Widow123456's First Staff Application | December 2020 (Prison)

Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I joined first joined Munchy in October of 2015 and played very regularly for around a year or two I then subsequently quit and then came back to MunchyMC around the middle of 2019, and have been playing very actively since then especially in the prison server.

Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I am able to record as well as upload high-quality videos as I have OBS and Fraps downloaded, and can also utilize Nvidia shadowplay if need be.

Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I regularly use discord for hours each day and have used TeamSpeak numerous times in the past, and know my way around both discord and TeamSpeak very well.

Application

IGN: widow123456

Timezone: AEST

Languages spoken: English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Just prison for now :)

How active can you be per week?: I actively play anywhere around 10 hours every day on MunchyMc with 99% of that being on the prison server

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of the story:

Yes, I was falsely auto-banned due to a glitch in January of 2017, I simply attempted to set my lands chest tax to a negative number to see what would occur and upon attempting to do so I was auto-banned, and then later on in February 2017 I exploited a money duplication glitch and was banned for my actions my side of the story is fairly simple I was less mature (as I was only 13 at the time) and simply thought it was a really easy and good way to make a lot of money. Obviously now I realize my actions were wrong and if I were to find a similar glitch now I would report it to a member of the staff team so they can deal with it.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

No, I have not this is my first time applying for staff on any server.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I believe my reputation in the community is very positive as I always try to help anyone I see asking for it in chat, be it questions, advice, or a request for help I am active in different discord servers as well as just in the server chat and I have always tried my best to be as positive and upstanding as possible, as I simply desire to make friends or at least be neutral with as many people as possible. As well as this I am quite well known amongst almost all “elite” prison players or those that actively play due to my status as an avid looter I am also friends/acquaintances with Whippingcream, Saladbutter, and Gould_.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I am interested in this role as I have noticed that during the times in which I am active there is often a lack of moderation in the server especially later on in the map when people are less active and as such, I would like to help make the server better by providing moderation during those times in which I can play, whether this is just warnings, kicks, mutes or assisting players stuck outside I would just like to improve the MunchyMc server.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

In all honesty, I would have to say my knowledge in moderating a community is relatively low and around a 7 or 8 as I have little experience outside of moderating my old discord server, however, I have watched how other staff members have handled situations in the community, and I believe I am fully capable in acting in a similar manner and would be able to moderate a community well.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I believe I have a fairly reasonable amount of knowledge over Minecraft hacks and cheats, as I used to very regularly watch BBH or other YouTubers videos of finding, identifying, and punishing hackers as well as this I have previously used the vape client (in 2016 or possibly even earlier than this, however, the client has long since been deleted from my computer) to play on 2b2t and other anarchy servers and as such I believe my knowledge of Minecraft hacks and cheats as well as my ability to find and identify cheaters to be around an 8.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have only submitted one hacker report to MunchyMC here is the link to the youtube video i uploaded and used in the hacker report :slight_smile: “Brodeur cheating - YouTube”

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

3 Likes

hey thee buddy i read ur application and I’m impressed but it doesn’t have much detail so it will be a +0.5

1 Like

Hey! A few things.

What do you mean by hours/day? Do you mean that this is what you can help moderate in a day?

Are you noticed by anyone besides the new people in the game, such as ranked players, or moderators?

They won’t give you as many perms as you’d think as a trainee, such as ban, kick, etc. They only give you mute/warn, and I think that’s it until you get promoted.

If you have watched people before, and have done it before, why do you say that it a 6/7? It would be a slight bit higher, unless you do not know hacks and such.

After three years of being on the platform you haven’t caught a single hacker? That seems a bit strange.

Extra Notes

• Slight grammar issues
  • No evidence of video proof for hackers
  • Haven’t seen you online, if at all
  • High detail
  • Seems pretty good in these kind of servers

+0 (Neutral) from me.
Best of luck, and Happy X-Mas! :snowman_with_snow:

Hey, thanks for the reply and I’m interested in making my application as detailed as possible so what would u recommend I add to the application?

Yes actually go to the accepted staff app or look at applications that are detailed like really really detailed as a example a alot of people told me my staff app was very detailed so you can look at that or look at the accepted staff apps.
it will give u a general idea on what kind of staff there looking for.

Hey thanks for the response and the advice ill respond to ur reply now and will edit my application at a later date once I have received more criticism and advice from others

by hours/day I mean, that is how often I play the MunchyMC prison server, it obv changes day to day as I do have IRL obligations as well but depending on the day it can be anywhere from around 5 hours to 10 hours

I’m a pretty well-known player by a lot of the mafia rank players and the people in the top gangs, as well as this I’m friends/acquaintances with WhippingCream, Saladbutter, and RedVelvetCake

I’m fine with just being able to mute/warn people as during a lot of the times I play like I said there is very little moderation if at all with a lot of the time there being only 1 or no staff members online, and I just want to help prison be a better place if even only a little

I said it was only a 6-7 because I’m trying to be realistic with myself as I’ve never truly dedicated myself to finding hackers/cheaters on a Minecraft server before and I have no real personal experience with catching them, although perhaps I could/should have put a higher number there.

I haven’t caught any hackers because quite simply I haven’t really had the chance to? I’ve been looting outside probably 90% of the time I’m online and when outside running into people is fairly rare and when I do find people I generally try and reach a peaceful conclusion rather than a fight so with my particular playstyle I don’t believe I’ve ever even encountered a hacker myself while playing prison, I’ve found/seen a few suspicious people however they were suspicious enough for me to warrant creating a report on them, obv with a staff rank I would take the time to investigate further into these people and judge whether they are cheating or not after gathering more information

when editing my application ill make sure to fix those grammatical errors thank you!

sorry I don’t have any video proof because again I don’t believe I’ve encountered many if any hackers

I’m online ALOT every day this is evidenced by my no.2 rank on chests looted (hopefully soon to be no.1) if you haven’t seen me online its likely due to the time zone difference which is again one of the reasons I want to become moderator so I can moderate those times in which fewer people are online

Thank you and Happy X-Mas to you too!

Hey widow ! I’ll give you a 0.25 because your application is very short in my opinion and i would like to know more about you in each subjects as possible but its clean and 5 to 10 hours each days to moderate is very good, you don’t have any experience as a staff member but i think munchy will be a good start for you :)

Best of luck ! SmogX

I’d highly recommend finding hackers if you can record in high quality because that is what you will be doing as J-mod because you can not give bans then.

+1

Very active, friendly, and has a nice and detailed application. Although you have no experience, I feel like you could get the hang of it. Good luck

Also, the “Brodeur Cheating” clip shouldn’t be used as a hacker report.

I was not hacking, I was simpling using a keybind to keep reconnecting to prison after getting disconnected every seven seconds for being temporarily banned. You recording anyone doing this will not help the server because those players are already banned.

@akaiprofessional Um purgatory reports actually count cause even if they were banned they still not allowed to cheat there so if they did they might get temp ban from the server even from purg

In addition thier hacking in purg can help them get unban by cheating

+1 always on, never seen him toxic

+1
Amazing Application
I really enjoyed reading this application.
Have a great day!

If you even watched the video, you would know that I am temp banned, not purgatory banned

There’s a big difference, of course you wouldn’t know, if I was a new player I wouldn’t know either.

Please don’t flood staff applications with meaningless things like this. It’s not up to you to evaluate their hacker reports; while you can leave an opinion, it’s disrespectful to continue flooding Widow’s staff application.

Mddey is a helper, by the way.

1 Like

I had no way of knowing that u were already banned I simply saw what looked like u abusing the logout invincibility with a macro in order to attack me and reported it, and for the record not that it matters since i can no longer edit or change my post i have since made another report of a different player blatantly b-hopping and using anti-kb

Yeah, I just realized this. Sorry.

Good luck man! :+1:

Hey Widow, unfortunately you were just shy of being accepted, however I have a different opportunity for you! Message me on Discord @ BFI01#2202 for more info!

3 Likes

Congrats!!!

Congratulations Widow! :partying_face: