TheCamZone's Co-Host Application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you participated in at least a few events on the Event server before?:
I have not participated in a Munchy event yet. However, I have participated in over 20 streamed events led by BadBoyHalo from McPvP.

- Do you have Discord downloaded and are competent with it?:
I have Discord downloaded and I’m very proficient with it.

Application

IGN:
TheCamZone

Timezone:
MDT (UTC-7)

Can you use a microphone?
Yes. I currently run a Shure SM7B.

When can you be available to help host events each week?
I am always available on weekends, and I’m available typically from 7 pm to 4 am EST on weekdays. I can also move my work around to fit a schedule if the events are posted a couple weeks in advance.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
My reputation was very good before I took a break to finish school. I was on the first build team at the time. I’m not sure how many people will remember me from 2015 and 2016 though.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I’m interested in the role because I loved the experience that BadBoyHalo created during McPvP and I want to give that experience back to newer players. I’m looking for more ways to get involved in the behind-the-scenes of MunchyMC as that’s where my interests are.

Do you have any past experience with plugins such as WorldGuard/WorldEdit?
I have been using WorldEdit for over 8 years. I’m experienced with all the shapes in WorldEdit (Sphere, Pyramid, Cylinders, etc.) and I’m confident I’ll be able to handle anything that the event host would need in the moment.

I’m also proficient with all the WorldGuard flags, priority, and global regions. I will absolutely be able to set up any WorldGuard region that event hosts will need.

How well can you work with a team in a formal/professional environment?
I’m able to work with a team to achieve a common goal. I have experience working with a lot of the MunchyMC staff from opportunities in McPvP and MunchyMC during 2015 and 2016. I’m familiar with the way things are done in MunchyMC and I will be able to integrate and help the event hosts with anything they may need.

Anything you want to add:
I have been working with a different Youtuber on events similar to what BadBoyHalo used to do during McPvP. I’ve developed 2 plugins for these events that needed to handle a rush of 40-100 players. I have experience with fixing server issues and other things without affecting the game going on.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 Likes

I actually think you can be a very good co-host, you have a lot of experience and you seem to be very mature, and you seem to love munchymc a lot, the one thing that’s holding you back is your activeness, you dont seem to be very active unless im missing something, but other than that I think this is great

+0.75 goodluck!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks @Falconu! You’re correct about the activeness. I’m not super into playing Minecraft anymore, but I have almost a decade of experience with administration specifically in Minecraft. This game has absolutely changed my life and I’m looking to give back to the communities that impacted me so heavily. I’m currently working on a Java certification so I can maybe join the development team at some point.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say it’s great to see you again :smile_cat:

1 Like

@CatTech It’s good to see you too!

Hey TheCamZone!

Unfortunately, your application has been denied this time around, we would like to see you work on your activity, participating in more events, and interacting more with the community before applying again next season! Good luck!

1 Like