Woolwars Events Don't Feel Like Woolwars

Right lads, as it says in the title: i feel like most of the brand new events dont really feel like the gamemode we know and love.

Events like juggernaut and evolution feel much more like a PvP fiasco than a woolwars game, and i have a theory as to why that might be:

What are the core principles of Woolwars?

• The floor is lava
  • Gameplay moves forward by going vertically

Some events completely remove the sandstone element, which is crazy!
But the main problem i have is the respawning part of a lot of the events.
I think spawning somewhere random in the map removes the vertical pushing element of WW that js very important. My suggestions are two options:

• Spawn somewhere on the sandstone with 3 seconds of invulnerability or until you hit someone
  • Spawn a block or two above the sandstone, with a wool block (prob the colour u chose in ur settings) underneath you

What are your thoughts? Am i alone in feeling this way abt events?

9 Likes

I like the idea. Vertical gameplay is what makes Woolwars as fun as it is, and I’d love to see that carry to events.

1 Like

I completely get where you’re coming from with the sandstone thing, and I think it is definitely what makes Woolwars so strategic and enjoyable. If juggernaut had sandstone it’d be absolutely great.
I like respawning though, and evolution is my favourite event. It’s so fun to rapidly switch between kits and get kills rapidly. I do think your second suggestion would benefit evolution a lot though, as right now respawning right next to people feels a little unfair.

3 Likes

Events are supposed to change how WoolWars feels! By design they give you a new way to play the game, whilst keeping the similar concepts of maps, kits and loot.

The events on Kit are the exact same - for example in no way is Water Drop or Red Rover similar to the KitPvP gamemode, but that’s okay because it’s by nature meant to be different.

The update is still very new, so there will surely be tweaks, changes and bug fixes made based on the community feedback, so stay tuned for that! There are definitely some interesting ideas here that I will have a think about.

I had thought about spawning near the sandstone, but I feel like that puts people who die at a HUGE disadvantage and could lead to tactics like spawn killing with bows.

11 Likes