TheBlueComet's Builder Application

IGN: TheBlueComet

Timezone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Discord Name: TheBlueComet ✯#9079

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I have been playing on MunchyMC for approximately a few days at the time of writing this, I have taken the time to explore and learn the servers game-modes and style, now that I have seen what the server is like, I am wanting to step up to help seek the servers potential.

How active can you be per week?: I have a very flexible schedule and can make changes as needed, although I am currently employed it should not interfere with the duties on the server. I am willing to dedicate my time on the server as needed and able to be on a few hours every week. (about 15-25hr+) I am willing to take the time be on more somedays, but I will be off sometimes for my own responsibilities and personal life.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?: I have never received any punishments on the MunchyMC network, nor other servers.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: Attached is my portfolio TheBlueComet's Building Portfolio [01/14/2022] - Album on Imgur

Please tell us more about your FAVORITE and PROUDEST build: My favorite build was a lobby I built for another MInecraft server. This lobby was a very special lobby because it was only going to be live for the week of April 1st 2019 and would never return. This project was kept very secretive, even to the higher administration on the server. I was incharge of this hub as a solo-project as I was granted special permission to build it from the Build Leads. The theme of the hub was to take place in an old western style, it had everything from old steam locomotives, an old salon and buildings and to top it off, a snake in a cowboy’s boot. I greatly enjoyed this project and it made me proud when it went live on the server knowing that I put all my hard work into the project and it finally paid off!

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: I am experienced with W/E, Voxel, GoBrush and other build related plugins and know most of the tips and tricks to speed up and simplify a project’s process. I can’t say I know every command in world edit, I am still learning new things every time I use it.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I believe that I am fluent in organics, detailing and terraforming. I love building life-like things such as people, animals, vehicles or everyday objects. I also enjoy going in after a build is done and really bringing it to life, adding little divots in pathways to leaf-vines hanging from trees or an old barn. I love trying new things and working to make things pleasing and enjoyable. Structures are not my strongest arm, but I can build an occasional house even though I do not always enjoy making them.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? I started playing minecraft in 3rd grade on a cracked account my friend gave me. I always loved building while they always enjoyed redstone or pvp. I always strived to go bigger and better with myself until one day someone told me I had great building potential, on that day I devoted myself to building, helping others achieve greatness in building as well.

I have been on many other teams and enjoyed working on them. (Proof of being in these teams are at the bottom of my portfolio)

• Cubed! Crew as a Builder, this team was incharge of creating the maps for the Cubed Events hosted by YouTubers, Mojang Employees or Cubed Staff.

• Mineplex Build-Team, I mostly built the Hubs, Lobbies and Spawns for the server, but also built maps for the many games you see on the server. Also on the MPBT I was part of three other subteams that builders could join once they achieved a 3 month tenure. My first team was Map Issues, this team worked closely with QA searching for exploits or balancing issues within the maps, fixing command points, filling in holes in the ground, ect. The second team I was on is Builder Applications, as the name suggests this team was incharge of accepting or rejecting applications, and giving precise feedback to better anyone who applies and get them up to par. My last team I was on is Map Submissions. This team reviewed incoming maps submitted by the community, we made sure that the maps were up to the servers’ gameplay and aesthetic standards and would help a player get there if they were lacking something in their map.

• WynnCraft Content Team as a Builder, On this server I take requests given by the leadership team or members of the GM subteam and we complete them and submit them once we are finished.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer: I work great with others and am very agreeable when it comes to most subjects. I love working in a team based structure and listening to others ideas and giving my own feedback too. I would have to say I am a 9/10. The reason for this score is I believe nobody can be a 10/10, everyone occasionally needs a day off, time to themselves and a little breathing room to enjoy what they do.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since? I have never applied for Builder on the MunchyMC server.

14 Likes

Huge +1!

Absolutely phenomenal builds, would love to see you on the build team!

6 Likes

+1
Good application and amazing builds!

6 Likes

Nice!! +1

5 Likes

+1 nice builds

6 Likes

wow +1 they are really good for big maps and ur good with small designs

6 Likes

+1 well written application as well as some amazing builds

6 Likes

+1
I recognise your name as being a prominent builder, as with a high reputation, you def are getting a trial so good luck with that :o

6 Likes

:+1:

5 Likes

beeg +1 from me, some seriously amazing builds :0

6 Likes

+1 these builds are absolutely amazing!!
U are talented :D!

Good luck TheBlueComet!!

Also welcome to the forums c:

5 Likes

See you soon! ;D

7 Likes

Wow these are amazing!

Best of luck you got this :)

7 Likes

I’ll add in to my last comment.

1. I like all the detail in the application
  2. I like how many builds you added in to portfolio.
    Again gl! +1 as I said before.
4 Likes

+1
It’s a great application with great builds.
I like the very most of your various builds and the size and quantity really show your talent and dedication.
I don’t see anything to fix as long as your builds are not plagiarized (which I don’t think they are) and good luck for your application!
Have a wonderful day. :heart:

4 Likes

I agree.

5 Likes

Hey @TheBlueComet, I’m sorry that you had to wait over a month for the application to be reviewed by me, I’ve been quite busy nowadays and haven’t been able to check on the forums recently.

Back to the point, your application seems professional, clean and you clearly have quite the experience of working for big networks. And so, we’ve decided to accept it!

Please message Mike (mike.#2707) on Discord for further information and be given a trial. Good luck, and again I apologize for the delay.

20 Likes

Congrats :D!

4 Likes

congrats!!

5 Likes

WOOOO congrats!!

4 Likes