Why I like Purgatory

Purgatory is so unique, to an outsider it may seem odd that someone would care so much for a simple and often forgotten server, but it is living proof of the strength of a community. While some can argue it is the most toxic and dangerous place on Munchy, I choose to believe the opposite.

Light shines brightest in a dark room

What I mean by this is 1 good act when you are surrounded by toxicity is more important than a good act when surrounded by positivity. This is because the action carries more weight then the latter.

By just showing someone how to make an appeal you can help them get back to playing on a great server, and hopefully dissuade them from cheating ever again.

By reporting a player, you keep purgatory safer, and stop hacking players from earning a unban. You also help staff by letting them spend time moderating the server instead of purgatory.

Call me an idealist, call me too philosophical or sappy. But helping people scratches an itch, and it’s so easy to help people on purgatory. That’s why I like purgatory.

Now tell me what your favorite Gamemode is, and why. :)

17 Likes

This reminds me of when I used to be a purgatory main back when I first discovered /adventure.

My favorite gamemode is: Survival Games

Despite not having many players, it’s pretty fun when a game does start, especially if you know the map you’re on well enough to know the locations of tier 2 chests, enchanting tables, etc.

6 Likes

Woolwars, because the community is great

7 Likes

I love survival :smiley:
the community is great and it’s a really chill place whit a lot of awesome people making some awesome projects and just having fun :smiley:

7 Likes

I love prison because the good part of the community is really cool and fun. I love having cellmates that help me and i help them achieve goals or what ever they are doing. Pbs are super fun as you get to test out all the items and understand what lots of them do

4 Likes

WoolWars, the community is wholesome and the gamemode itself is very unique (its Munchy original after all!) and the different kits and awesome gameplay makes me always love to play on it

7 Likes

I like purgatory too, its feels pretty cool to being able. To help the server to stop hackers,
and all that :3

4 Likes

mine is survival, but the community that survival calls its own makes wonder if it really is my favorite

5 Likes

My favourite gamemode is uhhhh ummm idk

I really like woolwars being an original gamemode with a fun community and lots of events

I like survival but not as much with the decline of playerbase and newer generations of players can be less wholesome then previous ones, and drama happens more often than not

I’ll probably have to go with woolwars in that case :+1:

5 Likes

Woolwars for sure, mostly because unlike Kit I’m actually good at it o_o

4 Likes

My favourite gamemode is KitPvP! Even though i’m not good at PvP whatsoever, the non-toxic part of the community is great and it’s overall very fun to practice PvP and try to get better at it.

5 Likes

I enjoy WoolWars out of all gamemodes since like Mddey said, It’s MunchyMC’s original gamemode you wont really see WoolWars on popular servers outside of Munchy.

It’s really fun and easy for new players to get used to and it really allows people with different play styles to use it in however they want. an example: Rusher, Defense, Anchor and even flat out playing like an ape.

In conclusion: WoolWars is a really user friendly game mode and its fun and easy to get a hang of.

4 Likes

woolwars is my fav mode by far because it’s perfect. Need I say more?
Also I play it more than KitPvP cuz i’m trash at soup, I couldn’t get a kill if my life depended on it

4 Likes

Well, being muted on munchy really stinks, and there’s no place better to reflect on the actions you’ve done than purgatory itself. I’ve spent hours there just reflecting on my mistakes, why I did them, and how I can improve. It’s actually a really emotional place for me where I look on the landscape and think - “I belong here”. It’s truly a unique scenario with me, which is why I love purg. I look back on it and realise that the hackers and me aren’t so different, we both made mistakes and both weren’t educated in our ways until it was too late. You really start to sympathise with those who are in the wrong once you become the person in the wrong yourself. TLDR: I like purg cos I reflect on sins.

3 Likes

“The brightest spot of a shadow is in the center.”

1 Like

My main game mode is survival.
I really liked the community but sadly lately it’s been dying down on player counts and more and more I’ve become less active on it.
I’ve been finding myself often playing woolwars once I become bored on survival. Survival will always be my home but hopefully I can find some motivation to start being more active again :purple_heart:

3 Likes