The Necropost Seminar

Hiya gamers,

It seems like some of you still can’t read the forums rules after 420 years of the existence of the forums.

So, because we’re so far away from actually reading what we should and shouldn’t do before creating a reply or topic, I give you the all-exclusive Crafty’s Necropost Seminar, to reform your actions into being a productive member of society and not a nuisance.

FYI: This post is semi satirical with some educational value, don’t get butthurt if I say something not nice, all jokes :p

So, what is Necroposting?

Necroposting is a combination of 2 words, Necro (Or Dead) and Posting, like this topic here or a reply. Munchy defines necroposting as needlessly bumping or replying to a post that has gained 14 days or 2 weeks of inactivity.

How can I tell if a post has 2 or more weeks of inactivity?

Well, thanks to the hosting website, discourse, we have a couple of methods of viewing an inactive post. Firstly, the date will be in the top right corner, so simply go down to the last reply and see if it’s inactive. Note that when a post has a date that resembles something like “January ‘21” it’s referring to January 2021, not January 21st. Secondly, if Discourse detects you replying to an old post, it will warn you before replying… sometimes o.o

And if all else fails above? (How…)

As a general rule of thumb, make sure you don’t scroll down from one of the view all sections, or look at a person’s top topics from their profile, or the “suggested topics” down at the bottom, as all of them are usually old lifeless topics. Basically, just stick to the home page topics, as those ones are usually in date.

Don’t reply to these:

Reply to these:

Good luck out there soldier, make sure you follow the tips and tricks in this Necropost seminar, otherwise you might get yeeted, and you don’t want that, do you?

Enjoy reading this one to me in vc @Sp1derSnake

5 Likes

Let me summarise your post in a small sentence that people would understand better than your whole essay:

• Please be careful guys and don’t necropost/replying to a post that has been inactive for over two weeks.
4 Likes

This actually happened to me one time when I was somewhat of a newer forums user, I went to suggested topics and was like “wow this is neet” and replied to something from like 5 months ago.

1 Like

More or less, I just wanted to make people feel extremely dumb for doing it so they won’t do it again lol

Mhm! Also, you should change the topic’s category because I doubt that Community-Guide fits it. It does not really feel like a guide and helping people/making them stop necroposting by letting them feel stupid of doing this mistake feels off to me. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Isn’t the purpose of a guide to tell people how to or how not to do something

You could have phrased your guide in a better way then.

its okay to necropost if u have something transformational to add to the post (for example if i compiled the results from my map survey 2 weeks after the last reply it would be ok to post them)

4 Likes

I’m waiting two weeks and then necroing this

15 Likes

Fantastic guide! (yes, I’m a cowardly 2 days early)

4 Likes

I literally have a reminder on my phone to reply to this thread in 2 days from now
you ruined all of my hopes and dreams and I hope you have a very unpleasant rest of your day

3 Likes

I literally have a reminder on my phone to reply to this thread in 2 days from now
you ruined all of my hopes and dreams and I hope you have a very unpleasant rest of your day

Unlike you, I have enough evidence to prove my dedication.

9 Likes

I think there was like 5 people that wanted to necro this lmao

How come I’m not on it.

1 Like

sorry I only ever make out with helix

1 Like

L

2 Likes

Just kidding…

Omg I accidentally necropsies the other day and didn’t even realise thanks for putting this out lol

2 Likes