Time to talk about glider

Glider is the most controversial kit in WoolWars. Today I’m going to be talking about the kits overall balance and whether or not the kit needs changes. Obviously this post is my own opinion and i am open to feedback, please leave your angry comments down below.

The current rules of glider are as follows

• Shifting while midair causes you to glide downward in the direction you are looking (Present in 1st, 4th, and 5th versions of glider)
  • Glider takes Vanilla fall damage (Only present in the 5th version of glider)
  • Glider gets disabled for 3 seconds if you are hit while using it (Present in the 4th and 5th version of glider
  • Glider cannot hold an item while gliding (Present in the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th version of glider)
  • Glider does not function properly if there is a block directly below you. (Present in the 5th version of glider)
  • Using glider instantly makes you disliked by every bouncy on the planet (Present in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th version of glider)

Now that all the rules are established, let’s go over them.

Shifting while midair is the trigger for glider/glider cannot hold an item. The shifting part is true for most versions of glider. however most of the versions this were present in were notoriously overpowered due to being able to hold a sword while gliding. I personally think not being able to hold a sword while gliding is a needed change. However, the fact that we were not given a feather item to hold instead of having to constantly drop items out of our hotbar annoys me. This is a simple quality of life change that has been suggested many times and was present in past forms of glider.

Glider gets disabled for 3 seconds if you are hit while using it. This is a change made to combat
gliders running away from fights with ease and from bhopping on players. this change was well warranted in my opinion and was executed very well. In my opinion glider should be disabled through a different fashion which i argued for in a different post. I’m not going to leave it here though.

Glider takes vanilla fall damage. i personally argued for this change a lot before the most recent glider nerf. However, due to not being able to hold an item and glider getting disabled, i believe this amount of fall damage is a bit harsh. I would prefer it to be closer to 70% of vanilla fall damage

Glider does not activate if there is not a full block of air below you.

This change has caused so much frustration for me and all 2 of the other glider mains on woolwars. It’s a change that was supposedly implemented to prevent fast stacking (according to fumaz) however, this purpose is pointless because not being able to hold an item patches fast stacking. This change makes glider not work for laggier players and makes it fail on carpets, grass, and in water. Overall it makes the kit feel like it is bugged or that the server is lagging. And thats what i thought. The one block rule has done nothing but cause constant frustration for me due to it causing glider to not work for going up slabs and straight up not working at all randomly. Not to mention this addition to glider isn’t listed in the kits description, the patch notes, or in any other announcement made by an admin. I spent days of my time trying to contact an admin only to find out something that does nothing but make your experience less smooth is an intended feature that seems like nothing other than a bug. It makes the kit obnoxious to use and less intuitive in general. The one block rule should never have been added in the first place. And making it something players have to assume is a bug is even worse.

6 Likes

agreed

1 Like

I think it all depends on the lens you choose to use with regards to this issue. Glider doesn’t need a buff, and phrasing it as one doesn’t make sense. If all we’re talking about is a quality of life change, however, it’s something I could get behind. Like you said, fast stacking is patched, and the one block rule isn’t needed to prevent it.

There’s also the possibility that there’s another cause for the one block rule, and that devs are unable to say for whatever reason. Maybe it’s not the case, but it is a possibility.

10 Likes

eh

Eh, tbh maybe some minor changes but not big ones

i think you press shift and it works

I dont think you understand what im talking about in this post and you dont use glider.

I think you dont know im having a mock of you

2 Likes

Sorry for the rudeness, thats a comment ive heard from serious people. My bad

2 Likes