UtterlyLauren's Staff Application (May 2021)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I have been playing on survival for half a year, and recently begun to play prison! I have also been involved in the Survival Games events!
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes! I have OBS on my computer and it runs solidly!
- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes! I’ve had discord for years and have been using Teamspeak3 for about a year!

Application

IGN:
UtterlyLauren
Timezone:
CST
Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes!
Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
JMod
Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Survival or Prison
How active can you be per week?
I work Monday-Wednesday from 4-8pm. Otherwise all evenings (until school is out) and all day weekends
Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Nope!
Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
Yes I have. To be honest, a a little cheesy, I really enjoyed this server when I first started actively playing. I got a little carried away and applied before I truly introduced myself to the community. I have tried my hardest to be welcoming and generous to the players I play with.
What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I try very hard to be a positive person when I interact with the community. I make sure to stand up to those who are generally being rude and inappropriate, and I make sure those being targeted aren’t feeling bad. I hope the people that see me feel the same way, and know that I am here to lookout for this community.
Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
Survival- I love survival and the people on it. It is my go-to when I’m not sure what to do. I respect and love the small community on there, and I try and help out anyway I can. I love this server with all my heart as well as the people in it, and I try and help out as much as I can. I would love to help out even more, past the in-game stuff and into more serious issues.

Prison- I will be completely honest here… I have a love-hate relationship with prison. I LOVE and really enjoy playing there, and have met a few good people there! However, the community there isn’t like other places on MunchyMC, and can be very “toxic” at times. My friend(s) have told me they stopped playing or enjoying prison because of the large mass of problematic and extremely rude people on there. Recently one of friends has quit playing because they have received death threats from other people playing. This is why I am applying to Prison. I only recently started getting into prison, but I quickly fell into the grind of the game and am having a lot of fun. I know others have lots of fun as well, but this keeps people from enjoying the server at its fullest. I want to help make sure prison is not a toxic place, and that people have fun and enjoy there experience.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? 9/10 I would say. I have run many groups in the past, and have been a moderator for many groups (outside of MC). Currently, I have been overseeing development for a game! It’s a casual process, and I have loads of time outside of it- but I feel like it is a good example of my abilities. :)

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? 8/10. While (thankfully) I have never been the victim of a hacker, I have been on anarchy and have friends on anarchy servers. Playing on those have shown me what hacking looks like and how to detect it. While some may be harder to find than others, with enough evidence and patience, I believe I could see if a playing was hacking.

Thank you very much for reading! Good luck to all applicants!
UtterlyLauren

3 Likes

Hi there Lauren! Thanks for applying. Unfortunately your application has not been accepted this time. It would be great to see you continue to work on establising a solid reputation within both the survival and prison communities, and becoming well known to both players and the staff team. You have great enthusiasm and a great attitude though, so I’d love to see you apply again in the future

2 Likes