ToastyGhostys's Winter 2020 Staff Application (Survival)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes! I joined MunchyMc on January 17th, 2020, and I’ve been active on Survival since March.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I’m on the Munchy TeamSpeak often, and I’m familiar with Discord as well.

Application

IGN: ToastyGhostys

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone (EST)

Languages spoken: English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Survival

How active can you be per week?
I am active on survival daily and for the majority of the day. These are the hours I can regularly be on.

Monday - Friday: 11am - 11pm
Saturday: 12pm - 1am
Sunday: 11am - 12am

Holidays: 12pm - 1am

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of the story:

I have been falsely banned once in the hub by the anti-cheat, but the issue was quickly resolved. I have also gotten a few auto-mutes, but those are from jokingly spamming friends in party chat, never in main chat. All other punishments are jokes from staff friends.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I’ve applied once before and was denied because I wasn’t quite at the level for Jmod. However, I was offered the helper position from that application instead. Since then, I’ve gained a lot more experience, and I have more knowledge of the responsibilities of being a Jmod. I know more about handling situations and issues that a player might have, and I believe I am more prepared for the role.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I believe I am well-known in the community as a helpful and friendly person. I frequently answer questions from players and assist them in getting the help they need (getting a mod to solve a grief, telling them to make a support ticket, etc.). Along with friends, I host events like bingo, hide and seek, and chest hunts to give players a fun experience on the server. Whenever players message me with questions or even just have a conversation, I’m happy to reply. I put a lot of love and effort into helping the community each day, and I feel like people notice that.

Why are you interested in the role, and what motivated you to apply?

Ever since I started playing on the survival server, I loved witnessing the friendly community interacting and having fun. As a new player, I had many questions, but I was never left in the dark because the community was helpful and answered all of them. I want to pay that same kindness forward and dedicate my time to making the survival community a friendly and fun place to be. As a Jmod, I’d have the opportunity to help out even more and ensure that everyone has a happy experience on Survival.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

After observing how staff deal with various situations as well as my own experiences, I’d rate myself an 8. Despite not moderating any servers before my time as Helper on Munchy, I’ve learned a lot and can confidently say that I know how to deal with a rowdier chat and enforce the rules whenever I need to. I also try my best to be fair and impartial with punishments, as I believe everyone should be treated equally.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

For this, I’d rate myself a 7. I have done a fair bit of research about Minecraft hacks and what is typically used on Survival. I sometimes go on Purgatory to observe what type of hacks players are using and what they look like to a spectator. Although I don’t have perfect knowledge about every kind of hack that can be used on Survival, I do know the most common ones and what to look out for when determining if someone is cheating or not.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Besides these, any reports I have about rule-breakers go straight to staff so they can quickly deal with it.

https://youtu.be/eGs5gGm1TxA

https://youtu.be/ZgfT7QAeMUM

19 Likes

+1 amazing person on all aspects of the server and even helped me once on Survival! Great applicant!

Good luck! :smiley:

3 Likes

+1

• Good Application
  • Active
  • Mature
  • Helpful
  • Overall good person.
    Good luck Toasty! :yellow_heart:
3 Likes

+1

• everything
2 Likes

+1 amazing application! Good luck

3 Likes

stop griefing Smoon :slightly_smiling_face:
(jk)
+1, from what I have seen, Toasty is an active and mature player. Best of luck!

1 Like

+1 Great app!! Toasty is active, mature and dedicated, and is always willing to help others on surv. She is very approachable, is familiar with the community and rules, and is one of the sweetest people I know! I think she would make an amazing JMod! Good luck toast!! <3

1 Like

+1! Toasty is an active, mature, and very kind player, and is very engaged with the Survival community! Good luck :))

1 Like

+1
because yes
gl toast!

1 Like

+1 for toasty

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind comments and support!! :heart: :heart:

Good Luck Toasty :D I’ve never been “close friends” with you but you are always helpful and kind to players.

1 Like

+1

I don’t play survival often so I can’t say a whole lot for toasty, however this application is detailed and looks promising! Good luck on your application.

1 Like

+1

Toasty is literally one of the sweetest players of the survival community. She has done an amazing job as helper over the past few months and still now continues to help the players of survival. She would be an amazing jmod and i know that she would put her whole heart into providing help and assistance for anyone in need. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

+1 for an amazing app and an amazing person <3

2 Likes

@RossRao1 @Catstaboli @fornfish @Ayella Thank you guys :heart: I appreciate your comments!

2 Likes

Omg biggest noob, but apart from that toasty is an amazing helper that I see get on everyday and she puts in her full attention and efforts into making the surv community better and I think she would be an AMAZING JMOD!

2 Likes

@SnoobC omg :heart: :heart: ily

Number 1:
Active. Real active
Number 2:
Helpful
Number 3:
Great person
Number 4:
Fit for mod!
Number 5
Friends with mostly everyon
Number 6:
Handles situations greatly
Number 7:
Mature
Number 8:
Very cool :sunglasses:
Number 9:
Helped Sprinkledonuts with that ghost prank still wonder who did it :thinking:
Number 10:
Great App!

+2 Hope to see you with a purple name soon!

1 Like

Obviously a +1

Super kind, active and just overall a great helper. I don’t really have anything else to say other than that you’re a perfect fit for the JMod role.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like