Whippingcream's Staff Application - May 2020

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: yes I joined MunchyMC in August of 2016

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: yes, I have obs installed.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: yes.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: whippingcream

Timezone:

Languages Spoken: English

Server you would like to moderate: Prison

How active can you be per week? Quite recently because of the pandemic I can be active almost all the time when I am not asleep. Normally (when I attend school) I am on from 2-6 hours a day.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I joined MunchyMC in August of 2016, but shortly after, I left because of the fact that I was not that involved with the players in the community. I came back one day in 2018 and got in touch with some old players, then I got heavily involved with the players in the community. I got attached to the players on the server and the server itself, which made me want to settle in and stay awhile.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story: Yes, I have multiple soft mutes because I was sending too many messages too fast and might have some actual mutes from staff members from back when I joined in 2016, when I was a lot younger and immature. The biggest punishment I had was probably back in map 2 of prison when I was, again, a lot less mature than I am now, as any 11 year old would have been. Back in map 2 of prison I duped money with a glitch and got put in this box thingy or ‘jail’ for the rest of the map, comparable to a temp ban.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: No, I currently don’t have any past moderating experience.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience? I have a brief understanding of what it is and how it works. If the anti-cheat detects someone that is ‘for-sure’ hacking then it automatically bans the hacker, but if it detects something that is not ‘for-sure’ but still suspicious it sends a message to a moderator or higher telling them that ‘said’ player is possibly cheating.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: I currently have no reports for hackers because either, ares does its thing and bans them or I inform a moderator and the moderator does their job of dealing with the cheater.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member? So far as a non-staff member on prison I have been replying to new players’ questions and helping them understand the server and all of its aspects a bit better.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team? From my presence on the staff team, I will benefit MunchyMC by using my ‘set’ commands (which are the only things that change when you receive moderator) like going in spectator or vanish to catch cheaters or players that interacting in bannable situations and then punishing them whether that be through a mute, ban, or kick.

How do you work when in a team? Within a team, I feel that I work very well and do my best to consider what the other person(s) are thinking so we can work more as one unit and not just a bunch of people trying to work cohesively.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why? I believe tracers is the hardest hack to detect because anti-cheat does not pick up on this, and from a moderator’s perspective at one glance you cannot tell if a player is going directly towards another, they could just be walking towards a specific location. If you suspect a player with tracers it is a long and tedious process of 1) knowing that the player can not be located normally and 2) actually catching the cheater in the act, because if this is the players’ first time using tracers to locate a player, no moderator would be constantly watching the cheater.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I have not applied for staff here before, but I have applied for event. My event application was turned down because of my inactivity on KitPVP, but the staff member who denied my application also said I was very active on prison. From that information, I improved by choosing a server on this network that I am very active on.

8 Likes

+1
Easily one of the nicest, most kind people I’ve met. If there’s anybody who’s truly mature and ready for a position like this, it would be him.

2 Likes

+1, whipping is a super active person on Prison and is very interactive with the community. A very nice and relaxed guy to talk to on Discord, maybe one of the most mature people out there (I should learn). I believe he meets all the requirements a good moderator would need.

Best of luck Whipping!

1 Like

+1
Very active in the community

1 Like

+1

I do not play on Prison, but you have a solid application here, which demonstrates an understanding of the position you are applying for and the problems you would be dealing with. You seem mature and helpful. Good luck!

1 Like

+1

Very active on Prison, and overall just a super nice guy! You have a great application. Best of luck! :smile:

1 Like

+1 Échame La Culpa

1 Like

Honestly kinda stinky as shown here

+1
Lots of detail

2 Likes

Can’t rate, never seen you ingame, but decent app

1 Like

+1

Prison is in a desperate need of useful staff and whippingcream with his activity and helpfulness will fix this issue easily. :)

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the kind replies <3

Dude you rocked it. Active prison player and you seem like a cool guy! best of luck! and of course its an obvious +1! have a great rest of your night!

2 Likes

Hey Whip!

I have never seen you in-game but you seem like a nice person so I rate a +2 :smile:

Good Luck
-Neon

1 Like

I suppose you don’t play much prison then. @NeonAtom

2 Likes

Indeed. Thats why my application is for survival

:wink:

2 Likes

Need more active staff on Prison. And whipping is really chill every time I’ve talked to him.

Easy +1

1 Like

+2 Guy is super nice on teamspeak! Totally deserves the prison Junior Moderator position! Best of luck with your application! Have a great one and stay safe!

1 Like

+1 A lot of detail and very active

1 Like

+1 Active, mature and helpful.

Very active on prison, always trying to help new players, whipping is a really chill person. I’ve never seen him have any issues with other players.

Best of luck whippingcream.

2 Likes

+1 Very active.

1 Like