ZombieBot1's Staff Application (January '22)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yep. I’ve been playing since April 2019, and I passed the 1000 day mark last December.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yeahp. Like many others I use OBS.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yeah. I’ve been using discord for a good five years now, and Teamspeak for about two. I currently use both of them on a regular basis.

Application

IGN:
ZombieBot1
Timezone:
EST
Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yep

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Jmod
Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Woolwars

How active can you be per week?
I can be on munchy for one to two hours a day within the following time frame:

All times in EST

[Monday] 3 PM - 10 PM
[Tuesday] 3 PM - 10 PM
[Wednesday] 3 PM - 5 PM
[Thursday] 3 PM - 10 PM
[Friday] 3PM - 10 PM
[Saturday] 7 AM - 10 PM
[Sunday] I use Sunday as a day off from video games. Despite appearing like a drawback, I’ve found that a dedicated game-free day helps me stay motivated and well adjusted throughout the rest of the week. Taking one day off assures that the other six days are the best they can be.

I am currently a student in high school, and my range of activity will fluctuate based on my workload.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I have two punishments, both from my pre-helper days:

• Five-minute mute - I was counting down from ten and automuted for spam.
  • Three-day mute - I said the word ‘nazi’ while I was in a private game with a friend, and was muted for three days. I had no malicious intent, and the matter was resolved via support.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I applied last May and was accepted as a helper. I’ve since worked to maintain my activity and cement myself further as a community member.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I believe that I have a great reputation on woolwars. I’ve made friends, played in events, and maintained an active presence on both discord, TeamSpeak, and forums. I’m also in charge of the woolwars section in the monthly newsletter. My consistent activity and outgoing nature have formed my reputation as a staff member who is confident, reliable, and approachable. Being accepted as a helper has advanced this further by allowing me to create a safe and inclusive environment throughout the gamemode. Each time I play woolwars, I hope to leave it a better place than it was when I logged on.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
When I first logged onto munchy, I was lost. I knew nobody and was worse at the game than I’d like to admit. I had no idea how to join the community, so I did the one thing I knew how to do: play. Each day I would sit down at my computer and queue woolwars for hours. Slowly, I began to progress. I met and befriended other players, I joined the forums and discord, I played in an unofficial event and vced with members of the community, I entered my first clan. I was more active in those months than I am even now. With time, I rose to become a prominent member of the community, and I’ve enjoyed it every step of the way.

Recently I’ve been remembering my woolwars story, and I’ve realized that I had more help with my journey than I ever knew at the time. I was only able to make friends because of the helpers who kept the chat clean and welcoming. I was only able to improve in skill because of the moderators who ensured my games were hacker-free. I was only able to contribute to community discussions because of the developers who strove to keep the gamemode fresh and dynamic. These volunteers have shaped my experiences in more ways than I can count, and I can’t thank them enough.

Over the past year, I’ve worked to give back to the server in meaningful ways. I’ve refereed for events, contributed to update discussions, written for the newsletter, and moderated the chat as a helper. Whether I’m muting a player for breaking the rules or simply hanging out with friends in the lobby, I strive to make woolwars a better place when I’m around. The most powerful way to give back to the community is to help people as others helped me, and becoming a Jmod will increase my ability to contribute even further.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I’d rate myself at a 9. I went into more detail about my moderating experience in my first application, but here’s the basic rundown:

• 2014 - Admin for a few friend group survival servers

• 2015-2016 - Moderator for snapcraft, an old server with several pvp gamemodes. I managed a minigame called earthgames and was responsible for regulating chat and banning hackers.

• 2020-present - Twitch and Discord moderator for several prominent woolwars streamers

• 2021-present - Helper and Newsletter Editor on munchymc.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I’d rate myself an 8. I have a good knowledge of most minecraft cheats, and I’m familiar enough with woolwars to tell the difference between hacks and kits (Feather vs nofall, Anvil vs antikb, Glider vs fly, etc.) I’m confident that with the tools offered to me through my rank, I’ll be able to effectively detect and punish hackers. I’ll also be surrounded by experienced staff members who I can learn from and ask for help.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Here are some hacker reports from before I was accepted as helper. Since becoming a helper, I’ve switched away from reports and instead used my resources as a staff member to more quickly alert moderators to rule breakers.

30 Likes

+1
Zombie is already a great helper :)
In the time I’ve gotten to know him, I’ve learned that he’s very responsible + mature and he’s friendly too :D
I’d be overjoyed if he got Jmod!!
gl zombobot<3 ZombieHot1

2 Likes

+1 ZombieHot1

GL

5 Likes

+1 Legit amazing person, never had a bad interaction with Zombie. Please promote this man!!

3 Likes

Zombie is very helpful and is extremely skilled at handling tough situations, through my time of being close to him he has shown he has the abilities to strive in a JMOD position. I think maturity in public chats could be improved, but overall definitely deserves the role.

(Won’t be giving a number rating as I think it takes away from the feedback)

3 Likes

+1

Zomb is really responsible, I think he’d be a great jmod. Good luck dude :]

3 Likes

Huge +1

Zombie is a great helper, and I’m certain he’ll be just as good of a jmod!

Good luck Zombie!! :D

3 Likes

+1 Zombie is already a great helper and I think he would make a good jmod!

Goodluck zombie!

3 Likes

+1
I don’t think there is currently a better candidate for WoolWars than Zombie.

Zombie is an incredible helper, and in my mind has the maturity and mindset of an admin.

I personally have had amazing experiences with him (and he bullied me on stream multiple times) so I wish the bestest of luck!

3 Likes

+ infinite number

Zombie is one of the most active, known, mature, and knowledgeable members of the community and a great helper!

I would love to see u in purple again :)
Good luck Zombie :orange_heart:

4 Likes

YOOO PURPLE ZOMBIE AGAIN??

Big big big BIG +1

Yes.

3 Likes

-1, this idiot refused to help me ratio a post, therefore he was NOT fulfilling his role as a helper and should be disqualified.

but I guess +2 for being awesome, hot, and having an even hotter mother.

8 Likes

+1
Always had nice interactions and back when I still actively played Woolwars, they were very active and helpful as well.
Good luck!

3 Likes

One of the most reasonable and kind people i have met here on munchy, ZombieBot shows that he is always willing to look on both sides of the story and is very unbiased. He’s also an amazing person to be around

If any of these candidates should get JMod, its him.

2 Likes

Zombie, you asked me ways back what you could do to be seen as a candidate for a promotion. I urged you then to prove yourself an exceptional member of the staff team and woolwars community.

I wish I could see some ambition from you. I have no doubt you will be accepted for a JMod position, however that is not an end goal, as I’m sure you know. I would love to see some really awesome contributions to the community, utilising the tools you have as a helper and the tools you will get as a JMod.

You are a great candidate, for sure, but I don’t view you as an exceptional candidate.
Good luck on the interview!

3 Likes

+1
Zombie Hot One

4 Likes

Jk. +1 because he is one of the best MunchyMC helpers (and will become Jmod ;) )

3 Likes

+2
I think you fit very well for the job as Jmod

• Avtive
  • Well known
  • Mature
  • Friendly
3 Likes

+1

Zombie already has all the great qualities a staff member should have, he is friendly, mature, active, and much more! Zombie is a great friend of mine and I believe he should DEFENITELY get JMod

GL ZOMBIE!!!

3 Likes

Amazing helper +1

4 Likes