Thoughts on dust looting?

First off, does anybody know if dust looting is going to continue next map or was it just part of the theme this map?

I personally hope that looting goes back to the way it was before. It feels like looting has lost its fun to me. It is no longer an option to just go out and loot from nothing into a set. To find even an ultra now you have to spend millions on dust or spend time to get it yourself. The dust system itself seems decent enough and there are lots of items that work well with it, I just miss the old system. I miss the days of going out in a guard set and coming back in an ultra set. It feels like only the richest players loot now, and everyone else scrambles to sell their dust for quick profit. Looting no longer feels like a good option for new or average players. Anyway that’s enough of my complaining, what are your thoughts on enchantment dust and it’s future role in the game?

6 Likes

I think looting with dust is quite fun especially with Cupid smile even though it’s been nerfed from 100x chances to 50x and than to 25x it’s still quite good. But I think you overestimated how good it is, many people have found their items from non enchanted chests me included 4 out of my 6 mythicals have been from unenchanted chests.

2 Likes

You are correct, I do miss when you could just go out in a diamond set and loot your way up to a g set. Even though a lot of items have been found without dust as TheFireGamer210 mentioned, look at that number compared to the overall number of myths found.

3 Likes

Unless something has changed, regardless of how many myths you found on normal chests, the base odds for rares outside without dust are absolutely awful imo

2 Likes

^^^ and, think of how many chests you loot with mal legs, its extremely difficult for a new player to try and find leggis or myths, without using a spiritbox of dust or mal legs lol

3 Likes

:handshake:

4 Likes

Agreed. The biggest reason I never looted was because of dust and how extremely inefficient it is to loot without it. Base rare chances should 100% be raised.
Not a big fan of consumable items in general as their price always inflates past the point where they’re even viable to purchase. This especially applies to items which raise RNG as substantially as dust does.
I hope it’s more beginner friendly next season as right now it isn’t even PROFITABLE to loot with dust unless you get a myth.

6 Likes

I have to agree, Ive found 2 myths without dust but however I can guess if I used dust way more often, I would have found way more.

I think everyone should have the same or similar chances for items rather then paying more then everyone on the server to horde and get dubs of dust to use for looting.

I agree with everything that has been sent.

3 Likes

Remove edust and bring back the green enchanted chest items (thanos fingers and elder wand i think i dont remember)

3 Likes

IMO any player rich or poor can go outside and loot chests, find e dust and use it to find more items. Its not like the item is exclusive to the rich, it is just the rich (like any other item) are able to buy it for a high price. If you want to sell your dust thats up to you, I don’t think its as good as people think. The truth is that people loot so much that they find stuff with or without dust. This map has so many high tier looting rares that it makes looting so much easier if you have all of them. I don’t think there is any one item causing this, and I think its the collection of all of them, similar to how wood mining is this map. If every single looter didn’t have an elsa scepter and a gingerbread man, I believe people would complain less about dust being ‘op’.

7 Likes

To be honest I quit before Elsa Scepter and Gingerbread Man were even added (well, a month or so after Else Scepter) so I have no idea what looting is like now

5 Likes

My complaint is (supposed to be at least) less about dust being op and more about normal looting (no dust) being awful. Obviously normal looting can still be tolerable if you loot in creative mode with 2 looting myths, but the average player can’t do that. The players selling dust instead of using it is because they don’t have those amazing looting items. There is basically no reason to even try using dust without a full looting set. Got 4 dust and no set? You could go use it and maybe get an ultra, or you could sell it for over 200m. Maybe that’s a player run economy caused problem, but looting has become a luxury for the rich that the average player can’t justify even trying. Anyway, good points, thank you for your comments. :handshake:

Edit: Now that I think about it, the average player would probably rather just sell their dust for a high price and buy the items they were trying to find from the looters with good sets. It still makes me sad tho because I used to love looting with the old system.

7 Likes

I like dust, but it’s very hard to find many rare items without it. Maybe just balance out the odds and keep dust in the game

4 Likes

I personally completely agree with you. I remember back in map 8 and 8r i loved looting because there were no things that worked like dust or even close to it except Thanos fingers. Dust has become way too expensive as well like you said and so many people dont feel like looting because the rares have become so rare that i myself tried looting outside just like last map and finding even ultras now seems to be pretty rare honestly. I think looting shouls be as it was in map 7 and 8 because it felt more motivating honestly because it was pretty balanced and it was for everyone not only for player who can spend millions on 1 dust.

2 Likes

Map 8 looting was great.

2 Likes

Enchantment dust in general is way too op, start of map it was 50x, chances were already kinda good as it was, so dust averaged about 1 ultra, or 2, and for start of map that was crazy. People are now buying dust for 50m per, and it’s an epic. Looting this map is horrible compared to the other maps, SOOOO many more mythicals have been found, it is a good addition to epics, but it is way too over powered, with mal legs, and with cupid smile. 2x enchant, ultra boost, myth boost, like this shi is way too op. If enchantment dust is still going to be a thing next map, and as common as it is I highly doubt people are going to be having fun while looting.

3 Likes

Map 7-8 looting > compared to this map looting…

2 Likes