The two-kit one-shot exploit

I’m not going to explain how this exploit is performed. I don’t wish to encourage the use of it further, though, I know that many people are very aware of it and I know for a fact that the staff are also aware of it.

For those who don’t know, there is a way to instantly kill any player in the game if they don’t use a kit that negates fall damage. Basically, you are launched 200+ blocks into the air and unless you’re using hornet, you’re going to die when you hit the ground. This exploit is consistent and extremely easy to execute and it’s very painful since the combo has a very short cooldown (you’re also rooted in place and can’t run away from it).

I’d like to hear what the community and the developers have to say about it. Though it may not be a massive issue currently, I’m sure we’re all noticing it becoming increasingly more prevalent and it’s extremely frustrating to play against.I know a few of you will say “just use hornet” and though yes that does stop you from being one-shot, it doesn’t make the combo any less annoying to play against. I’d also like to point out that to the regular players, buying a kit pass for hornet really isn’t anything since we can easily make 1000+ tokens per day but picture yourself as someone who’s just joined this server or somebody that’s less dedicated, to them, wasting 300 tokens just so that they can’t get one-shot by a bug isn’t exactly a great form of counterplay considering they probably don’t even make 300 tokens per day. If I was a new player and I jumped down to have some fights, getting mercilessly 3-5v1’d, spammed with elementalist arrows and having a kit with an area of effect blind cancelling my sprint constantly would be irritating enough let alone being essentially one-shot by something I can’t control.

I’ve also heard rumours that this is an intended thing, though, I don’t see how any competent developer could view such a mechanic as healthy for the server even if it isn’t exactly the most competitive server out there.

2 Likes

I have to agree with this post. This has happened to me several times and it’s a big issue within KitPVP itself. Hopefully this can be fixed soon to help all players (new players specifically).

This “exploit” has been around for several years and at this point both staffs and the community have just accepted it and see it as a feature.

Simply stay away when you see the iconic kit duo.

1 Like

imagine needing a friend to help you do it. i can do it solo best sniper 420 69 katniss everdeen ez pz lemon squeezy 360 noscope

It’s not a bug we can fix as far as I am aware. It’s just a goofy thing that happens with certain potion effects. The only real solution would be to completely rethink all kits that make use of the effect in question.

To my knowledge, one kit is required to do it consistently. You know what kit I’m talking about, why not just remove it? The only time it ever gets used is if either it’s free and a new player wants to try it or if it’s being used for this combo. Besides those two examples, as you know, nobody uses it because it’s a D tier kit at best.

How about any player flying/jumping faster than falcon/titan have to go back to spawn without being killed in the process?
Potion effects are not the only thing that can do this, fire damage can do the same.

Fire damage alone, no. But paired with the right potion effect, yes.
Sending players safely to spawn if they reach a certain height or velocity might work, but also opens up some possibilities for abuse. Maybe full fall damage immunity could work.

@AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA there are 2 kits that can do this, so removing them isn’t really an option.

1 Like

As long as full damage immunity is applied instead, even the height, that falcons can reach no problem, can work, otherwise only vertical velocity greater than titan’s jump or shrek or slingshot or other abilities with similar velocity.

not my favourite kit you hurt me unteam :(((