Ultimate_Kipper's Build Application

IGN: Ultimate_Kipper

Timezone: US/MI

Discord Name: UltimateKipper#8756

How long have you played MunchyMC?: About a year.

How active can you be per week?: Probably two or three days. About three to four hours per day.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?: No I do not.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

(The second and third build are the same build as it is big and I couldn’t do it justice with one screenshot, I also haven’t done a lot of recent builds. The second and third screenshots are on 1.14 while the first is on 1.17 and haven’t installed optifine.)

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:

] … I love it because I worked on it for about two weeks with one of my friends I have attached one screenshot but I have rescently posted some more screenshots in my discussion

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: I have a lot of knowledge of World Edit but I have never used nor heard of voxel before.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): detailling and structures are probably my specialties, I’m not too good at terraforming and landscaping nor redstone.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? I haven’t worked on a server before.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer: 7 to 8 probably, I haven’t worked with a lot people before.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since? I have not applied for builder on any server before.

2 Likes

First of all, for my knowledge Discord/Teamspeak is required to be a builder, however you don’t have to have a microphone.
Your portfolio is nice and well built, but I would recommend building more large-scale builds, like a KitPVP map or some WoolWars maps.
On your favorite and proudest build, it isn’t described what is the build is and is quite vague.
It is recommended you have knowledge on Voxel and World Edit.
You would have to have a larger variety of categories of build specialities to be admitted on the Build Team as my knowledge.
I can’t check if you’ve applied for any servers in the past, so I have to take your word for it.

Your application is vague and doesn’t have enough detail. Your building skills are quite lacking and you don’t have much skills about brief terraforming and landscaping. You necessarily work on builds on the latest version. You should try building on 1.8.9 for more of a challenge of the types of builds you will be building. Take this notes into consideration when you create another build application.
Have a good day!
:heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to do some more large scale maps and stuff alike.

2 Likes

I can agree with Beelzebel, but I want to highlight that your application seems thrown together withing 5 minutes. Try having more details in your application itself, maybe link a portfolio with more builds and as mentioned before, work on bigger builds like a hub or a kit map maybe :)
All in all I would rate you a -0.75 because it seems like you kinda know what you’re doing

3 Likes

Hey @Ultimate_Kipper, I see you got the idea of mixing blocks in and adding some details. But these 3 pictures aren’t enough to show your true potential. I recommend going on Imgur and making more builds that are like 5 times bigger than these. The most important thing I can tell you is don’t give up on building. I remember when I was here I was thinking about saying “I’m just a horrible builder” but no. After practicing and understanding how to do things. It all worked out just fine. ALSO you need a better application. Yours is very, very non detailed and we just know basic knowledge about you.

The only thing I can say is good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t currently have world edit and I don’t trust a lot of online sources and can’t do large builds if you have a link or anything I would like a link but if you don’t have a link that is okay. I will try to build something without world edit. Thanks for your time and help!

4 Likes

If you need a place to practice building, I recommend builders refuge. It’s a public building server with free plots to build on and plugins like worldedit, voxelsniper, gobrush, and gopaint available to use for free. (All very good building tools). :+1::lizard:
Take into account that by applying for builder on Munchy you are expected to be able to build things on the scale and quality of already existing builds, such as server lobbies and maps. If you can’t do something yet or don’t know if you can, don’t bite off more than you can chew. (:

3 Likes

If you’re having issues finding jars for WorldEdit, then I would recommend going to this link to CurseForge, which is the official link for WorldEdit. If you need help installing WorldEdit and you don’t understand how that works, I am open in my forum messages, and if you need help, I always check my messages. Alternatively, you can look at tutorials on YouTube for help.

1 Like

Do you also have a link for forge? I don’t have it installed.

Thanks for your help!
Ultimate Kipper

3 Likes
Here is the entire tutorial, including where to put the WorldEdit jar, and how to install Optifine into Forge. Note, it is quite long!

The link for forge, and from what I assume what you’d be wanting would be 1.8.9. Here is the link for that. I would recommend downloading the one on the right, as shown in the picture below.

Next, a screen would appear looking like the one below.

Press skip on the top right. A download known should appear in the bottom left of your screen if you are using Google Chrome like I am. However this may appear different on different browsers.
Press Keep.

If you don’t already have Java installed, it is recommended to install Forge or any other installer like this.
If you would like to install Java, you can go to this link right here.
If you do not install Java, this process is extremely more difficult.
However since I have Java installed, I will show how this process is easier.
As below, press the ^ and press Open when it finishes installing. If you are not using Chrome, it will have most likely been installed to your Downloads folder on your computer.
As soon as Forge is finished opening up, this window should appear on screen.

Press Ok, and you should be ready to go!
If you would like to open Forge with WorldEdit, here is another tutorial.
[Note, for my knowledge, this upcoming tutorial is only usable via. Windows]

Press Windows key + R, and that should open up a Run Box.

Type in " %appdata% ", and then press OK.
A list of folders should appear, and the only one you need to click on is .minecraft.

If not already there, create a folder labeled “mods” in all lowercase.

Drag the WorldEdit jar into that folder, and it should have entered the folder.
You can do essentially the same process with any other mod that is on 1.8.x.

If you would like to install Optifine, here is another tutorial.
Go to optifine.net/downloads.
Press Show all versions.

Scroll down until you see 1.8.9.

Press (Mirror).
Now you should see a Download button like below.

Press download.
This is essentially the same process as before, but just hold on.
Press Keep, or whatever your browser uses.

Press ^.
A pop-up should appear like below.

Press extract.
Then choose where you want the file to go.
The file should have MOD on the end of the file name of wherever you redirected the file.
As prior, you have to drop the “mod” into the mods folder on your computer.
I apologize if I forgot any screenshots, I had to take a lot, and it was stressful.

Thank you for spending your time reading this! I spent quite awhile on this, and I hope it proved useful.
I appreciate your kind support! I hope you have a good day/night :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! It says I need to Install a “JDK” which I have no clue what that could mean, also this could be from me being on a mac instead of a pc.

Thank you for your time and effort!

2 Likes

I believe it is referring to the Java Development Kit, which I can only assume is unnecessary, so don’t worry! It is only used for creating Java-based apps, so I would think it would be unnecessary, but anyways, your welcome!
This could be happening because you are trying to edit the jar files rather then opening them, but anyways, thats just my theory.

1 Like

I just now realized that is is my error. I forgot to activate java I had just installed it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am having some troubles finding the installation, here is an image:

2 Likes

Scroll all the way down. It should be at the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

I’m sorry for bothering you so much but, it fails at initializing the game. I have no clue why. Tell me if you need a screenshot.

1 Like

Apologizing to the staff about to the repetitive replies, however would it happen to look like this?

It looks like this:

2 Likes

I would assume it would have something to do with the mods in your mods folder. The only thing I could help you with would be to check all of the mods and check if they are compatible with 1.8.9.

1 Like