Thoughts on afk players at spawn and lag

dont write some essay please

5 Likes

as an afk rn on surv, im totally fine with it

3 Likes

Hmmm the afk players I don’t mind but maybe they can get sent to some place I guess? As for tps survival is a nightmare, there is ghost blocks galore, I can’t crit properly which also sucks cause this makes mcmmo only worse with pvp, hits are delayed and it makes this server less fun. As for some lag issues maybe cautions might be able to take place and tps gets fixed so the server gets more active players. so lag is a problem but maybe if cosmetics were shut down if the player is not doing anything it can solve some of that

As for afk players I don’t know if it causes lag at spawn itself but maybe cosmetics that are active can. Also I like spawn tidy so maybe if some limbo was in place or it sends people back to hub or smth

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never seen any point on keeping afk people at spawn. I can afk sometimes and would rather be sent at hub after 3 hours than just standing still at spawn doing nothing.

7 Likes

As an active player on survival, if the lag that makes me break the same block 3 times while mining, lag while pvp-ing, make my blocks dissappear even after i place them, is connected somehow to the afk players at spawn. Probably we should prioritize the game experience more if a decision should be made.
Maybe another kick to hub after 1hour of the first kick to spawn…

4 Likes

To be fair in the contrary some people might afk for 10 minutes cause like dinner or something so a limbo system would be annoying in a way but survival tps whenever it lowers is pain.

2 Likes

True, thats why the afk kick happens after 3 hours. A pretty fair time i would say.

4 Likes

I think a solution could be just making the people standing within a 3x3 of spawn be invisible to others.

2 Likes

Hmmm 1 hour is a lot for afk it will rack up fast. I think 10 minutes is in order so people can afk in a safe unclaimed so I believe you are right and it sucks with PvP and ghost blocks but I don’t think a kick to spawn then the hub after an hour will do anything. However if the time was shortened this will do a lot of good.

Too fair some afkers take less then that. It isn’t the quality of the time afked it’s the quantity

2 Likes

How else is @EvillRat supposed to get claim blocks lol

5 Likes

Cant you buy them?

2 Likes

@EvillRat I guess you’ll have to do quests too. And don’t forget your daily /vote. :pensive:

2 Likes

ig he can put a timer so he can move for like 10 secs LOL

1 Like

No. (Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvexyz now I know my abcs next time won’t you sing with me)

3 Likes

Just macro it :roll_eyes:
(This is a joke plz don’t macro)

2 Likes

I would rather see them being sent to hub honestly because there isn’t any purpose to keep people that are away from their keyboard for over 3 hours in a server where the tps can be significantly low, thus maybe because of having too many players online.

Many other servers would do the save. It saves the tps, it saves the server’s efficiency and the gameplay quality at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I love the abc’s

2 Likes

2 devs typing at once…

3 Likes

Drum rolls

3 Likes

wow even the baby dev!

2 Likes