What do you look for in a good woolwars map

I was thinking about attempting at creating a woolwars map in the near future and was wondering what everyone looks for in a good map.

I personally look for decently flat spaces, some detail (but not too much), minimal amounts of single suspended blocks, and a fair amount of chests. (My personal favorite at the moment is Ringed Warfare)

What do you guys look for?

2 Likes

floating islands, when I build up I wanna be able to find an island of some sort above me so I don’t have to worry about getting loot.

1 Like

A good mix between map playability and design.
Good builds are always great and I like when there are flat surfaces and a lot of islands.
Creativity is cool too, it’s always refreshing to see a completely new concept in a map

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m totally okay with decently flat spaces, I prefer PVP than pushing people into the void.
And a floor not too high, because often half of the players die before going up.

I also like very much maps with rings, that’s why I made one.

Well, Good Luck.

I prefer nice looking maps that aren’t difficult to navigate and are great for PvP! I also like many chests so it’s easier to get stuff!

1 Like

I personally love the new maps that are super tall or super wide. I also love to see maps with a specific spot designed to have lots of chests for people who know its there (4-5 chests in one spot). I also love maps that are nice to look at and aren’t just good gameplay. I love Colosseum for its gameplay but its not as cool to look at as other maps like Avatar or flag wars.

1 Like

nice big pvp areas

1 Like

I think it’s important that a map doesn’t overly favor one kit over others. For example, it’s extremely hard to win on Undertale or Silent Castle with any kit besides bouncy, as all the players get funneled into one area. Whoever can get the few chests up at the top first has a very good chance of winning. Maps should allow room for different play styles.

1 Like

The detail and islands plus good hiding spots.

2 Likes