Woolwars Events Tier List

Woolwars Events Tierlist

Hello everyone, Zombiebot01 here. This update has brought a lot of new events to Woolwars, and I thought it would be cool to rank them all on a nice tier list! In this post, I’ll be going through the tiers, explaining the reasons for each placement, and finally giving some feedback for how to improve each event. Let’s get started!

More info about rankings

You’ll immediately notice that S tier is empty. When I made this list, I decided to take the bugs of each event and factor them into the ratings. A lot if these events would be higher in the rankings if not for a few small issues holding them back. This update is still in its early stages, and I’m fully confident that events will get smoother with time.

A Tier

WAR - This is a great overall event. The concept of having a captain that your team must protect is a very creative idea, and I’m excited to see what strategies and tactics the competitive community comes up with. I think an interesting addition would be to add the war event as an optional private game modifier in which a party leader could assign specific teams and captains. It would open the doors for a lot of really cool community events.

LUCKY BLOCKS - I love playing this mode. The random events and unbalanced items make for a wild game, and watching the chaos of a 24 player brawl makes me laugh every time. More than anything else, this event is fun.

EVOLUTION - Another very solid event. The urgency of racing to get kills as fast as possible is really fun, and the mechanic of switching kits as you progress makes for interesting gameplay. This gamemode has a lot of bugs, though, as well as a few core gameplay issues that Six has brought up. If these problems were fixed, I would rank evolution as an S tier event.

B Tier

OP CHESTS & JUGGERNAUT - I’m ranking these two together because they’re so similar. Both of these have been hosted since before this update came out, and both are well-liked by the community. Overall a very nice pair of events.

C Tier

TURF WAR - Turf war isn’t a bad event, and it’s not a great one. There are definitely fun parts of it, but I don’t think it measures as high up on the coolness scale as some of the other events like lucky blocks and evolution. To quote Taylor Swift, “It’s not love, it’s not hate, it’s just indifference”.
Luckily, it would be really easy to spice up the gameplay to be more fun. I think it would be cool if people took damage whenever they stepped on a wool color other than their own. This, along with increasing paintball chest chances, would allow for cool plays where people try to trap their enemies onto the wrong wool color.
Another issue of the gamemode is that people aren’t encouraged to fight. Battling other players takes time away from placing your own wool, which leads everyone to just avoid each other and focus on placing blocks. A cool idea to fix this would be to make it so that if a player dies, all wool within a 5 block radius turns to the color of the person who killed them. This would give people a fun incentive to go after other players.

F Tier

HARDCORE - Hardcore has the same problem as turf war, but worse. Disabling natural regeneration isn’t very interesting on its own. An idea that’s been suggested recently is to cut everyone’s max health in half, which I think could be interesting. That idea, along with more good changes, could help push hardcore out of F tier and turn it into a gamemode people enjoy playing.

There you have it!. Those are some of my opinions on the the events of this update. Want to make your own event tier list or suggest more changes? The template is right here!

13 Likes

evemts

5 Likes

Thanks benep

1 Like

valid

1 Like

turf wars if as ive never played it!
juggernaut would be c or b but sandstone being disabled is really strange
lucky blocks my beloved

3 Likes

When setting up events, hosts are able to manually change the sandstone speed. Next time someone is about to host you should remind them to enable it

2 Likes

Screenshot (158)

S Tier

Evolution is by far my favorite. Part of the reason I think is that one of the more fun kits (when there’s a significant amount of players at least) is CopyCat and this is similar to that in the sense that you switch between kits. Lucky blocks is also cool but slippery fingers makes me sad.

A Tier

OP Chests is cool. Not as interesting as evolution or lucky blocks but it’s fun having OP items.

B Tier

War (I think that’s what this icon was anyway, I might’ve accidentally used the juggernaut icon) is pretty fun. I do think it’d be good if you respawned close to or on your captain (as you do in War on kit) but it’s overall a pretty good event, even if not as good as the one’s in A and S tier.

C Tier

I think sandstone would be a significant improvement to Juggernaut. Currently it doesn’t even feel like WoolWars, but more like the juggernaut event on kit (except on kit they don’t have OP gear).

F Tier

Turf War I dislike because it’s just spamming blocks. There isn’t really any reason to kill people currently since you’d be better off placing blocks in that time and similar to juggernaut it doesn’t really feel like WoolWars that much. Hardcore just seems kind of underwhelming. Admittedly I haven’t ever played it but it seems to me like it’s just everyone with a challenge, I don’t really think in it’s current state it’s different enough to be that good as it’s own separate event (but this is just what I think, and as I said I haven’t actually played a hardcore event yet).

Edit:

I believe this is only available to jmod or event and above, when normal players host events all we can choose is the type or event and how the teams are arranged (1v1, 2v2, 50/50 etc). I couldn’t tell if you meant this in your reply, just putting this here in case.

5 Likes

ok this is more valid

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 3.10.33 AM
s-tier: lucky blocks is a solid s-tier in my opinion. everyone i’ve talked to loves it and it’s chaotic but not overwhelmingly so. i love the concept of war but almost every single game i’ve been in has been very very buggy. the captains being random often causes the two captains to be very different skill level but i don’t have a better idea so i can’t really complain. low s/high a because of the bugs

a tier: turf war is not a-tier but i placed it there because i enjoy it a lot more than the events below it. i think it’s fun but it doesn’t feel like woolwars and instead a completely different game on woolwars maps. it’s the only event that isn’t based on pvp which is refreshing

b-tier: i like this version of the juggernaut event a lot more than the mod hosted juggernaut event! the sandstone being nonexistent in juggernaut was strange at first but i personally don’t think it should be added. it would change the event from what it is now to a completely different event where 90% of juggernaut deaths would be to sandstone and it would be a problem on maps that aren’t covered in large platforms

c-tier: i agree with iron in that hardcore shouldn’t really be a separate event in its current state but it’s not unenjoyable at all, i like the slight challenge it brings. there should definitely be changes made though (half health seems excessive. i think half health + natural regen or no natural regen + minus three hearts from max health would be cool). i have yet to play in an op chests game but it just seems like normal woolwars with a small twist, similar to hardcore

f-tier: i like the concept of evolution but i’m not a big fan of how it actually plays out, it’s super messy and chaotic and i’m just not a big fan. i think it’d be kinda cool if the kits were randomized instead of having a set order every single time. definitely ranked this based on personal enjoyment rather than the concept but it’s just way too messy to be enjoyable for me

3 Likes

I was gonna make a favourite events poll but this is also good

S TIER

Evolution: Just such a fun event. Pretty much perfect imo, fast-paced like Woolwars should be and really fun to test your skills rapidly with each kit that comes along. Requires a lot of skill to actually win, but is still fun for newer players as they get to test out loads of different kits. Some UI improvements like the leader’s kit on the sidebar would be pretty nice.

Lucky blocks: CHAOS I LOVE IT SO MUCH. You never have a clue what’s gonna happen, and it’s so completely unfair. Absolutely amazing event, although even more lucky block possibilities would be great.

OP chests: I love this event because it accomplishes OP chests without long, drawn out games. Damage can still be very lethal, so it isn’t just a case of tanking until someone eventually manages to knock you off a ledge. I love collecting different tiers of items, and as someone who hosts events this is a fun one to customise.

A TIER

Juggernaut: I put juggernaut here because of its potential. As it is, definitely not my favourite event because the best strategy for jugger is just sitting on the ground and three shotting anyone who challenges them. Juggernaut NEEDS sandstone to force the jugger to move vertically and risk taking fall damage. Also, maybe changing the feather falling 3 to feather falling 1 or 2 would be good.
With some changes though, this could easily join the S tier.

B TIER

War: War is another event with lots of potential, but right now it just feels a little weird to play. You don’t really feel the importance of keeping your captain alive, or the impact when they die. I think some big thunder noises and screen popups would do a lot to aid the event, and maybe spawning near your captain would be good too.
Another kind of unavoidable problem I have is when your captain is potatoboy2013 and the other team’s captain is SolusContinuum. It just feels a LITTLE imbalanced when the randomly chosen captains are so different.

Turf war: Yet again, so much potential. Right now, turf war is a little dry to play with paintballs only spawning once per chest and kills being totally useless. What would make this event better is if kills spawned a lot of coloured wool for the team and paintballs were a lot more common. If the entire map was covered in colour by the end of the event, it’d be really fun and exciting to play.

C TIER

Hardcore: I placed hardcore lowest on the tier list because it just is too similar to regular games to be all that interesting. I also think it is the event with the least potential because of this.
Maybe hunger could be introduced to the gamemode as a way of healing and something to watch out for? I’ve always been interested to experience the hunger mechanic in Woolwars, and I think that in this event it could be a pretty interesting thing to watch out for.

F TIER

None of the events are F Tier for me. They all have interesting aspects and a LOT of potential for some of them, to the point where if the correct changes were made I genuinely think they could all be in S Tier (apart from hardcore).
The new event system is amazing, and I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate all the updates that have been coming to Woolwars lately. The gamemode is beginning to feel so polished, with so many different engaging aspects to keep players hooked. I’ve been really enjoying everything implemented, and so much effort is being put in to make the gamemode special.

4 Likes

I like mddey’s one hit one kill event, too. It was just a fun new way to play the game. They should add to regular events this.

1 Like