WoolWars Kit Suggestions

WoolWars Kit Suggestions

This post is a post about the current WoolWars kits (more specifically, suggestions for the kit)! Currently, WoolWars has around 23 kits, all of which are unique in their own way. This post is meant to add suggestions about the kit! All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Note: The icon :mega: means that it’s a note. I don’t take all credit for all this.

Anvil Kit

This kit lets players take no knockback while shifting. This kit is pretty good IMO, but there are some things that I think should be added.

Suggestions:

• Make an Anvil noise when you try to hit a player while shifting. (Sorry I accidentally put it somewhere else.)
  • Let players with the Anvil kit be able to run faster when shifting. This would make it easier to not get knocked off when crossing bridges.

Archer Kit

This kit gives you a bow and three arrows. Every hit you get with the bow will get you a new bow, but if you miss a shot, you lose an arrow.

Suggestions:

• Give the kit a few more arrows (won’t be a buff because of the next suggestions).
  • Make it so players cannot get more arrows that could lead to more arrows being given for every shot. What I mean is if the player has 3 arrows from the kit and finds 4 more arrows, they wouldn’t continuously have 7 arrows after every shot. It would go down back to 3.
  • Add a cooldown for when the bow can be used (this should be rather short).

Bouncy Kit

This kit gives you Jump Boost 2 for the entire game and can be used to stack higher than others and is overall balanced.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Camel Kit

This kit takes 2 hearts from your maximum health every second on the sandstone, instead of instantly dying to the sandstone.

Suggestions:

• Bring back the Speed effect when on the sandstone. It was removed because it was considered redundant, but I think it would help with getting to the walls to stack back up faster without potentially getting knocked off when stacking. Plus, it’s fun!

Engineer Kit

This kit gives you a throwable TNT for every kill you get, and it gives you Redstone utilities.

:mega: This kit is commonly said to have “useless items” so some of my ideas will address this.

Suggestions:

• Remove the extra Redstone utilities.
  • Give more TNT for every kill a player gets.

Feather Kit

This kit lets you take only 3 hearts of fall damage. In my opinion, this kit is pretty balanced, so I have no suggestions.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Glider Kit

This kit will let you glide down when you are shifting. It still takes fall damage. If you take damage while gliding, it is disabled for a short amount of time.

:mega: This kit is somewhat controversial, which is why I have no suggestions.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Grandpa Kit

This kit gives you a Knockback I stick. When hit with the stick, the player gets Slowness for a couple of seconds.

Suggestions:

• Let Grandpas give players a 50% chance to give Slowness regardless of what item they have. (Credit to @uPlazma.)

Greedy Kit

This kit lets you automatically loot a chest that you right-click, and it puts on armour in the chest lest such spot is already occupied by armour.

Suggestions:

• Make it so the Greedy Kit does not add auto-armor. This would make it so players would not automatically eqip armour to make it slightly fairer.

Healer Kit

This kit starts the game with Regeneration and you get an Instant Health potion after each kill.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Knitter Kit

This kit grants the ability to break wool immediately, and it will get into your inventory.

Suggestions:

• With the proper tool, the Knitter kit should grant the opportunity to instantly break other blocks (excludes sandstone obviously).

:mega: Credit to @Plazmal, but it is slightly altered.

Ninja Kit:

This kit gives you Redstone that creates a platform underneath you when pressed.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Paladin Kit

This kit gives you full leather armour and a stone sword.

:mega: This kit, in my opinion, is pretty much only good at the very beginning when others don’t have things yet, but after a few seconds, it gets worse in my opinion.

Suggestions:

• Buff the armour and weapon. Everything in this kit you can already get in a chest, so I think a buff would be necessary. Here are some suggestions:

• Leather Armour with Protection 1 or 2
    • Chainmail Armour (this type of armour would be cool :eyes:)
    • Anywhere between 15-25% more damage from the sword

Pufferfish Kit

This kit gives you a Sharpness 1 pufferfish by the name of “Baboo.” It is the only thing you may attack with.

:mega: This kit is most commonly referred to as “useless” and is almost a meme kit, so I thought of multiple suggestions.

Suggestions:

• Let players attack with items other than the Pufferfish (to not make it obsolete and redundant, the suggestions below would be a buff to it.
  • When right-clicking Baboo, the nearest player to you should get Poison 1 for a certain amount of time. This would have a 30 - 45 second cooldown.

Pyro Kit

This kit starts you off with a Flint and Steel, and you take no fire damage and you get a fireball per kill.

Suggestions:

• Give Pyro a Lava Bucket and make fireballs do more damage to blocks and players (credit to @HanzoHattori22).

Salvager Kit

This kit is basically a crafting kit. From the Kit Guide:

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Speedster Kit

This kit gives you Speed 3 and when combat is turned on, Speed 2.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Spiderman

This kit gives you snowballs which turn into a web trap. In my opinion, this kit is quite balanced is incredibly underrated.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Teleporter Kit

This kit gives you 2 ender pearls, and you will earn another ender pearl every two minutes.

Suggestions:

• Make it so you earn a new pearl every 30 seconds, rather than every two minutes.

Tinker Kit

This kit lets you shoot lasers once every 30 seconds.

:mega: I believe this kit was nerfed (not 100% sure) and I think it should be rebuffed!

Suggestions:

• Buff the damage of Tinker. In my (and others’) opinions, the damage is too little.

Vanish Kit

This kit lets players right-click a cloak to make them disappear and reappear at a random spot on the map.

:mega: I don’t really have any ideas for the kit, but there are multiple bugs, most of which are being addressed as of now.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Vast Kit

This kit grants the player the ability to quickly place wool horizontally. This kit is pretty good for rushing and getting chests very quickly.

Suggestions:

• None for now!

Vision Kit

This kit grants the ability to show health (since health indicators aren’t allowed*) and you can see multiple things about another player with the kit.

Suggestions:

• If the Copycat Kit comes out, it should be part of this kit.

OR

• There should be a special item in-game that does some of this, so the kit would be removed.

Thanks for reading! If you have any feedback, it is greatly appreciated! Also, thanks to the work of the admins and developers who make these kits!

Thanks @IceBreaker420 for helping me by giving input!

10 Likes

Nice job as always!

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this LOL

2 Likes

Archer is as good as it is, it’s already hard when you miss even once.
Making the kit get soft-capped at 3 arrows will make it get that feeling of the line before even more frequently.
But of course, Anvil should get a buff, because it is not only immune to getting knocked off, just in case of it actually falling it should get more speed together with the no knockback ability. (sarcasm)

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for replying!

I somewhat agree. It is quite difficult when you miss one, but my first idea said:

I took what you said into consideration, with the kit being harder to use when you miss. However, more arrows could possibly fix the issue so it wouldn’t be capped at 3.

Thanks! :)

You could’ve just said you disagree :(

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

kinda pog

Beep boop appoves

2 Likes

I generally agree with most of this. there are a few things I’d like to bring up, however.

I don’t really see the purpose of this other than it being annoying. :man_shrugging:

I think that the “does not switch to better armor” attribute was purposely added, and shouldn’t go away. When playing greedy you are essentially exchanging choice for speed, and willfully letting yourself get carried away in the looting. I think that automatically switching to better armor removes one of the biggest drawbacks of greedy.

This would just give those knitters camping at the top of the map another advantage. Right now when a knitter is being annoying it’s definitely a pain, but you can always wait to get stone or wood to provide a counter for them, but with this change there wouldn’t be a whole lot stopping people from camping at the top with no drawbacks.(Other than teleporter and possibly glider)

I doubt that Devs/Admins are going to add enchantments anytime soon

As a teleporter main myself, I don’t actually think that we need a buff. Sure, it would be nice, but it doesn’t help with any of the actual problems that teleporter mains face(high skill cap for clutching, lots of self damage, aggro pearling is risky). If teleporter were to be buffed(which I’m not necessarily against) I would want it to be more meaningful. Something like pearl damage being cut in half or along those lines

As with teleporter kit, I’m not necessarily against these buffs, I just feel like it should be something more substantial. Right now in order to see someone’s health with vision you have to use the compass. The most common sense buff that I can think of would be to just add the health indicator over people’s heads(Only visible to people using vision). That way you don’t have to run away, switch to your compass, activate it, look at their health, switch back to your sword, and keep fighting. This seems like a really simple solution that nobody has talked about yet.

Again I think a lot of the ideas here were really creative; Excellent job as always!

3 Likes

Hi Vurm!
Here are my thoughts:

I think this already happens? (Correct my if I’m wrong)

I think not, the anti-kb is already really powerful, and this would just make it a whole new level.

Archer kit is completely fine at the moment it opinion, but your ideas are great too.

Yes. Camel is an underpowered kit as of now, and could use a buff. I think this would be perfect.

There are many ways the engineer problem can be approached, your suggestions seem good. Adding more throwing tnt may actually become overpowered if the player becomes experienced with killing using the tnt.

Good idea! It is also an underpowered kit compared to the others, and could definitely use an upgrade!

I like this idea, although I can see bugs happening if for example the player’s inventory is full and they swap out some armor, the old armor would have to be dropped etc.

I think not, Knitter would lose it’s name and it’s already annoying enough :upside_down_face:

This would still only make the kit viable for the first few seconds-minutes of the game. It should be kept how it is, it’s meant for getting an early game advantage.

Pufferfish is a troll kit, keep it the way it is :P

Fireballs should deal more knockback instead of damage in my opinion. I like the lava bucket though, could be used like a water bucket to save yourself from fall damage. (Lava camping may become an issue)

I think 2 is quite enough. You can already loot high chests if you aim it right, and have 1 to escape with (if you do well with your first).

I think Vision should just be removed. It could be replaced with a similar kit, but it’s really one of the most unused and redundant kits out there.

Great ideas and Great job Vurm!

1 Like

I would say 50% is a bit too much. Enemy with slowness is very easy to combo.
Other than that I like these ideas!

1 Like

Please

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the replies!

The point of this is to prevent players from assuming someone with the Anvil kit has Anti-KB and wants to report the player.

Yes, this might be intentional, which is why I’m not very solid with the idea.

OK fine, maybe you’re right.

Yeah, maybe. I put a list of options there for Paladin because one option might not work, as you mentioned. I don’t really think admins/developers would actually add enchantments, but it’s always worth a shot :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, you are fairly right. However, I was thinking about those who don’t really throw pearls correctly (i.e. me). I and others personally think the kit is good, but only if you know how to use it. You definitely know how to use it, but I was just because one of both of your pearls could miss. But I agree with you better.

I thought it did, but I haven’t encountered an Anvil in months, so I don’t really know at this point :/

Actually, now that I think about it, you’re very right!

I personally disagree because it can be seen as a more “annoying” way to collect tokens in the eye of others. However, I like the kit, so you have a point!

:+1:

Actually, I think you’re right!

:+1:

Yes, this is a drawback of adding the feature. There could be a lot of foreseeable issues such as bugs, and as I said to ZombieBot, this might be intentional.

Yeah, you’re right.

In my opinion, I disagree. I tend to find the kit not very helpful after the first 30 seconds of the game, and in my opinion, just like most other kits, it should be helpful throughout the game, hence the upgrade idea. But you do make a really good point that I understand.

I actually considered this, but why? ;-;

Yes, I agree. That was actually the word I meant to say, but I accidentally said damage.

Two enderpearls might just be enough. After what I said to ZombieBot, I originally wrote this idea considering the fact that this kit is good as long as you can actually use it. But I agree with you.

Yes, I agree!

Yes, that’s right.

Thanks for the replies @ZombieBot1, @JUST511, and @Aquarift!

4 Likes

that moment when you actually have an @ notification

1 Like

You are right meme

I’d like to know what munchy is doing to my comment?
All I wanted was to add an alternative text in case it doesn’t load.

19 February, 2021

I updated my idea and changed the following kit suggestions:

• Greedy - Changed from buff to nerf (No auto-armor)
  • Teleporter - Maintained its position (new pearl 30 seconds rather than additional pearls at start)

Hope you enjoy!

Camels are not supposed to be fast when travelling thru the desert. And trust me, this kit is already really OP and fun to use.

just, no.

The rest looks amazing as always, good job Vurm! (and IceBreaker420)

1 Like