only be my opinion that this offensive but there may be more players who think that way.

• Events: I think there is still a lack of events in general. In my opinion, there should be something to keep the players motivated. The main problem with the events is that they are inconsistent. The events themselves are not bad at all with some exceptions. Zombie King & Supply Drops should both be buffed because I think they are not interesting at all if they contain a URP (Ultra Repair Pass) 95% of the time. If you guys increase the chances for something viable to be in it you can expect a lot more movement and hype with those type of events (especially the zombie king which only can be summoned by a staff member).

• Mining: Not much to say here because it is actually fun with the items given. I appreciate the work the devs do in this department but there could be some new picks and mining combinations included in later additions. I think that there maybe should be a way to smooth out the growing curve of new players by adding a “mid-tier” pick to the mix which smooths the curve between Wario and Resetti.

• Competitive Integrity: Last but not least I want to talk about this topic. It may seem not as important to the average player but I think it should be treated more seriously. My main concern here is items like “The Fragmentor” & “Droid Battery”. I know I wasn’t participating during the time does items were made and distributed but I think they are unhealthy for a “competitive” setting. I added a screenshot down below. But for example, let’s look at the “Droid Battery” which is more OP one. If we combine it with new released “Rainbow Road Pick” you can mine all the blocks like creative mode which is not the intended way (intended way was to be somewhere slow but rewarded with the 3x RR blocks). For some people, this is not an issue but for me a competitive person who enjoys climbing leaderboards this ruins the fun because you can’t compete against items like this because they are OP and unhealthy for a “competitive setting”. I know that “Casper” achieved and obtained it back then because he collected a lot of items and was rewarded with it. What also bothers me that he gets it every map which makes it impossible for new players to surpass him & his crew in the leaderboards & much more. I think items like that should either be removed or should be a reward for the “Achievement & Rewards” segment.
    I know that I won’t be able to compete with players who started playing at the start of the map but I think it shouldn’t be determined by some OP items.
    Edit: Wasn’t really that neutral about that because he scammed me. All I wanted to say in that paragraph is that I think there should be other ways to make “OG” people like him recognizable for the achievements of the past. Maybe a cool name tag and a special tag in the forum for example.

• Voting: Self-explaining. Integrate the prison into the rest of the network and make the player base able to also obtain some interesting rewards for voting daily. (daily Voting Crate cough cough) This might also be a reason why the server doesn’t get that much attention can’t tell for sure though.

Conclusion
Overall it was a fun experience but there could be made some improvements to make it more fun. I know that prison might not receive that much attention because “KitPVP” is the main server of the “MunchyMC-Network” but with those improvements, it maybe is able to generate a higher playcount. I want to thank all the people who helped me out in the first couple of days and those which I communicated with on a daily basis.
That said I may make a comeback on the next map.

My Questions for the people reading this:
What do you guys think about those mentioned topics?
Do you enjoy Mining?
What could be done to achieve a more fun experience?

Bonus Question for a staff member:
How long did it take me to achieve the 2M blocks mined?

My Stats for the curious ones.

Sidenote: I would be interested in actually becoming part of the MunchyMC staff team. If some staff member reads this hit me up :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers KawaiiGrill

SCREENSHOTS:

Competetive Integrety

Afterthoughts: I think there is still some more explanation needed on certain topics. I will try to cover those in further additions. This was just an overview of things I think can be improved to get an overall better experience. If you read this … thanks for reading my thread/rant whatever you want to call it.

Kawaiigrill aka editing a post 10+ times #feelsbadman

@Callahan @Antfrost @ThunderPickles @thinkerpanel @restwhocaresabout

4 Likes

I agree with everything here and i hope all of your suggestions are implemented to prison. Great post, eventhough you stole my legendary :frowning:
~sowl

2 Likes

How long did it take you to write this thing?

1 Like

@Nikee Way too long because it’s not my tongue language. 1-2 hours.

First of all Nice post! :+1:
Thats how it looks when someone take the topic serious!

You have a lot of interesting comments regarding each topic!
I agree that on the topics regarding items and achievements…
It would be awesome if some kind of things could be done against this…

Regarding the Outside I dont mind it… I have 0 rank so i have that cooldown which is kinda frustrating but I understand that this is to give ranks more perks…

I think people always find some kind of way to obtain certain items if you try to look for small cracks in the system…

I never really figured out the rules about alting but I dont really use Alts anyway so it won’t really be a problem for me… But I totally agree that it should be clear what rules are allowed…
I hope for a 0 alting rule because people will then think twice before leaving prison

I feel like even more EU staff could be added… Idk but I feel like the server really is also trying to become more friendly to EU players though…

Competitive something… i dont even know that word but maybe another type of reward should be giving in the future to the player who gets prestige 1 first and so on…

I totally agree on the voting stuff… I dont vote at all because I mostly play on prison and therefor see no reason why I would want tokens…

Btw nice stats

2 Likes

@joha4732 thanks for sharing your opinions on those topics. Appreciated! :grin:
Hope this reaches some staff members of this server.

1 Like

Somewhere in your topic, i have read, that paying players get a boost in something, that a normal player doesn’t have, which is against the eula of mojang.

1 Like

@KittenKatja may be the case that this is included in the EULA but every server does that in some way or form. No way to stop servers doing that :thinking:

Not every server, but SvageGames for example is a hot topic, they made “eula” a bad word on both forum and ingame. xD

The servers i know either have permanent ranks or monthly ranks and don’t give any boosts in any gamemode.

1 Like

@KittenKatja it’s treated differently across various servers. This is a topic for another discussion though. I want to focus on above mentioned things in this thread. :grin:

You made a munchy forum post title into a youtube clickbait title

1 Like

@ItzRaid That’s all you need nowadays :wink: #clickbaitisloveclickbaitislife

Very True

I haven’t read any most of the comments on the thread, but I am replying to the title. My opinion is that you shouldn’t quit mainly for the reset of Prison most likely coming soon. gl doe

1 Like

aww :frowning:

I know this is old, but I miss you, pal :frowning:

From your friend, -TBNRaries

Haha, I love this sentence. The drama! The intrigue! :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to create this post; it’s evident that you are a passionate community member and you wish to see prison improve. There is good news. Many of the points you made are being addressed in Map V. I can’t give any details at this time, as it will be up to @DreamOnPvP to do so when the time is right.

Just please rest assured that the community’s voice has been heard and Munchy is striving to meet players’ expectations. I’m very excited about the new ideas and changes that are upcoming for Prison, and I think you will be too. So please hang tight for the upcoming map.

Also, you mention being interested in becoming staff. Please apply during the next staff applications season; we will be happy to review your application.

2 Likes

Good post (2years later)

Well dang, you even acknowledged it was 2 years later… good job :smiley: Follow the rules though.
If you want to let him know it was a good post, just heart the topic or send him a PM or something.

1 Like