The state of the mucnhymc forums

Hello gamers,

I have been contemplating making this post for a while, so I think I’ll address it here.

The tldr of this is that the forums is on a decline at the moment.

I’m sure I can’t be the only one noticing that people simply aren’t going on the forums as much as they used to. This is pretty obvious of course, as people naturally go on the forums during application seasons, as seen by the prosperity of the forums from January-March and then a sharp decline since then. Of course, this isn’t to say the forums won’t incline or presume the worst aka a complete death of the forums.

Now for the big question, the why.

Even despite the management team’s best efforts, people get discouraged after being denied. I truly do praise the management team for munchy’s handling of denied applicants, but sometimes things are just out of your control. This is one of my possible reasons for this.

Another of my reasons the forums may be on a decline is when dedicated posts emphasising how applicants shouldn’t be given staff got, for lack of a better term, ratio’s to the ice age. (No you aren’t funny @RealParasitz don’t even try.)

The third reason that probably is the most obvious is that people only go on the forums for the application season. No explanation really needed.

My fourth and final reason for why the forums is at the state that is, is well, no one really is creating topics to discuss. This one fascinates me because I’m a large part of why the forums is even alive at this point. Of course, this isn’t to toot my own horn per say, but I’m basically the one making conservatively a 4th of the posts. Without a reason or interest to make topics, people stop making replies, and it’s sort of a damning cycle really.

But as usual, tell me why I’m completely wrong and need a reality check for how dumb I’m being, I’m hoping there’ll be more of these replies considering when someone puts “the state of” in their post title it tends to invigorate some kind of anger in people that will be delightful to read. But anger surprisingly is also the most expressive emotion, so we’ll se how this post turns out.

Stay gaming gamers.

1 Like

Its fine

12 Likes

Thank you Six for the wonderful insight :+1:

2 Likes

Crafty, do you genuinely make these posts to yell about how you weren’t accepted for staff?

Like, I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but your entire post for why the forums’ activity is declining is purely based on staff applications. Your fourth reason is basically you saying that you’re the most active forum user of all time and are doing everything you can for the forums’ future.

So don’t apply? lol.
If you get discouraged to the point where you’re not willing to be a part of the community anymore then you’re not a good candidate for the staff team.

I’ve never seen a single post dedicated to criticizing an applicant being purposefully ratio’ed. If you’re referring to your own posts then it’s because most of them are quite annoying to say the least and the idea behind them often makes no sense.

And what do we have to do about that? We can’t force someone to stay for the long run if their intention with joining the forums is just to apply for a higher position.
Regardless, I originally joined the forums with the purpose of applying for staff and today I’m the user with the most likes here.

So stop posting random threads with no real logic behind them just for the sake of making yourself look like a relevant and active part of the community?
The only reason why your posts are usually neglected or “made fun of” is purely due to the fact that they are attempting to bring up non-existent/non-solvable issues. If you’re going to bring up a matter, at least make sure it’s relevant to other people as well?

24 Likes

The forums aren’t really on a decline from what I’ve seen. This is the normal level they are at outside of staff season. For a while there have been a few less interesting discussions than usual that I’ve seen, but the forums goes through periods like this all the time, they’re still as active as they usually are.
There has been a noticeable decrease in activity but as you stated this is because of staff season. The majority of forums users aren’t here all day and only check in once or twice a week to see if anything exciting is happening, but with staff season you never know when something will happen.

All in all, there isn’t a decline now, but an increase during staff seasons.

18 Likes

why do you keep doing this

2 Likes

so my 20 day long thread with over 50+ ideas for woolwars just doesnt exist huh.

3 Likes

Honestly, no. I’m doing it because I’m bored and have nothing better to do with my time.

Some of your points are essentially me disagreeing with you, so I won’t be responding to them here. This post was also half satire, which was extremely dumb on my part.

My posts are almost never neglected, I find it ironic that in the same sentence you say stop making up non-relevant/non-solvable issues but I think you just threw this one in here to add to your reply.

Good point, when I make topics I don’t think of how relevant it is to other people.

Mis worded it I meant reply :+1:

Overall, I think you might be a little overly harsh here, but you do make some good points, I’ll adjust to them accordingly

I was mainly going off of recent topics, but sure

This post was also meant to be more of an analysis of the problems and observations rather than definitive “xyz is happening this is unsolvable and death of munchy”

I honestly don’t feel like wasting my time reading those kind of posts anymore so I’ll just assume everything is alright.

If you just wanted to talk about how much you hate staff applications, you wouldn’t need to take it as an example to say that munchy forums are dying.

7 Likes

Alternative title: my staff application got denied because im immature and now im making pointless topics backhandedly complaining about it to look involved in the community. my strategy is that by pretending to be mature (the thing i got denied for) i will get accepted next season

2 Likes

This is completely normal activity for the forums, people are more active during staff season (which makes sense) and less active when it isn’t, especially after the season JUST ended. Stop trying to make up problems to talk about how you weren’t accepted for staff

Obviously referring to yourself here, which is fine. The only reason your posts get ratio’d is because you make up non existent problems for who knows what reason. If you don’t want your posts to get ratio’d then give some solutions instead of just stating flaws in the server.

Then don’t apply lmfao. If people stop using the forums because they got denied they were not a good applicant nor a good community member to begin with. If you are this mad about being denied that you make this post crafty you are just reenforcing BFI’s reason to deny you.

This simply just isn’t true, as I’ve said we are in the dead zone, RIGHT when staff season ends. Give it a few weeks the forums will be fine and will be as active as always.

No, this definitely was to toot your own horn. Again, this entire post is just an excuse to talk about yourself and backhandedly give reasons why you should be staff. You are not a 4th of the posts, regardless that has nothing to do with the “state of the forums”.

Again, showing you can’t take feedback, pretending you are above everyone and acting like you are always in the right.

Grow up Crafty, its a block game

19 Likes

The forums are and for a long time has been on a decline, but not by numbers–by meaningful discussion. In the past when I moderated the forums here we took steps to minimize the amount of meaningless discussion and prioritize actual forums-worthy discussion. Guess no one cares about that anymore but it’s Minecraft, I won’t grieve. Still, it’s disappointing to see that a lot of the topics being made nowadays go something like “how is your day”, “what are your plans for xyz”, “it’s my birthday”. It’s better that the forums are slow but have actually good topics worth discussing and contributing towards instead of where it’s at right now. Lots of filler posts that are pointless and will lead nowhere and few substantial topics that spark meaningful discussion.

You should also be aware that it’s not every day that a good idea comes into your head to make a topic about and that is perfectly okay.

10 Likes

This is true, and everybody knows it.
That is 100% a natural reaction to denial, but you need to keep on keepin’ on Semi.

Even if you get denied you need to find what you didn’t do the best on and improve on it. No need to keep making more and more post talking about it.

If you want to get accepted you need to take action, message Mikeal (if you applied on kit) and see what you could improve on, then try to work on those things.

I don’t try to come of rude, but I’ve seen like 5 of these post in the past week on forums.

Also, you’re very wrong on this one. I’ve been getting on the forums every day for… a while. I don’t know the specific day count, but it’s almost 100 in a row I think, it’s just great to come on and see what people are talking about and what kind of events are going on. Like recently I participated in the Skin Competition on survival and it was great.

Then you got people like @EvillRat who is literally everywhere you look o-o.

Anyways… I hope you can take what I said positively.

6 Likes

I no longer see this as a useful discussion, since seems like some replies are just piling on things that have already been said.

Please remember to make your posts as constructive as possible without assuming things that (while you think are very likely) might not be true. This isn’t to say that everyone here has been doing that, but do keep it in mind.

This being said, back onto the idea of the post, many of you make good points about the forums and it’s activity which sum up my thoughts on the topic pretty well.

12 Likes