ThyCosmos' staff application - Winter 2020

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I have been playing on MunchyMc for around 6 months now, and have really enjoyed it so far.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, I use OBS (open broadcaster software) to record hackers in a high quality.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes, I have TeamSpeak and are on there a lot of the time.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOUā€™VE ANSWERED ā€˜YESā€™ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:

ThyCosmos (previously ExoticCosmos)

Timezone:

GMT/BST

Languages Spoken:

I only speak English

Server(s) you would like to moderate:

I would like to moderate Survival and Woolwars. I would like to moderate Survival as its one of the servers which requires the most amount of staff, and Woolwars as I believe this server would benefit from more moderators. I think that I would be able to help because I have a vast knowledge of both.

How active can you be per week?

I am quite active and spend around 4 hours a day online, here is my schedule (all in GMT)

Monday to Wednesday ā€“ 16:00 to 20:00

Thursday ā€“ 16:30 to 20:00

Friday ā€“ 16:30 to 21:00

The time I can spend on the weekends varies but I tend to spend around 5 hours a day.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

I first joined munchy about 6 months ago and stayed because of the amazing community, everyone was so welcoming and nice. I also really enjoyed the games that the server offered. I have tried my best to help other players have this experience as/well.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of the story:

Nope, the only punishments Iā€™ve ever received were two mutes back in august, both for 5 minutes. Other than those I have no other punishments.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I have little experience when it comes to moderating and Munchy is one of the first servers iā€™ve applied on. However, I know about most of the moderation commands and believe that I will be able to pick up the necessary skills quickly. I have been mod on smaller servers so are familiar with commands yet my interactions with players is limited

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have much Anticheat experience, but I am willing to learn how they work.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I usually just use /report or message staff either on discord or in game. However, linked below are a few videos of hackers that I have found.

https://youtu.be/ns9J-BRJZzk

https://youtu.be/MvKyjrigu1k

https://youtu.be/jymX9P8pBdQ

https://youtu.be/_RF53lSAvx8

The first one is a hacker on survival using phase and fly hacks. The other 3 are purgatory hackers using fly.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

I have always been welcoming and friendly and have tried to make playersā€™ experiences better. However, I have recently joined the event and helper teams so Iā€™m hoping that i will contributions in the future. Iā€™m conclusion I just try to be a nice person to talk too and help new players learn the game.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

My knowledge of offences would be the best thing that I would bring to the team. I have an extensive knowledge of hacks and other offences, and know the punishments that they warrant. Even though I have little moderating experience I think that this will still be the best I can bring to the server.

I think that I am also quite mature for my age and am trustworthy and responsible. I think this is also a very important point as staff members need to act professionally.

How do you work when in a team?

I think that I work quite well in a team, as I have been part of multiple groups over the time Iā€™ve spent on the server. Some of these include Syndicate and the TrippleVille town team (Survival).

I think itā€™s really important to be able to work with a team well otherwise no one will improve, working in a team helps learn new things to make the server a better place for everyone.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

Well for Surival I would say Xray, however vanish and spectator mode make it easy for a mod checking to detect. However for Woolwars, it would either be kill aura or bow aimbot because an experienced hacker will know how to make it look natural.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I have applied for staff once before. I believe that I was denied because i didnā€™t spend much time on the server and the application was rushed. Since then I have been a lot more active and have got to know a lot of people better.

Good luck to all other applicants!

2 Likes

+1
Well detailed application

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Big +1
Mature
Nice
Active.

Best of luck!
-rainfalls

1 Like

Thanks rainfalls :smiley:

+1

Nice application
Active
Nice person

Could use more activity on woolwars though.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1

• Good application
  • I dont know u well but I was in ts3 with u and eevee once and u seem nice!

Best of luck!
-AlluTheVallu

1 Like

Good application +1
And some one you can trust

1 Like

Thanks you Allu, Dan and Eevee means a lot.

Also I agree Eevee, my activity before December was quite low however itā€™s improved since them and I will be on there a lot more often

1 Like

+1
very good It shows how much you enjoy and Invest your time in Munchymc!

1 Like

Thanks albizh :slight_smile:

Cosmos would be a great addition to the team! Super friendly and kind and always is willing to help out!

+1 from me!

1 Like

+1
Active
Great Person
Hard Worker
Ive worked with them as staff before and they are a PERFECT fit for the job! :smiley:

1 Like

Edit 1-3, grammar and spelling corrections
Edit 4 and 5, general improvement of my answers

I believe you could improve first in some areas as a helper before you move up. For example more actively helping and responding to people who have issues in chat. Sometimes it seems like you are a little distracted by what you are currently focused on.
Hugs and sparkles :innocent:,

- Idealist / Hunter

1 Like

Ty Tripple, Mae and Hunter

I agree with you Hunter but i think with a bit of work I can easily get over that :)
Also ty for the hugs and sparkles

1 Like

+1
Detailed application
Works great in the team environment

I think that weā€™re both in the boat of needing more ā€œhelperā€ related experience before becoming a fully fledged staff member on Munchy. Make sure to demonstrate what you are capable of before the deadline to show the higher-ups what youā€™re capable of!

~ Ali

1 Like

Whole heartedly agree with you Ali, Ty

+0.5, good application, not a 1 because I havenā€™t seen you on recently.

1 Like

Ty, not sure why maybe time zone difference?