Vesride - Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I joined in the August of 2016.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I record at 240FPS.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: Yes, I have Teamspeak, but I prefer Discord.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Vesride

Timezone: EST (GMT-4)

Languages Spoken: English and Pashto

Server you would like to moderate: Kitpvp

How active can you be per week? I am online each day for about 3-4 hours on average every day. As of this month, due to religious reasons, I can only eat at around 8 PM - 4 AM. The way I cope with this is by sleeping in until around 4 PM and sleeping at 7 AM. After this month is over, my schedule should resume as routine.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I joined Munchy on August 18th, 2016. I found munchy through a friend, he recommended the server to me and for me to come to check it out. I played kitpvp when I first joined, and it reminded me of an old server I used to play called Emenbee Realms. I found the automatic events really enjoyable and the community very laid back and toxicity free. I did, however, take a break after a while and came back recently around two years ago with my friend, who has long since quit.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story: I have almost 200 punishments, but virtually every single mute is a joke. I have had countless bans because of staff members doing glitches to false flag as a joke and Callahan manually banning me with Ares as a joke to get a reaction out of chat.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: I was an undercover staff member on a server called Emenbee, in which they gave me almost every mod command except for /mute and /ban. Instead of banning people, I had two options. I could either /freeze them to screen share them with a staff member watching me, and if I found cheats, I would have to explain to the staff member how it is an ‘illegal modification.’ If a cheater was using a blatant cheat ( b-hop, killaura ), I had to record at least a 10-second video of them using the cheat and then /jail them and inform a staff member of the cheater with evidence.

Do you have any anticheat experience? Although I have no experience in coding for anti-cheat, I do have ideas on how it works and how it could be improved. Through playing, my insight into the flaws of anti-cheats has increased, and I have gained many friends that work in the anti-cheat industry. These people have asked me to help them in their anti-cheat and have taught me a little about it.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: Unfortunately I don’t have many videos because I rarely record people cheating; instead I approach a higher up staff member to watch them or ask Callahan to check the logs of the account.

The two videos I have:

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

• One of the most significant contributions, in my opinion, is helping Callahan test his new anticheat, Ares, after it’s first ban wave was complete.

• I had speed 1 implemented into arena fights with the community’s approval.

• Around the same time speed 1 was implemented, a new arena was added to kitpvp, which I felt was too small for the new addition of speed 1. Then, I talked to a few staff members about a bigger arena for kitpvp.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team? Munchy would benefit from my presence on the staff team because I am active, and I have a keen eye when it comes to spotting hackers. I’m very calm in chat and would love to help moderate chat and ban cheaters.

How do you work when in a team? I enjoy working in a team environment, and I believe that I can contribute significantly to a team environment. I’m equally comfortable being in leadership or being a contributor. When I’m working with a team, I like to brainstorm first and hear everyone’s ideas before moving forward with the project. Even while working independently, I think it’s still valuable to reach out to people for support or advice.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why? In my opinion, an autoclicker is the hardest cheat to detect. It is the hardest to recognize because a lot of clients and autoclickers have custom randomization settings, which you can change to your preference, and everyone can butterfly click, which is very risky because, in some cases, double-clicking happens when someone clicks over an autoclicker.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I have no prior applications.

10 Likes

+1

If anyone deserves staff, it’s Vesride.

Good luck :)

1 Like

+1

Although Vesride might have been a little toxic in chat in the past, I believe he has really worked hard on his toxicity and maturity and I believe both have drastically improved. Besides of that he has a solid application, interacts a lot within the community and is just active in general.

Best of luck with your application, sumo god.

2 Likes

+1!
seanypoo is really nice and helpful!
good luck <3

2 Likes

+1 Actually knows a thing or two about cheaters

2 Likes

thanks guys

1 Like

+1

taught me how to w tap

1 Like

+1 Great application! You deserve a spot on the staff team!

1 Like

You are a good guy, however I havn’t seen you on much in the past month.

1 Like

+1
In my opinion, Vesride really deserves staff. Not only has he contributed a lot already, but I believe he will be able to contribute a lot more as staff.

1 Like

thank you so much guys

ok +1

1 Like

Yes, I stated that I only get on very, very late in the night as of this month because of religious reasons… which is why you have not seen me on.

1 Like

+1
Despite his past of toxicity in the chat, he’s surely has shown maturity while being on the server. He’s a very interactive member within the KitPvP community and I think he deserves a shot. Best of luck :blue_heart: 97%

1 Like

thank you gawkster

+1
Vesride. He is a down to Earth dude with many good qualities. I would say he is one of the most perfect candidates for Staff. Not only is he non biased when it comes to problems, but he can also be sincere when he needs to be. He is analytical when it comes to determining when someone is cheating or not as well; due to his experience. You deserve this.

1 Like

+1 for reasons said above

1 Like

+1

Very mature and detailed response. I do not play KitPVP, but you seem like you would make a brilliant staff member! Good luck!!

1 Like

Thanks Gabeypoo…

And thank you slatt and toccataski, it means a lot

1 Like