Wool Wars Suggestions

I have some possible suggestions for wool wars:

1. Heavily reduced fall damage
  2. Reduced tnt damage, so that we can tnt jump
  3. Better kit balancing, so the free kit isn’t the most op kit.
  4. Make kit unlocks random, so that players pay a certain amount and a random kit is given.
1 Like
  1. I personally believe the fall damage is balanced. The feather kit is for reducing fall damage if the player wants to.

2. I like this idea, but this would make dropping tnt on people undoable, since they get no damage and can ‘fly away’ with the tnt boost.

3. The kits are already balanced (imo) and im not sure, but I think the free kit changes every week or month. (not sure about that).

4. This would make no sense, as some players would have better kits by luck. This would be unbalanced.

3 Likes

Hi, here are a few of my opinions on some of the ideas you’ve listed

1 - I’m not sure why we’d need heavily reduced fall damage, it seems fine to me as it is right now. I’d definitely like to see permanent resistance 1 for everyone to make fights last a bit longer and have less 3-4 hit kills. As Dryc said, the feather kit is there to reduce fall damage and reducing it by default would give feather an unneeded nerf.

2 - Reducing TNT damage would nerf using tnt to blow people up normally and I don’t think that’s needed , though tnt jumping would definitely be cool :+1:

3 - Kit balancing is definitely a thing that comes up a lot, mainly around the 2 kits dominating woolwars (glider and bouncy) but I’m not sure what you meant by “The free kit” as the most OP one.

4 - I like the current kit buying system since I’d be paying for something I wanted rather then getting a random one that I might not like playing

Edit: Halloween kit resistance 2
Edit: Remember halloween kit effects are not permanent. It’d be the same as the current resistance 1 from the halloween kit except it’s 2 (This would only be added if perm resistance is added aswell)

7 Likes

This is what feather kit is for.

I don’t think this is necessary, and players could no longer use tnt to kill people. Perhaps make some changes to fireballs for fireball jumping instead?

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by “the free kit,” but I think kit balancing is being worked on to make all kits equal with each other, except for pufferfish, which is the most OP kit meant to be a challenge kit.

I am strongly against this. This would be an interesting thing to add along with being able to unlock kits along side buying them normally, but if this is the only way to buy kits it would be annoying to only be able to spend tokens and get something random.

Edit:

Halloween kit can already give the player resistance 1. Adding this would make it quite a bit worse IMO since that’s one of the better effects it can give.

I still don’t think this would add much to the game. It would also make it easier to run from a fight and just run forever (like with glider).

2 Likes
  1. The fall damage is perfect as is, if you want less fall damage, use Feather.

2. Less TNT damage would be fun to have TNT jumping, however the issue with the matter is TNT kills. I’ve used TNT as a smokescreen, and on thin islands you can use it to kill your opponent with fall damage.

3. The kits are balanced as they need be. If you want to play a kit that is not overpowered in the slightest, use Vision. Use Glider if you want to use a overpowered kit. Not all kits are the greatest, however there is a kit for practically every play style.

4. I am kind of unsure on making kit unlocks solely random, as you could get the best kits purely on luck. However I would think if we did something like how Hypixel uses the Soul Well in Skywars. However I don’t think it would be the best thing to implement necessarily. As I believe it won’t be a good system in the slightest.

1 Like

If you have specific ideas for kit balances you think would be good we are always open to suggestions :blush:

2 Likes

1- Just use glider lol
2- Just use glider lol
3 - Just use glider lol
4- Why pick a random kit when you can have glider

(woolwars has a problem lol)

2 Likes

+1 Active

4 Likes

w-w-w-w- whatatttt??? excuse me?lk/'jlk

you make me want to commit ctrl+w c1

1 Like