The nether is not spawning gold

I don’t know why; the nether isn’t spawning gold. I could be made so it only drops one nugget.

The zombie piglins or the nether gold ore?

They changed it so gold ore and blocks in bastions don’t appear in the mining nether and underworld since the whole currency is based off of gold.

2 Likes

Nether Gold Ore or Gold Blocks?

1 Like

both xd

1 Like

Yeah like alk said, they removed every form of gold in the nether

But Nether Gold Ore is also Ore, why should Gold Ore only exist in the overworld?

I’m personally fond of the way it’s protected the economy from inflation. While there could be some tweaks, such as adding the ore back, not being able to farm for gold makes it so people with lots of alts can’t gold farm piglins. For the ore, if added, it would be nice if it had a lesser spawn rate than the vanilla version of Minecraft. Gold ore in the nether normally can just be found exposed on the ground by exploring, which is a lot easier than finding it in the overworld is. If they made it rarer, comparable to main world spawn rates, and not easily locatable on the surface, gold ore would make an interesting addition of the nether without altering the $ system too much.

6 Likes

If it was as rare as overworld gold then it would be balanced.

Yeah, it would be nice to see gold appear in the nether, just with a lower spawning rate so it’s balanced.

In my opinion, I think gold should be kept out of the nether. We already have many players with hundreds of thousands in gold ingots, and adding even more gold into the mix would just ruin the economy further in my opinion. If anything, we should be finding more things for players to spend gold on rather than adding more ways to obtain gold. Moreover, we already have the mining world reset every two weeks and mesa mining is already so OP for gold.

6 Likes

As stated above, this is intentional to protect the gold economy from massive inflation. The 1.16 update makes gold fairly abundant overall, which is fine for a single-player world but less so for an economy based survival server. We liked the difficulty of obtaining gold as it was pre-1.16 and so have aimed to keep it like that in this update.

6 Likes

I think anyone here is misunderstanding the Nether Gold Ore.
Nether Gold Ore sure is exposed on the surface, just like Quartz Ore can be, but its value is greatly lower than overworld Gold Ore, as it drops only nuggets, while the Gold Ore on the overworld can be smelted into ingots, what more that Ore can be quadrupled with a high mining ability and smelting ability.
Just one overworld Gold Ore is 4 times better than one Nether Gold Ore vein.
I don’t see Nether Gold Ore as the economy’s inflation you all talk about.

1 Like

I mean you have a point- I have a 50% double smelt chance and a 100% double drop. chance- so I do kinda quadruple a single gold ore in the overworld. It would be balanced if they just took away double drop, or even if they didn’t.

Drop rates are not the only thing to consider, Kitten.

Here is the current gold ore spawn rate in the overworld on the server from a /rtp:

And here is the vanilla nether gold ore spawn rate:

This is clearly an issue regardless of the diminished gold output of a single nether gold ore compared with regular gold ore as it is so much more abundant. That, mixed with now having four worlds to mine gold in compared to the current two (overworld and mining world, to now: overworld, mining world, nether mining world and underworld), definitely threatens economic inflation.

Obviously there are multiple solutions to this: changing nether gold ore spawn rates, modifying MCMMO mining skill perks for nether gold ore, changing drop rates of the ore, etc. We chose the first option, setting it to zero. Our aim with this decision is to keep increasing your gold balance to the overworld and mining world, whilst having the nether mining world and underworld for gathering nether materials and having a home in the nether respectively.

Obtaining gold is no harder than in any of the previous versions, it just hasn’t been made easier by this update. No gameplay is impacted by this decision, so I don’t really see it as that big of a deal.

6 Likes

smh bfi using xray mods get this punk banned

2 Likes

Can you redo it and compare it with

?

I could make 40k a day out of a mesa if I wanted- just to put that into perspective. (In exchange for my mental health obviously)

you have to remember that gold ore in the nether gives only nuggets not ingots. and honestly you should reinstate piglins dropping gold as it takes a lot of work to make a gold farm. ive been watching several playthoughs of the new nether update and it takes so long to get all the items needed and also it is hard to build in the first place.

I would like to politely disagree with statements made in your comment. The nether gold may drop nuggets, but as BFI01 shared in the screenshots, the vanilla spawn rate of nether gold ore is drastically larger than the gold ore spawn rate in the overworld of the server. It only takes 9 nuggets to make one ingot, and with the amount of nether gold ore that’s possible to spawn, it won’t be difficult to make a decent amount of money.

Regarding the gold drops of pigmen being nerfed, I have to agree with the decision to keep them nerfed. Though I don’t entirely know what it takes to make a gold farm, I don’t really doubt that it would be made extremely simple by the players. In my experience, the players on this server are insanely clever and I don’t doubt they’d find an easy way to farm gold. Especially with the economic system on this server, players can purchase the materials necessary from other players.

These factors would majorly affect the economy on this server. There is already hundreds of thousands of gold ingots, if not millions in circulation. It’s my understanding that this map’s economy is already intensely inflated compared to the first survival map. This is just from the gold ore that has been mined on this map. Players can earn around 1-4k gold from just one hour of mining in a mesa alone.

Adding in more gold in these ways may not seem extremely harmful, but it causes values of items to deteriorate. In my opinion, adding in nether gold and pigmen gold drops would be rather harmful to the survival economy.

It is always nice to think of different ways to improve the server and to bring up different ideas! This is just my take on the potential affects of this possibility.

1 Like